Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Hockey Stripes and badges

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2007, 11:16 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hockey Stripes and badges

Looking for some advise and maybe some pictures of what you all have done and has turned out nice. Im looking to get some of the full length black hockey stripes, but im not sure what to have the break say. I have LS1 in my licence plate already, and I still have the SS badges on the car. So im just looking for opinions on what you guys think looks the best maybe some pics will help. Im thinking just removing the badging and putting SS in the sticker, or maybe there are some other badges that I could put on that would work well with SS in the sticker.

Old 05-24-2007, 11:43 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey man I think your car looks good as it is and doesnt need the hockey strips. The only appearance mod id do on your white SS is maybe a charcoal grey or black manta stripe on the SS hood scoop. Other than that id save for some nice charcoal grey 18 inch TT wheels or black TTs with a polished lip.
Old 05-24-2007, 11:49 AM
TECH Apprentice

This pic is a little out of date. I have done clear corners and side markers. I did the mod to the headlights, however i painted mine white. I do have a set of 10 spoke rims that i have painted gunmetal at the moments, and was thinking of going black. But I hear what your saying with the scoop stripe. I have debaited on which one to go with, I think both is a little much for me, and I am not sure which stripe i would like better. Ill have to hunt some more photos down of the scoop stripe. Thanks for the input
Old 05-24-2007, 12:25 PM
On The Tree

I did the long hockey puck stripes and put the 346 in the space. I also had some 35th Anniversary decals made up. If you have the time do a member search for the same screen name on Z28.com and see my sig picture.
Old 05-24-2007, 01:53 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I hear what your saying about the hockey stripes and the manta stripe. I just think you car looks extremely clean the way it is, especially if you have the clear corners and amrkers and the white painted side mirrors. Here is a link of a red car with the black manta stripe. I think your car would look awesome with it in black with black wheels with a polished lip, such as the torque thrusts in 18x9.5, or with it in a gunmetal color and gunmetal torque thrusts or the gunmetal 10 spokes.

https://ls1tech.com/forums/showthrea...ight=manta+pic
Old 05-24-2007, 02:59 PM
TECH Apprentice

Well im trying to find where to buy this kit from and what all it includes and I stumbled across a rear section they sell with this too. Over at thirdgen decals, but im not sure if they make the full manta anymore, looks like they might just make one that wraps around.
Old 05-24-2007, 03:04 PM
On The Tree

i would keep it the way it is now. you have a really clean car.
Old 05-24-2007, 03:07 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I 2nd that. Very nice clean car. Even though I have hockey stripes and '64
Impala SS emblems w/o the deer.
Old 05-24-2007, 03:08 PM
TECH Resident

anyone ever thought about stripes over the side light hood area that raised and goes back to the windshield? Shrusg and how it fantails off to the side sorta you could put a side strip along the door and quarter panel maybe.. shrugs..

maybe ive never seen one cause it might be hella ugly hehe
Old 05-24-2007, 03:13 PM
TECH Resident

well I just tried to make them uing paint.. and well i take back what i said haha it would be horrid
Old 05-24-2007, 03:35 PM
Launching!

have you thought about the whisper or whistler mod? i forget what its called, one of those. its where you paint your headlights. you should do it in black. that would be sex-e. also, if it were my car, id get rid of that side molding, throw on a black manta stripe, and get a black mesh grill. and o yeah, a satin black gerger panel.
Old 05-24-2007, 04:04 PM
TECH Apprentice

well i did the whister mod, but to be different than everyone else i painted the headlight white instead of black. It just kinda blends the headlight with the body better instead of making it stand out. Ill try and post up some new pics tonight so you guys can see what it looks like now.

Quick Reply: Hockey Stripes and badges