Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

How to get rid of spots left from bird droppings???

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2007, 12:52 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How to get rid of spots left from bird droppings???

Well I just got my car back from the dealership where my car was painted. So when I took my car home, the next morning my car was bombarded with bird droppings all over my hood, I didnt have time to clean it right then till night, and when I washed it left spots where the droppings where once there, I also try detailer and its still there. Any idea how to get rid of the spots, keep in mind that my car is black.
Old 04-29-2007, 01:03 AM
On The Tree

If your car was just painted and you didnt clean it...well...
Old 04-29-2007, 01:06 AM
Launching!

uh oh. On new paint, you might be in trouble. I would try a brand spanking new outta the wrapper clay bar.
Old 04-29-2007, 09:11 AM
TECH Regular

actually I dont think the hood was painted, only bumper and fenders, but the paint in the hood is still only 5 months, so yall think claybar should do it.
Old 04-29-2007, 10:02 AM
TECH Fanatic

For future reference, I'd keep a bottle of Quick Detailer and a rag in the car at ALL times. As soon as you see birdshit on your car, get it off! Whatever you might be late for… just be late. It's worth taking the time, especially if you live in a hot climate with a black car. Trust me, I speak from experience. If you allow the painted surfaces to heat up with the droppings on them, your paint will be etched. And, black cars are the worst for this because they get even hotter. Black holds heat instead of reflecting it. Even if you only have time to give the a quick blast with a water hose, it's better than the alternative. I was never able to remove the markings on my black Camaro completely, even after using abrasive compounds they were still visible. One of the best things I've used on bird droppings and bug splats (which can be just as damaging) is Turtle Wax Bug & Tar… in the blue and white can. But, depending on your damage, you might have to get more aggressive than that. Good Luck.
Old 04-29-2007, 08:41 PM
TECH Regular

yeah I used the quick detailer and wouldnt come off, so bug and tar bottle by turtle way better than clay bar
Old 04-30-2007, 10:20 AM
12 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

clay bar, polish and wax, that's my first suggestion...

second suggestion: shoot the birds, any and all of them that you see...

birds seem to sense death around my place and i have no issues with bird **** on my car...
Old 05-04-2007, 12:05 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I had that happen on my front facscia by a Goose from high above....left a 50 cent piece mark and can't get it out......all in a matter of less than 8 hours.

Quick Reply: How to get rid of spots left from bird droppings???