Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

mother's car wash soap

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2007, 11:41 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default mother's car wash soap

who uses it? its the one thats brown and smells like bubble gum.
Old 02-17-2007, 11:51 PM
Launching!

All the time. It is great car wash. It will not strip wax, and it does a great job in cleaning off grime. I've used it for years, and its my main car wash.
Old 02-17-2007, 11:53 PM
TECH Veteran

i need to dawn my car soon, i have like 15 coats of wax on it

only thing i hate is the water spots.

when i started using the soap, i noticed a difference compared to the blue generic type.
Old 02-18-2007, 10:50 AM
Launching!

If you are using Zaino then that's ok bc that is what they say to use with their system. What is really needed, however, is a good polish cleaning with a paint cleaner and a polish. Dawn dries the paint, but (believe it or not) it will not remove all of your wax or contaminants. Dried wax and dirt can be near impossible to remove completely without using a proven polish or even a series of polishes.
Old 02-18-2007, 07:19 PM
TECH Veteran

i use dupont teflon wax, and nufinish polish then ice on top.
Old 02-18-2007, 10:06 PM
Launching!

What you may do, just as an idea, is to check out one or two detail sites. I frequent www.autopia.org, as you will be surprised in finding out how many different products and methods you could use. It can get a little hairy sometimes bc there are people that have their opinions on certain products and stuff (..like welcome to the internet).

The most important thing is to use what works best for you. Its good to see different methods and to even try out different products. It seems like I always learn new or different things.....but in all reinforcing the basics that work best for my cars.
Old 02-18-2007, 11:08 PM
TECH Veteran

ive learned a method on how to apply, because i was getting swirl marks before but now i dont.

i have to find out how to cut down on dust. and i recently switched to microfiber towels. used to use a baby blanket

Originally Posted by lbls1
What you may do, just as an idea, is to check out one or two detail sites. I frequent www.autopia.org, as you will be surprised in finding out how many different products and methods you could use. It can get a little hairy sometimes bc there are people that have their opinions on certain products and stuff (..like welcome to the internet).

The most important thing is to use what works best for you. Its good to see different methods and to even try out different products. It seems like I always learn new or different things.....but in all reinforcing the basics that work best for my cars.
Old 02-20-2007, 05:53 PM
Launching!

mfs are great to use. I specifically use them to wipe off polish residue when I go for the first big clean, and of course during waxing when I wipe off wax.

Quick Reply: mother's car wash soap