Old 03-05-2007, 08:31 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

crazy
Old 03-06-2007, 05:27 AM
SRZ
TECH Fanatic

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

That suckers has saved my my *** and my car more than once. Not a TA but nonetheless I won't go w/out one or 2 again. Thinking fire suppression system next time.
Old 03-06-2007, 02:57 PM
Launching!

Putting it on the A-pillar is in fact rice. First of all, it's not easy to reach way the hell over there, so it isn't convenient, and second, if it's small enough to fit on the a-pillar, it's too small to help you.

I also second the notion that nitrous is not an excuse for having a fire extinguisher. Ever had the pressure go too high and blow? Nothing catches on fire, it freezes. If you feel that you are seriously worried about this, you should just get a extinguisher kit that will affix to a roll cage, basically they smother the entire car when a rip cord is pulled.

And BTW, nitrous bottles should all have BOVs or turndowns, so if the pressure did go too far north, the bottle doesn't explode; hopefully everybody already knew that.
Old 03-06-2007, 03:01 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

so anyway, i got sick of reading the crap in the thread, so i skipped reading most of it.. if it hasnt been said:

a good place to mount one within reach, but out of sight is on the firewall in the passengers footwell area.
you can barely see it since its almost under the dash, and the passenger will still have plenty of leg room.. just mount a quick release bracket with the lever on the bottom.

in case of fire, reach down there, release and pull the extinguisher out...
Old 03-07-2007, 01:47 AM
SRZ
TECH Fanatic

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by michaelg589
Some of you people are completely fu**ing retarded... There is absolutely NO reason to have any kind of fire extiguishing device in a street car. And if you think you need one, YOU SHOULDNT BE DRIVING YOUR FU**ING CAR! If your car is on fire, I would hope most of you would have enough sense to save yourself from being burnt, not trying to save your car which is (should be) insured! Why would your car catch fire? Did you TRY to install your NAWWWS yourself and fu**ed it all up? DId you TRY to wire up some cool switches that might short because you dont know how to do electrical work? Unless youre running lower than a 10 at the track, having a fire suppression system in your car is just stupid overkill. Its you saying to everyone ," yoo, my car is soooo fast that the "race" fuel in there can be dangerous, So I got this mad cool custom fire extiguisher mounted on the PASSENGER side in front of the seat where I CAN'T reach it."

I dont' run NOS. I had a fuel leak right above the cat which caused my fire and luckily I had my extinguisher in the car. I pulled over immediately as I didn't even know I was on fire....on coming cars were flashing me left and right and then I saw the flame from the side mirror. It was a natural instinct for me to pull over and grab the extinguisher in basically one motion.

Stupid? I don't judge and more importantly I have close to 70K not including the cost of the car invested so I like to protect my what I have. It has nothing to do with "yoo, my car is soooo fast that the race fuel yada yada yada..." have you had a car burn to the ground and if so how much did you get for it? Was this a stk or modded car? Insurance? I wouldn't get **** for it....not until I'm stateside and get that "special insurance".

So some may like it for looks others may like it for function and an extra safety measure. Who are you to judge?
Old 03-07-2007, 04:19 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

[QUOTE=CAMAROZ28SS]i cant belive someone called that rice. i have a fire extinguisher in every vehical i own. i learned whe i was towing my bobcat with my dually and one of my trailers hubs caught on fire and i have a diet coke to put it out"

That reminds me, years ago i was in my 87 GTA and the front drivers side brake stuck on, so i pulled into a gas station to find that it had caught fire. So i grabbed my orange gatorade to put it out. so yeah i've been thinking of getting one. and as stated before, 95% of us wouldnt get what we got invested in em from those fu(kin insurance company's! So to me it's worth a try to save my baby.
Old 03-07-2007, 05:12 AM
TECH Addict

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Some of you people are completely fu**ing retarded... There is absolutely NO reason to have any kind of fire extiguishing device in a street car. And if you think you need one, YOU SHOULDNT BE DRIVING YOUR FU**ING CAR! If your car is on fire, I would hope most of you would have enough sense to save yourself from being burnt, not trying to save your car which is (should be) insured! Why would your car catch fire? Did you TRY to install your NAWWWS yourself and fu**ed it all up? DId you TRY to wire up some cool switches that might short because you dont know how to do electrical work? Unless youre running lower than a 10 at the track, having a fire suppression system in your car is just stupid overkill. Its you saying to everyone ," yoo, my car is soooo fast that the "race" fuel in there can be dangerous, So I got this mad cool custom fire extiguisher mounted on the PASSENGER side in front of the seat where I CAN'T reach it."
^^^WTF are you saying. It's smart to have one in your car as many things could cause a fire. I know alot of the Grand Prix GTP guys carry them in there cars as the injector o-rings can be a problem on them. They crack, leak onto hot header or manifold and up she goes. And the stupid immature "It's just a grand prix" comment, along withe others, can be saved. It's good insurance to keep yourself from going through the headaches of a fire. Keep it outta sight and easy to access and it's a good investment. ~Cole~
Old 03-07-2007, 06:06 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

...cant believe there were people that narrow minded about protecting somthing. if you have pride in anything you'll try to do anything to protect it. if anything at least you'd be able to know that you at least TRIED instead of just standing their with your thumb up your *** watching your car go down in flames...
Old 03-07-2007, 06:16 AM
Rehab is for quitters...

