Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

ok who has clear running/bumper ......

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2007, 11:45 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default ok who has clear running/bumper ......

ok who has bought clear running / bumper lights for the front of their camaro that have not fogged up? The reason im asking is i bought a set off ebay and resealed them myself and they still fog up??? So im going to try again and seal them one more time but if that dont work im going ot just buy another set and i was curious if anybody bought a set and havent had the fogging up problem on there camaro and where did you get them from .......thanks to all for any future info....
Old 05-06-2007, 12:06 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ebay and they have never given me a problem try ace motorsports
Old 05-06-2007, 12:17 AM
TECH Fanatic

hey would happen to have a link to them on ebay would you just wanna be sure on the right ones ...pm me if you do i really appreciate it alot
Old 05-06-2007, 07:38 AM
TECH Resident

You see what I did was run a bead of silicone glue on the cracks on the outside prior to installing them. (This was found during searching) and I have not had a problem at all with fogging up. Another idea I read while searching was to put a small hole on the lowest point for water to drain out.
Old 05-06-2007, 04:17 PM
TECH Enthusiast

i have some off ebay one pair and sealed them up. first time i washed it the yfogged up. but after that they did not.also i done spray the water directly at them when i was the car. i run the sponge with soap across the clear corner and let the water run down the hood and let it clean the lenses like that hope this helps
Old 05-06-2007, 08:24 PM
Staging Lane

No issues here. I've had them on the car for 2-3 years now. They were a gift, but I think they came from E-bay.
Old 05-06-2007, 11:42 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by CashMoney
You see what I did was run a bead of silicone glue on the cracks on the outside prior to installing them. (This was found during searching) and I have not had a problem at all with fogging up. Another idea I read while searching was to put a small hole on the lowest point for water to drain out.

Yea i did both those tactics and they still fogged up! So im going to try and seal them one more itme if that dont work im taking them off and buying me a new pair lol ...damn fogging clears
Old 05-06-2007, 11:47 PM
TECH Regular

I got mine of EBAY for about $10 two years ago. Put marine sealant on them and they have never fogged up.
Old 05-07-2007, 09:09 AM
pjb
TECH Resident

I have headlights and clear corners from procarparts and have not had any issues at all.
Old 05-07-2007, 10:55 AM
TECH Fanatic

I got mine off ebay a week or so ago and i've already driven through 3 thunderstorms and not had a problem. ebay #170101601350
That's the set I bought but at least it gives you an idea of who sells them
Old 05-08-2007, 04:58 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Ebay as well. Have had them for 2 years, never sealed them, no leakage or fogging issues. I believe seller is Sabersports.
Old 05-08-2007, 07:04 AM
TECH Apprentice

use the old rubber seals from the stock yellow corners.

when i bought my first set of clears, i didnt use them because it felt like it was too hard to put the light. was afraid i'd break the light socket. needless to say, they fogged within 3 days.

dealt with the fogging for a while, then finally bought a new set, forced the old rubber seals that came on the yellow corners onto the new set of clears, and absolutely no sign of even thinking of fogging.
Old 05-09-2007, 12:14 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by camaroguy_02
use the old rubber seals from the stock yellow corners.

when i bought my first set of clears, i didnt use them because it felt like it was too hard to put the light. was afraid i'd break the light socket. needless to say, they fogged within 3 days.

dealt with the fogging for a while, then finally bought a new set, forced the old rubber seals that came on the yellow corners onto the new set of clears, and absolutely no sign of even thinking of fogging.

I'm going to check this out it might be the problem if not im buying new ones lol ..anyhow thanks guy's I appreciate all the feedback/ info on this thread