Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Have you used your Tropi-Care sampler kit?

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2007, 09:06 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Have you used your Tropi-Care sampler kit?

Now, all the product sampler requests have been mailed to their recipients. We want to hear your user experiences with the 2 ounce samples.

Feel free to ask us any questions about the products or instructions. Post up "before" and "after" pictures if you wish.
Old 03-29-2007, 09:07 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I don't even have one yet... i must have missed out on the request for samplers... make cody send me some
Old 03-29-2007, 11:09 AM
TECH Fanatic

Default My thoughts

I originally posted this in another thread, but I will add it again here..

first off .. I took before pictures, but due to a trip to the Emergency room with the wife, I was unable to get any after shots, but I wanted to post this anyway.

Originally, I planned on testing the following Tropi-care products that I rceived in my sample pack last week:

TC-6 Car Wash
TC-8 Swirl Cutter
TC-3 Polish/Sealant
TC-5 Detail Spray

I didn't use the car wash simply because I forgot, lol .. force of habit .. I got all set up to wash the car, and did my normal process using Meg's Gold Class Shampoo, and didn’t realize it until half way through, and didn't want to dump the buckets and start over.

I spent Friday detailing my Father in Law's 2005 Buick LeSabre with about 16k on the clock. The car was pretty dirty, and had never been waxed, but all in all not in that bad of shape .. my father in law doesn't wash it much, but it is garaged, only sees a hundred miles or so a week, so it doesn't live a bad life. No major paint defects, just some light swirling from the tunnel wash he uses.

TC-8 Swirl Cutter:

directions say this product can be applied by hand or machine. I used my pc.

Very nice smell to this product. applies easily, and a little goes a long way. My sample bottle had 2 ounces in it, and I did the whole car, and still have a about 2/3 an ounce left.

Product had a little bit of sling to it, but nothing that troubled me. Created a little more dust than I expected, but nothing major. I used a Meg's 8006 pad, and the PC set on 5. It did a very nice job of removing the majority of the defects on the first pass. I would say it has slightly less cut than Meg's #80, as I had one trouble spot that it couldn't handle in two passes, and the #80 knocked it out first pass. I also played with it on a single spot on my truck, and it did a very nice job on the F-150 Screw. I was pleased with the results on the car, and was extremely impressed with the results on the Truck.

TC-3 Polish/Sealant

Directions say this product can be applied by hand or machine. I chose both. I did the trunk by hand, using a Meguiar's Microfiber Even Coat Applicator. I applied a very thin coat, and the application was smooth and easy. I applied it to the rest of the car using a Meg's 9006 pad and the PC set on 3.

Absolutely no sling with this product, and it applied evenly, and very thinly.

Directions say to allow about thirty minutes for curing. I did, but the product was dry, and ready for removal in less than 15 minutes. It removed effortlessly using a microfiber towel. The resulting finish is smooth as glass, and has a very nice pop on the gold metallic paint. I was very pleased with what I saw.

I was pleasantly surprised with this product. I was expecting it to have the typical saran wrap look that most sealants do, yet it seems to have a more subtle finish, with a little more depth than some of the other sealants that I have used.

TC-5 Detail Spray

I used this on the hood after I was done removing the TC-3 .. it seemed to add a little bit of additional shine to the finish. The smell on this product is very strong, almost a perfume, hair spray type smell. It was over powering to me in my garage, and for that reason, I doubt I will use it again. It worked very well, but the smell bothered me.

It is hard to get a feel for a product with a single use, but based on what I saw with the TC-8 and the TC-3, I will be adding both to my arsenal (ordered some yesterday), and will continue to experiment on additional cars.

I will be interested to see how durable the TC-3 is, and my FIL's car will be a good platform for that, as it will probably not be washed again until they visit in the middle of the summer. I will take some pics and document the status at that time.

Tropi-care says the TC-3 can be topped with a carnauba. I am giving some serious thought to trying that with my truck hood, just to see what it looks like.

I am doing a C5 Easter weekend, and I will be giving the Tc-3 and TC-8 another spin. I will make sure I fully document that one with the camera.

So far, I am very pleased with what I have seen.
Old 03-29-2007, 03:31 PM
TECH Fanatic

I'm gonna try mine this weekend, if the rain stays away. I'll take the before and after pics and post 'em when I do.
Old 03-29-2007, 03:58 PM
On The Tree

Initial response.........

Alot of what Gipraw says I can contest to. I am also a long time Zaino user so most of my expectations compare to that. I clay bar-ed my car to start off COMPLETELY!

