Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

Why Carbon-Fiber?

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2006, 03:44 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Nine Ball
It has to do with you judging other people's tastes. So, that leaves your taste open to being judged too.

I can steer the topic any direction I wish, I own the keys to this place.
Who are you to talk boss! No one ever said you had any taste, after all you do own a pusstang.
Old 10-24-2006, 07:43 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by parbreak
This whole thread was not about how strong chrome or CF is, it was about how they "APPEAR". I couldn't give two ***** whether chrome can bust thru a 2' wall with barely a scratch or not, what does that have to do with appearance items under the hood????????? I was comparing the use of chrome vs. CF in appearance applications, but thank you for completely missing the point.
Read the last paragraph of what I wrote. I said all that to say that it is usually a misuse and that it is often done in piecemeal fashion without regard to whether it is consistant with a theme. I also was tired of people claiming that certain materials are useful only for their aesthetic value, hence the length of the post.
Originally Posted by parbreak
He compared CF to chrome in his very last sentence. I'm saying they are both appearance related items and that chrome serves no function other than to look "pretty" just as CF overlays serve no function other than to look pretty. Nobody has strayed anywhere.
In fact, since you were the one who said this, I'm not surprised you didn't see the relevence of my post. They both have their uses. Some people use a material soley for it's appearance, some for it's application. As an engineer and an artist, I can appreciate both, but I prefer to blend appearance and function.

Also, many users of both of these use them outside of their engine bay, which is when making sure it is consistant with the rest of the theme of the car is most important. Thank you for missing my point.
Old 10-24-2006, 08:35 AM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 46 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by zo6vette037
Who are you to talk boss! No one ever said you had any taste, after all you do own a pusstang.
My wife's Mustang looks better than your snowflake wheel ground effect hampered Camaro. Probably runs quicker too!

Funny that you have to hide your bastard gfx Camaros behind the best looking vehicle in your signature....a motorcycle
Old 10-24-2006, 09:29 AM
TECH Apprentice

My wife's Mustang looks better than your snowflake wheel ground effect hampered Camaro. Probably runs quicker too!

Funny that you have to hide your bastard gfx Camaros behind the best looking vehicle in your signature....a motorcycle

Okay father time, well I guess I have to give you some props. I figured after my last comment I was no longer going to be on the site.

You can give my GE camaros all the **** you want to, but the only reason not alot is done to them is due to parts not being able to be shipped up to Alaska. Dont worry I am being transfered to my new AFB in Las Vegas in about 7 month and I will be happy to take a trip down to TX and show you cars can still hold their own.
Old 10-24-2006, 10:03 AM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Don't post the retarded kid image again, or you will be banned.

Just remember that if you dish it out, you also have to be able to take it. I think you will find that more people here think that GFX and El Caminos suck a little more than carbon fiber
Old 10-24-2006, 10:44 AM
TECH Fanatic

I know this has been debated in this thread already, BUT Carbon fiber done RIGHT is FTMFW!!

I have also seen a few Camaro's with ground effects that didn't look too bad.
Old 10-24-2006, 11:09 AM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

True, some aftermarket GFX for Camaros are bearable, but the factory stuff looks like stapled-on crap. Doesn't even match the lines of the body, reminds me of a gutter going around the roof of your house.
Old 10-24-2006, 11:23 AM
Banned

El Caminos, damn Tony...

A gutter?
Old 10-24-2006, 01:06 PM
TECH Fanatic

I dont mind it if its put in places that look good.. Like CF mirrors are gay IMO.. But some engine accents or interior accents arnt bad..
Old 10-24-2006, 06:54 PM
TECH Resident

Don't post the retarded kid image again, or you will be banned.

Just remember that if you dish it out, you also have to be able to take it. I think you will find that more people here think that GFX and El Caminos suck a little more than carbon fiber
Why do you have to bring El Caminos into the debate? I've always loved them, and would be very hapy to see the Ute available as a Chevy. May even consider trading my car in on one.
Old 10-24-2006, 07:42 PM
TECH Fanatic

carbon fiber
Old 10-24-2006, 08:50 PM
Banned

Default The more you read...

Quick Reply: Why Carbon-Fiber?