I am one of the retards you are referring too so I will reply to your bullshit too!

First off, if we all kept our cars almost stock like yours we would probably let the insurance cover it in case of a fire since we wouldn't have too much time or money invested in the car. Anyone that mods their car above a certain point will tell you that insurance will NEVER cover your total cost of investment.

Second, what world are you living in where only cars with nitrous and run faster than 10 seconds ever catch fire? I have seen a ******* Pontiac Aztec catch fire, now that is a bad *** 10 second car! Whew, thank God he had a FIRE EXTINGUISHER and was able to save the life of his blind wifes' seeing eye dog that was in a travel cage in the back of the vehicle. For you to say that it is "totally unnecessary" is a completely bullshit statement. 100% necessary? No. Rice? Definitely not. Personal choice to protect your car "just in case"? Absofuckinlutely!

And last but not least, how ******* deformed are you that you could not reach over a 12" wide center console to reach a fire extinguisher "mounted on the PASSENGER side in front of the seat where I CAN'T reach it." I have seen some short arms before but that has got to be some kind of record.

For the record my car was set up originally being set up to run AutoX where a fire extinguisher was REQUIRED so it was mounted to the passenger floor side of the center hump where even my 18 month old son could reach if if needed. It has a quick release bracket and is removable in ~10 seconds. Damn, it took too long now I might get burned up in my mad tight race fuel yo.

Here is where mine is, for now.

Respectfully,

Retard #1
Old 03-07-2007, 06:34 AM
10 Second Club

Retard #2 checking in. I'm also a firefighter. I wouldent go ANYWHERE in my car without one. it could save my car, or it could save someones LIFE. I hope i drive by your car with it on fire and you trapped inside it, just to show you its a good practice to keep one in the car.
Old 03-07-2007, 05:34 PM
TECH Junkie

All this talk and like 2 or 3 pics? I'm thinking of adding one right where XtinctZ28. But instead I'll have a real fire extinguisher and not a spray paint rattle can.

Jus kiddin,
Old 03-07-2007, 05:52 PM
TECH Addict

LS1Tech 20 Year Member

Sorry, here's some pics of mine (retard #3) mounted on roll cage crossbar - easily accessible from DS:

This retard has over 30k invested in mods on top of 27k original price - extinguisher is not a frill in case the worst happens sure better than losing all that $$ and hard work...
Old 03-07-2007, 10:10 PM
TECH Resident

Did you guys not learn anything when Johnny Tran shot up the Eclipse in FnF?
Old 03-07-2007, 10:18 PM
TECH Junkie

im gettin a 2.5lb(maybe a 5lb if i can afford it) halon extingusher soon. goin to mount it where the t-bar would be or on the passenger floorboard(if i can reach it from the driver seat.)
Old 03-07-2007, 10:40 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by WADDISME
Did you guys not learn anything when Johnny Tran shot up the Eclipse in FnF?
Dont **** with asians on crotch rockets?
Old 03-09-2007, 09:36 AM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by FireBird_Fr3ak
Dont **** with asians on crotch rockets?
i only know one asian guy with a crotch rocket... hes short (like alot of asians) and hes dropped his bike 3 times now while stopped because he has trouble reaching his foot down.

i cant say i fear asians on crotch rockets.
Old 03-09-2007, 04:11 PM
Dan
11 Second Club

To all the Meatpuppets who think it won't happen to them..Not my car, one of our fellow 30th owners
http://www.30th-ta.org/30forum/index.php?topic=351.0
Old 03-09-2007, 10:00 PM
TECH Fanatic

what a dumbass
Old 03-09-2007, 10:11 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by CAMAROZ28SS

what a dumbass
+1

I guess my 6pt bar and 5pt harness are rice also...
Old 03-09-2007, 11:44 PM
TECH Regular

Mine is between the rear seats. It is perfectly accessible in th event of the unspeakable. I don't think it is a good idea to put it in the trunk. (you notice a fire so you get out of your car as you hit the trunk release button, whoops better hit it a few times until the latch finally releases, then you grab the extinguisher and pop the hood but by then it is too late because the fire has already destroyed the release cable. Better go find a new car
Attached Thumbnails fire extinguishers-mvc-014s.jpg