Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

week #1 shaven side markers, keyholes, front grille...preppin for paint, 56k no no...

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2006, 11:27 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hopefully it won't seperate, but the bumper being as flexiable as it is. I'm sure it will in the rear
Old 09-02-2006, 01:24 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Havok2
not to be a hater.

but those side markers were there for a reason. what you did is illegal.

as much as i like it, i would hate being hounded by the troopers...
Is it illegal?

I know you are not supposed to tamper with your lights, but most cars do not even have side markers. I think the cop would have to know f-bodies well and be very observant to notice.
Old 09-02-2006, 01:42 PM
TECH Enthusiast

it is illegal to take the side markers off in most states. It is in mine, but I wouldn't worry about it. If a car was not equipped with them originally, then there is no problem. I don't remember what year it is, but at one point it became law for automakers to put the side markers on. I've been pulled over by some very attentive police before, one even tried looking under my car for catylitics, but never noticed the side lights. I haven't been ticketed for it yet.
Old 09-02-2006, 01:47 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 94 Likes on 74 Posts

I did the same..."front bumper"... slowly working to do the rest...( antenna, rear panel."... Good job...
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
Old 09-02-2006, 03:01 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by DEMONBIRD
SMART MAN !!!!

Umm... you did what same stuff ???? I still see your keyholes, I still see your antenna, I still see your side markers...

I think you meant, "I did the same thing to my back panel and bumper..." !
Yea, I figured he would be smart enough to relize what I did and what I didnt do.... Thanks for pointing that out Ace.....
Old 09-02-2006, 03:36 PM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by WTBFBODY
Yea, I figured he would be smart enough to relize what I did and what I didnt do.... Thanks for pointing that out Ace.....
Yeah I was just screwing with you !

Originally Posted by 98hardtopZ
im only 17, and while many others my same age may think they know everything i know i have alot to learn, but alot of it comes with experience...i figure do it right the first time and not worryabout it..
Yup, everyone learns from experience, some people are just smart enough to learn from OTHER people's experience !
Old 09-02-2006, 03:50 PM
Teching In

when I first did my front bumper, I went the bondo route and about 3wks later it started cracking, SO, what I found to be 1000x's better then just filling them was to actually pull the front fascia off and cut the buckets out that the grill mounted to, then glassed the holes from the back. If your good enough with the glass, no filler is needed and the results came out WAAYY better, and to this day nothing has cracked, shifted, or pulled apart....

Just my 2cents...........

Quick Reply: week #1 shaven side markers, keyholes, front grille...preppin for paint, 56k no no...