The TC-8 swirl cutter did an ok job. I'm comparing this to Zainos Z-5. Honestly, I'll say they are both quality wise about the same. Don't expect either to completely fill out every little scratch for a daily driver, but it will fill out those light scratches better than those "regular cheapo scatch fixers." Heck, since these products are put on first, both give the car the biggest pop between steps and give your car that shine that most people say is ultimately what you pay for. The Tropi-Care swirl cutter was a bit thicker IMO though, and was a bit more tedious of a job to get off and more time to cure compared to Zainos. I guess my arm hurt a little more But the end result I think is that both the swirl cutter and Z-5 give you the same quality. One costs a little more, but its application is a BIT easier. It could go either way, but for the money, I personally will give the swirl cutter as my preference. Oh yeah, and both smell really great too! (Zaino- like candy... Tropi-Care like exotic pineapply type smell )

The TC-3 sealant polish is great! You can read what Gipraw wrote. He pretty much had no complaints and neither do I. Its has a matching smell and seems like go out really light but does give it a little more luster to it. I didn't use very much of it (say half my 2ounces) and it cure quick and came off easy. While rubbing it in a bit I could really start to feel that smooth glass-like feel. I used the included blue foamish applicator. I was a bit worried cause only microfiber had touch my car in the past, but it went on smooth and nice. As for comparision to Zaino, I'm going to say that I think its very comparible. I do remember my very first Zaino application and man it was pure glass! But my car was realistically brand new back then. My car is a daily driver in the summer months, its seen a little wear. I'm going to say that Zaino probably has a BIT more pop still. But I SERIOUSLY don't think its enough to warrant a huge difference unless your taking your ride to shows. Far and away, these two polishes are way ahead of the turtle wax, mothers...etc. (though I've heard NXT is the best of the over-the-counter waxes? haven't tried it yet). Again, its a money factor for me, but I will probably go with Tropi-Care on the regular, and definately keep my extra Zaino around for when I really need that extra bling. Please note here though that I cannot yet compare the durability of the two. Zaino did an excellent job of keeping it's shine. I really do feel though that this sealant from Tropi-Care is solid. That does not mean, however, it will stay on as long. For the money though, if Tropi-Care can still give me a decent gloss after 1 1/2 months (as compared to probably 2 months with Zaino) better than those over the counter waxes with regular (weekly) washes, I'll have to give the DEFINATE edge to Tropi-Care because its ease, and its cost.

Detailing Sprays - Gipraw doesn't like using this, but I do. I put on a layer between the tc-8 and tc-3 and did it when I finished with tc-3. The smell is different from the other, as it kinda smells kinda alcoholish (I'm not saying rubbing alcohol is in it! just the smell). Thats why he'd probably say perfume ish. I really see this as something I HOPE will help my swirl cutter and polish stay on longer to "bond" but again, I can't tell yet. But when I was all done, I took both this and Zaino Z-6 detailing spray right on the middle of the hood. Z-6 is almost like a gel, much thicker. Tropi-Care is more like a mineral enduced water. But both go out lightly. My car was already nice and shiny so it was REALLY hard to compare (plus Zaino "supposedly" works better with its own products?). Again, it seemed really to be similar. I'd say both enhance it very very slightly. For me though, I use it between waxes, and really for those touch ups between washes. IE I keep it in my car on the road. Bottom line for this, I feel a little better about Zaino because when your car is a little dirty and you can see the dust, spraying a very fluid product, it will run down your car and spread. The Zaino is more of a gel and I feel when putting it on it keeps the dust to be swiped off and works more with the wax. I feel perhaps that the more watery is just a wipe off product. I don't feel like it will hurt your car with Tropi-Care, I just feel better that Zaino works with it wax a little better. Tropi-Cares little bottle though is much better than that honking bottle Zaino gives you if you put it in your car I will give my approval to Zaino for this.

I didn't use the car wash. It smells really nice though. I will use it, but I really feel that if you are doing a regular maintanence job, this is just the thing that keeps it fresh between jobs. Honestly, I bet as long as your not using anything that will "hurt" the wax job anything will be fine. Its about using the corresponding product that will prolong the wax job. So even if I did use it, I'd need time to compare it to Zaino's wash.

Conclusion: Damn this is long! But I'm really pleased with Tropi-Care! Again, I wonder if it will stay on as long as Zaino, but initial impressions are that they are similar, which is surprising considering the price difference. I'm going to give it a few washes before making a final decision, but I will say that Tropi-Care appears to be in the same class as Zaino. If you've never used Zaino or Tropi-Care before....you will be shocked at either one! If you've used Zaino, you might be comparing two very similar products, some aspects you'll like, and some you won't, but to me, for the price...I suggest you give it a try!
Old 03-29-2007, 04:04 PM
12 Second Club

REALLY happy with the results. Here's my post :

https://ls1tech.com/forums/appearance-detailing/682018-some-better-tropi-care-buffer-detail-pics.html

Cheers !
Rob (Bad30th)
Old 03-29-2007, 04:26 PM
On The Tree

Old 03-29-2007, 08:07 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Excellent reviews. We look forward to additional responses.

