Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

for those of you that wash your engine compartment

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2007, 08:37 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default for those of you that wash your engine compartment

be careful......

https://ls1tech.com/forums/general-maintenance-repairs/735155-bcm-issues-after-washing-engine-compartment-security-light.html

like I stated in that thread, it was the first time I used a leaf blower to dry things off and I am thinking I got too close to some connectors (assuming there are some BCM connectors in the engine compartment) and forced some water into the connectors.
Old 06-20-2007, 09:35 AM
Kleeborp the Moderator™

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hmmmmmm...never had a problem with mine, but I guess the only thing I do different is I just run the engine to dry everything off (after getting most of it with a towel).
Old 06-20-2007, 10:52 AM
TECH Addict

Sorry to hear that.

I've washed all my other engine bays but for some reason I'm afriad to do it with this one. I've never had any problems come up so I really don't know why I'm afriad. I clean the entire engine bay by hand now.
Old 06-20-2007, 04:16 PM
Banned

Hell , that LS1 engine is so fugly any how theres not a whole lot we can do to pretty up that industrial looking hunk of aluminum . General Motors tried to hide that ugly ****** with some plastic covers but even though it runs like a bitch , you can't polish a turd ! I hope GM has the sense to at least polish or chrome plate the new Camaro engine & compartment . I really don't like to raise the hood on that mother .
Old 06-20-2007, 05:43 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Z ROADSTER
Hell , that LS1 engine is so fugly any how theres not a whole lot we can do to pretty up that industrial looking hunk of aluminum . General Motors tried to hide that ugly ****** with some plastic covers but even though it runs like a bitch , you can't polish a turd ! I hope GM has the sense to at least polish or chrome plate the new Camaro engine & compartment . I really don't like to raise the hood on that mother .
if you want a pretty engine buy a lexus, they put a nice big covers over the whole thing
Old 06-20-2007, 11:32 PM
Launching!

easy killer....

I've always thought LS1's were kinda cool lookin personally....Especially if you move the coils somewhere else.
Old 07-17-2007, 11:43 AM
Staging Lane

I wash mine by hand but it would be so much easier if I just go to the car wash but I dont want to take a chance.
Old 07-17-2007, 12:13 PM
TECH Fanatic

good info...I was about to wash mine this weekend but never mind.
Old 07-17-2007, 12:34 PM
TECH Regular

I just use engine cleaner focused on the block, and then use a spray bottle with water to rinse it. The rest is cleaned by hand with appropriate cleaners.
Old 07-17-2007, 12:36 PM
TECH Fanatic

I've washed my engine bay a few times with no issues. I just don't go crazy with the water and I dry it off using a air hose.
Old 07-17-2007, 12:59 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

wow i always thought the LT1 was uglier
Old 07-17-2007, 01:02 PM
TECH Fanatic

The engine bay can be made to look good, you just have to want to make it look good...

Case and Point....

Old 07-17-2007, 01:39 PM
Scammer Alert!

i must say that picture is bad ***
Old 07-17-2007, 03:02 PM
bsf
TECH Resident

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by travisnd
The engine bay can be made to look good, you just have to want to make it look good...
The aspect of your engine bay I would most like to replicate is painting everything between the front cross bar and the bumper cover.
Old 07-17-2007, 03:18 PM
TECH Fanatic

Thanks,
It was alot of stuff painted...I had it done professionally so that it would be done right from the start...

Here's some of the stuff...

Quick Reply: for those of you that wash your engine compartment