Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

New pics!! Want advice from photo people!

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2007, 09:59 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default New pics!! Want advice from photo people!

So I went out today for a little drive and I decided to take some pics to try and get some practice. The photo's were taken on a cheaper digital camera. I want to get a new one soon because I like taking pictures but still have a lot to learn. Let me know what you think and feel free to give advice.

Old 07-14-2007, 11:43 PM
TECH Resident

Nice *** car, in a bunch of the pics youve got your wheel turned the wrong direction.
Old 07-14-2007, 11:47 PM
12 Second Club

Thanks for the compliments. I was running around trying to get as many taken as possible before it got to dark out. I just pulled into a empty parking lot and started taking pictures. Never thought about turning the tires. I will keep that in mind!
Old 07-14-2007, 11:54 PM
Sold The Fun Stuff :(

OK, you're going to get some tough love from me here. Every picture with the tire tread facing the camera and not the wheel sucks because of that exact reason. Never, ever, ever does that ever look good unless your car is sideways with a trail of smoke behind it and you're countersteering to the max to keep the car under control... and even then the picture should still be shot from the other side. So I'm not even going to comment on those pictures.

The others are good angles, but the composition and setting are off. Google "Rule of Thirds" to get some examples of how to make your composition more solid, and dont take pictures in a parking lot. Find an actual setting or a brick wall to shoot against.

Lastly, here is a wealth of good info if you're serious about stepping up your pictures and its a good beginners guide to better pictures: https://ls1tech.com/forums/appearance-detailing/702260-article-good-pictures-technique-equipment-etc.html
Old 07-14-2007, 11:55 PM
TECH Fanatic

Is that car in Dayton, Ohio? Or did you buy it from a guy in Dayton, Ohio?

Looks just like this one guys ride that he sold. I've seen it in person and it looks great if that's the same car.
Old 07-15-2007, 12:00 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by josh99ta
OK, you're going to get some tough love from me here. Every picture with the tire tread facing the camera and not the wheel sucks because of that exact reason. Never, ever, ever does that ever look good unless your car is sideways with a trail of smoke behind it and you're countersteering to the max to keep the car under control... and even then the picture should still be shot from the other side. So I'm not even going to comment on those pictures.

The others are good angles, but the composition and setting are off. Google "Rule of Thirds" to get some examples of how to make your composition more solid, and dont take pictures in a parking lot. Find an actual setting or a brick wall to shoot against.

Lastly, here is a wealth of good info if you're serious about stepping up your pictures and its a good beginners guide to better pictures: https://ls1tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=702260

Thanks for the info. That's exactly what I am looking for. I appreciate the adivce.
Old 07-15-2007, 12:02 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by Louie83
Is that car in Dayton, Ohio? Or did you buy it from a guy in Dayton, Ohio?

Looks just like this one guys ride that he sold. I've seen it in person and it looks great if that's the same car.
Yes it is the same car. I bought it from a guy named Mike. Now it's in WI.
Old 07-15-2007, 09:39 AM
Sold The Fun Stuff :(

No problem man. I love seeing good pictures. Thats a great looking car and you've got the angles down perfectly. Just a few small tweaks and you'll have some great pictures.
Old 07-15-2007, 11:55 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

some of the picture you had the car cut off, not like bad *** cutoffs, just like missing the nose of the car and alot of empty space
Old 07-15-2007, 12:29 PM
TECH Fanatic

2nd pic you cut off the rear or the car, Wheel needs to be facing the camera as its much prettier to look at then a tire. A couple of he pics look a tad blurry, so maybe a tri-pod with a 5 second timer would help out as well. Other then that, I like them
Old 07-15-2007, 01:44 PM
TECH Addict

Thumbs up

I think the pics look good.
Your car looks AWESOME with those wheels.