Here a couple of hints to achieve optimum results of the samples:

Regarding the Swirl Cutter, it can be used by hand but it may be time consuming and little visible results will be seen. For machine users, set your PC equipped with a lightly moistened orange foam buffing pad at speed 4-5 and move across the surface at the rate of 1"/second. You'll see those fine scratches be removed not filled in as it is a true micro-abrasive (cutting ability 4.0-4.5 out of 10). It is designed to remove ultra fine scratches and holograms to 2500 grit.

As you're going to notice during time lapsed observation of the TC-3 protected surface, this product may act differently compared to what you used to seeing. When it rains on the surface, the water will bead. However, as you wash the surface with your wash mitt, you may notice the surface to do a combination of sheeting and beading when you rinse the surface. This is normal tendency of the sealant characteristics of the TC-3 and sets it apart from other products.

When I am using the TC-5 detail spray, I will spray it on my microfiber detail towel and lightly wipe across the surface collecting light dust, dirt and fingerprints. Flipping the towel over to a clean dry side to buff or using a second detail towel accelerates the finishing process. This allows more control (especially if it dries on the surface before wipe off) and will limit product waste due to spray drift. If I'm unsure about the volume of dust (not dirt) on the surface, I will just thoroughly rinse off the entire vehicle, lightly pat dry, and then follow up with the detail spray.

The TC-6 Car Wash makes up the third side of the maintenance triangle in our system. A pH Balanced concentrate that provides effective surface cleaning with abundant soap suds without stripping sealant protection. After rinsing, it leaves no dulling haze.

Feel free to contact us anytime with your questions.
Old 03-29-2007, 08:30 PM
ggk
Launching!

i got my sample. looks good!
i wanna use it tomorrow ill try to get some pics of my formy.(before and after)
do you know a pad that i would be able to pick up at auto zone or someplace that would work good for the sealant application?
i wanted to pick up a pad from u guys but i didnt get a chance to before cause i needed it for tomorrow>

(man it sucks i flipped the lid open on the sealant and it like exploded all over my shirt
Old 03-29-2007, 09:01 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by ggk
(man it sucks i flipped the lid open on the sealant and it like exploded all over my shirt
hahaha i did that so many times. my grey tee is a couple different colors now cause i did it on the swirl one to.

only down fall i found was the damn smell of the detail spray. it smells okay but WAY to strong. 1. i was working in a garage but 2. i had the door open so there was some movement. needs to be knocked down a few levels on that smell. but that car wash, omg im surpised i havent passed out from inhaling the smell its amazing.
Old 03-29-2007, 09:25 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I smelled the sealant and it exploded as well
Old 03-29-2007, 10:52 PM
TECH Fanatic

Still waiting on mine.
Old 03-29-2007, 11:09 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I read that someone opened the top and it exploded, so I was very careful and everything, and boom, got it in my eye and everywhere. Grr.
Old 03-29-2007, 11:53 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by cooltc2004
I read that someone opened the top and it exploded, so I was very careful and everything, and boom, got it in my eye and everywhere. Grr.

haha i put the pad over the lid before i open it and go slow now
Old 03-30-2007, 12:00 AM
On The Tree

lol, tc-3 exploded on me too! I didn't shake the swirl cutter that much, so I MADE SURE I did a better job with the polish. It showed when I opened it.....still on my shirt to prove it too!
Old 04-02-2007, 08:07 PM
On The Tree

Just thought I'd come back and post some pics. This is with the swirl cutter and polish, and I went ahead and gave it a wash a few days later. Overall still holding out, its been I think 5 days. Looking good for a daily summer driver. I like whoring out the ride.

Pic 1 Side view

Pic 2 Me standing about 4 feet away

Pic 3 See the reflection? Its an entrance to a building 20 feet away!

Pic 4 Yes, there are some rock chips, but nobody else dares to put close up pics of a highly beat up area. Its nice and shiny here too!

Pic 5 That flag pole was about 10 ft, but obviously further as it rises up and you can still see a good reflection. Like glass!

Old 04-02-2007, 08:58 PM
TECH Fanatic

What is the shelve life of these products?
Old 04-03-2007, 07:44 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I'm waiting for a nice day. To bad it suppose to snow 5 inches today/tomorrow and MNDOT is going to salt the **** out of the roads again.

I'll post before/after pics once I am able to do it.

You guys should sell air fresheners that smell like your products.

I'm curious to see how long the shine and protection last.

Last edited by -Freak-; 04-03-2007 at 07:51 AM.

Quick Reply: Have you used your Tropi-Care sampler kit?