Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

VFN Customer Appreciation Gallery

Old 03-08-2007, 06:36 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default VFN Customer Appreciation Gallery

I do hereby certify this thread as VFN Customer Appreciation. VFN has provided top-notch fiber-glass products for over 30 years. The company is nothing but 100% professional. Their amazing customer service is as well known as their awesome products.

I have personally test fit 2 pre-production hoods for VFN. The first was the WS9 Outlaw Hood for 98-02 Firebirds and the second was a Sunoco Stlye Hood for a 93-97 Camaro. Having seen first hand the amazing quality of work, on a pre-production hoods no less, I was certain I would be returning to VFN to purchase a regular style WS6 hood for my Firebird. Of course, the hood was nothing short of quality. The hood fit 99% as well as OEM and needed virtually no work before paint. My painter told me it was one of the nicest hoods he'd ever worked on. I would have to go ahead and rank my entire experience with them a 10/10. Here's some pics of the finished hood, to get a good idea of just how well everything turned out!

I'd like to ask that anyone who has purchased a hood from VFN and has been satisfied with the product, please post up a pic and tell us your story of success with VFN.

Last edited by phantomzer0; 04-27-2007 at 10:53 PM.
Old 03-08-2007, 06:50 PM
Rehab is for quitters...

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I bought the Sunoco no line from them, I was quoted around 6 weeks and I actually picked it up from VFN at almost exactly 5 weeks. The fit is great, the prep needed to make it look good with gloss black was minimal. My painter also commented on the quality of the hood compared to most of the after market hoods he has seen in the last 20 years of painting.

I get TONS of compliments on my car and a lot of those comments are due to the hood.

Great customer service, I actually called all the time to check on it and they did not mind my obsessiveness at all!

I would (and have) recommend VFN to anyone looking for a high quality fiberglass hood that fits right and is priced right.

Here is my VFN hood:

Old 03-08-2007, 06:58 PM
TECH Veteran

Looks great! Nothing but the best!!
Old 03-08-2007, 07:00 PM
TECH Senior Member

I would rank them a 9/10 with some communication problems. I've discovered that they don't return emails and the receptionists can't offer good advice on how to prep a hood before paint

Painting it myself next week.
Old 03-08-2007, 07:25 PM
TECH Addict

I honestly don't even know what to say here. I have NEVER had the pleasure of dealing with a company as good as VFN. Their products are top notch, they staff is second to none, and their speed of service is excellent.

Thank you VFN for everything. I continue to sing your praises to the world and everyone who's ever looking for anything fiberglass parts. I will never even consider going anywhere else in my entire life.

Here's pictures of their Sunoco hood on my '99 Camaro and their 4" cowl induction hood on my '94.

Oh and both of these cars are daily drivers here in WI. That means they see snow, salt, rain, everything and both hoods have stood the test of time and have come out unscaved.

Old 03-08-2007, 07:36 PM
Staging Lane

When I emailed a few questions to VFN about their WS6 hoods, they told me the most common adjustments are adjusting your hinge area to accomidate for a fiberglass hood (which is thicker then factory) there are also some adjustments needed around the headlight area. Will the body shop take care of this for me or am I responsible for this? Has anybody ran into these adjustments before?
Old 03-08-2007, 07:50 PM
TECH Veteran

Any time you switch the hood on your vehicle (OEM or aftermarket) your going to run into adjustments. It's relatively easy to do but it can be painstaking at times. Before you get your hood painted, it's recommended to let it cure for 30 days. During this time, it's a good idea to talk to your body shop and see what they can do for you. Of course, I really don't even need to say it, but VFN will assist you with any questions you have with aligning your hood. You WILL NOT be disappointed.
Old 03-08-2007, 09:05 PM
Staging Lane

I wish VFN offered something like the SLP H.O. hood
Old 03-08-2007, 09:34 PM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

There is definetly no beating their product, PRICE (SO CHEAP relatively), or customer service (Jeanie is the bomb ) !!!

It looks damn good on my car and these pics are STRAIGHT OUT OF THE BOX !!! Just wait untill she is professionally fitted and painted...

Last edited by 6LITEREATER; 03-13-2007 at 04:09 PM.
Old 03-08-2007, 09:55 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I Dont have any pics yet but when i get my hood i'll post up some but regardless just talking to them on the phone a few times you can tell they are really nice people and helpful with any questions ovarall this compant it top notch nuff said!!!!.... I rate 10/10 and i havent even got my hood yet lol ......i cant wait !!!!
Old 03-08-2007, 10:21 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

VFN is the ****!
Old 03-08-2007, 10:25 PM
11 Second Club

+ 1 for VFN love my hood

Old 03-10-2007, 11:05 AM
TECH Veteran

I know there's more of you guys out there rocking VFN hoods! Let's see the pics and hear your experience with them!
Old 03-10-2007, 11:21 AM
Launching!

damn.

all look awesome.
Old 03-10-2007, 11:30 AM
Launching!

I can't say how well my hood fits. My body guy said that my Sunoco fit better then some OEM he's seen. Great customer service and awesome prices as well.

I'll post back in a few days when the whole car is painted and in the sun for you guys. Thankyou VFN!!!
Old 03-10-2007, 02:56 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by 02camaroburn
I can't say how well my hood fits. My body guy said that my Sunoco fit better then some OEM he's seen. Great customer service and awesome prices as well.

I'll post back in a few days when the whole car is painted and in the sun for you guys. Thankyou VFN!!!
NICE CHOICE !!! I LOVE the stripes you used to have on your car (the pinstripes being a complimentary color instead of the same color REALLY set it off)... Are you going to do something similar with the Sunoco? I hope so !
Old 03-10-2007, 03:22 PM
Launching!

Thanks man. I'll be getting some stripes painted later on but I'm going to give it alittle time so I can think it out and come up with something really nice. From what I was looking at it's alittle tricky to get the stripes right the way I wanted them with the way the sides come in so close at the front. But I'll get something worked out with it soon enough
Old 03-10-2007, 03:35 PM
Banned

Thanks man. I'll be getting some stripes painted later on but I'm going to give it alittle time so I can think it out and come up with something really nice. From what I was looking at it's alittle tricky to get the stripes right the way I wanted them with the way the sides come in so close at the front. But I'll get something worked out with it soon enough
Yeah, I see what you're saying... Well then screw keeping them just on the top of the cowl and let those babies STRETCH OUT (lay from the cowl to the flat part of the hood) old school style:

I think that since you have the line on your cowl it would look GREAT! Like steps
Old 03-10-2007, 03:43 PM
Banned

Then again, you could go with an idea I've been sitting on for awhile (but probably won't go with so I'll pass the torch to you):

Obviously altered from that (maybe even solid in the center) but you get the idea...

OR, and this is my favorite, a mixture of the two:

It's the Barry White 1969 Chevrolet Camaro Super Muscle Car and I think that (with your silver pinstripe) it could look AMAZING on your car
Old 03-10-2007, 05:22 PM
Launching!

Damn it seems like you've been thinking about this more then I have. I thought about the stepped stripes but I don't think they would fit really well. I dunno, when I get it back in a few days I'll lay out some tape and send some pics to ya. But since you mentioned it I may have to go with a silver pinstripe again too

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: VFN Customer Appreciation Gallery