Whats better? Any why?
Old 03-17-2007, 03:02 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Never heard about Tropi-Care...ZAINO FTW its amazing
Old 03-17-2007, 05:10 PM
On The Tree

You'll get mixed reactions about both. From reading numerous post they both appear to be great products. I can vouch for zaino, been using it for years now and will never use anything else. The protection and wet shine it gives, is amazing. So easy to put it on and take it back off.
Old 03-17-2007, 06:48 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

That's gonna be strictly an opinion question, ...
What's better? A red car or a black car?
Try'em. Either of'em. You'll see good results with both.
Old 03-17-2007, 08:14 PM
10 Second Club

there both good but i promise you tropicare is far easier to use
Old 03-17-2007, 09:18 PM
11 Second Club

Zaino IMO is kaka.
Old 03-17-2007, 09:53 PM
TECH Fanatic

I have been using Zaino since 1997 and nothing since. If tropicare wants to send me a free kit I would give it a shot but until then it's ALL Zaino for me
Old 03-17-2007, 10:20 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well, it's not FREE, but you can get a starter set of TropiCare for about 7 bucks right now. Mine arrived today and I'll be cleaning the daylights outta my car tomorrow and trying it

D
Old 03-17-2007, 11:40 PM
TECH Junkie

I'm going to give Tropi-Care a try in the next month or so. I've heard nothing but good things about their products. I like Zaino, but I'm always interested in trying something new.

Besides, I prefer to support sponsors (Tropi-Care is, Zaino isn't) whenever possible.

-Mike
Old 03-18-2007, 12:30 AM
TECH Addict

I haven't used Tropi-Care myself but I've used Zaino and have been very impressed. From the looks of it Tropi-Care seems to give the same results. I just wonder if it'll last as long as Zanio does.
Old 03-18-2007, 12:31 AM
TECH Fanatic

wat does FTW stand for?
Old 03-18-2007, 01:04 AM
On The Tree

Tropi-Care is top notch in my book.
Old 03-18-2007, 01:05 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by blk97z28
wat does FTW stand for?
for the win.

i like meguires gold class. the other stuff is just too expensive!
Old 03-18-2007, 10:52 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I use tropicare and get awsome results. very easy to apply and remove
Old 03-19-2007, 12:00 AM
TECH Addict

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I've tried both. Tropicare is much better. It has the same if not better results. Its way easier to use and faster, cheaper too.
Old 03-19-2007, 12:07 AM
TECH Addict

I just got the sample kit from them as well and i will be applying it very soon. I have heard nothing short of amazing comments about Tropi-Care so Im gonna have to go with them........
Old 03-19-2007, 09:08 AM
TECH Enthusiast

If TC is carnuba based..the answer to will it last as long is a simple NO.

I asked for reasons on why people should buy tropicare, got a generic...."try our products" first response. Sorry...that dont cut it for me.

When I was selling another line, I had a lot of people asking me why they should buy it over Zaino...I didnt ever claim it to be better but I loved it and had no reason to think otherwise. Then Sal Zaino sent me an email asking if I would be interested in a chat about products. Well after a very interesting and informative conversation, I had a full line of products on the way to my front door, FREE OF CHARGE, not samples...full bottles. Granted, this is not normal and not what is expected of any vendor, but simply stated was above and beyond the call of what was due to me.

He also gave me his cell # and told me to call him and ask him anything I wanted at any time and to call him when I got it to make sure i did it correctly. That is the main thing people do wrong..whether its Zaino or TC or whatever you want. You can only get the best results starting with the best base possible. Now, if the product you use has abrasives or harsh chemicals in it, the prep simply wont matter...cause generally they will contain abrasives as well and it will do the cleaning for you...but it will also wear down your clear coat over time and cause Millions of tiny scratches in your finish.

I have since been using Zaino....never tried TC. I have tried TONS of others...as a comparision. Nothing really comes close to me. For ease of use....I dont know what people are doing saying that Z is hard to use?? WTF? Is eating a bowl of ice cream hard for you too?? i dont get that at all.

Bug removal when washing, ease of dust removal with a duster/ microfiber towel, simple touchups...never have been easier for me. Its just been a simple thing, I try the others...see how they do. Some are impressive for a week or 2, but simply dont hold up, why....carnuba...it wont last...especially in the OK heat here in summer time. For me...Zaino is what works....but hey...I tell everyone that asks me....I give them my recommendation....and say, "use what makes YOU happy" forget what everyone else "thinks" is the best, Just use what you like and be happy with it and go on.

I am sure this post will get deleted or locked since I am not supporting TC...but the original topic asked the question which one? so this is my answer. and NO..I dont sell Zaino either.

Dave
Old 03-19-2007, 12:04 PM
TECH Fanatic

I want to try Zanio but have not yet. I like NXT looks really good and you can find it anywhere. And meguraurs been in buessins for ever and really good family based company owner.

I think using something better than .99 speical wax and taking your time is the most important. Think if how many people in this world never wax a car and wash it onlyl 1 every 6 months.

Good luck on everybody shines.
Old 03-20-2007, 09:27 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

I have vast experience and am the only common denominator of both in the world. I was a distributor for 5 years and developed a tremendous appetite for the detail product business as the result of my involvement.

Today we offer products to complete the entire detailing experience from Porter Cable buffer kits to microfibers, specialty detailing brushes and more. We send out thousand of samples every year for individual testing and evaluation. These samples will provide a general representation of product performance and may help to develop future interest in continued use.

As for the use of abrasives, we will promote the least aggressive treatment. Once treatment has been successfully attained, maintaining the finish at that level is the primary concern. The key here it's all about the process. Cutting corners or skipping steps, it really won't matter what your last product will be. You won't be satisfied with these results.

I believe continued surface maintenance is important. Everyone has their own level of enthusiasm for maintaining vehicle surfaces, interior or exterior. Enthusiasts or fanatics will apply their next surface treatment long before the previous application has dissipated. That's why we take such pride in our vehicles.

Dave, we appreciate your candid response. We don't expect to win over everyone with our approach. We will settle for one at a time. BTW, ask your ice cream question to someone who's lactose intolerant?
Old 03-20-2007, 09:35 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Well how bout send tropic care $5 and they will send you a sample. I sent $7 so i could get the swirl cutter, and i tried it out last nite to see what it would look like. Well i must say it worked pretty damn good!!! GOt all the Swirls out and everything but took 4EVER to do it by hand lol but that one spot looks badass.

I say give them a chance and go for it.