Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

Project "ObseSSed"

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2007, 03:49 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Oh yeah, have you considered writing up a "air ride for begginners" thread? No one here seems to know much at all about the parts needed or how all this air ride stuff works. I think I may write one up, but I'm far from experienced.
Old 11-13-2007, 07:40 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JasonWW
Are you driving it yet Kenny?

Got a question for you. Why didn't you use a sleeved bag in the back? They are supposed to ride softer which I thought these cars need.

BTW, I know your probably done with your rear axle, but I plan to use a Ford Thunderbird IRS in my car. You don't have to mod the trans tunnel or the gas tank to fit it. It's also easy to narrow and not that hard to fit (from all my measuring). Just thought I'd put that out there.
not driving it yet still dont have the motor in it

i was the sleeve bag would ride a lil better
they would have been a lil tall
and the rear end move forward and back a little as the car raise up and down

i have a complete C4 rear end if u would like it
Old 11-13-2007, 07:50 AM
TECH Senior Member

I have no interest whatsoever in a C4 rear end. Thanks though.

The pics from above looks like you drove to a show or something so I wasn't sure if you put the engine in it yet.

So the sleeve bag was just too tall for your car?
How would you compare the ride between the sleeve and the double folded type? Just a small difference?
Old 11-13-2007, 08:58 AM
TECH Fanatic

i put the car in my enclosed trail with the winch

different brand bags ride better than others i had a firerstone bag at 1st in the rear and it was bouncy car is 2 light in the rear so i put a different bag in it and was alot better

what ever rear end u use keep the bag as fare out as you can it will make the car more stable
Old 11-13-2007, 05:27 PM
Launching!

Oh yeah, have you considered writing up a "air ride for begginners" thread? No one here seems to know much at all about the parts needed or how all this air ride stuff works. I think I may write one up, but I'm far from experienced.

There may be a reason for that. How does air ride affect launch, track times, weight, budget...etc? Basically besides feeling good what is the performance gain?
Old 11-13-2007, 09:41 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by ZetaVeinteOcho
There may be a reason for that. How does air ride affect launch, track times, weight, budget...etc? Basically besides feeling good what is the performance gain?
That all sounds like drag racing stuff and this is not the drag racing section. This is about the ONLY way you can have an adjustable ride height. The only other choice is hydraulics and it's way more complicated and expensive.

I would not expect to see a performance gain from anything in the Appearance and Detailing section.
Old 11-14-2007, 02:30 AM
Launching!

That all sounds like drag racing stuff and this is not the drag racing section. This is about the ONLY way you can have an adjustable ride height. The only other choice is hydraulics and it's way more complicated and expensive.

I would not expect to see a performance gain from anything in the Appearance and Detailing section.

You make it sound as though the drag/performance sections and the appearance section are 2 completely different groups of people that can not cross.....Lets face it, the vast majority of people in this forum are performance freaks. Like myself. And what is it that they are improving the appearance of??? What is it these people are detailing? Their Performance oriented cars. Hence something that hinders that performance will not win or go over well with the vast majority of people here, regardless in what section its posted in.

Which raises the question, why hurt the performance on an Fbody (which in some way I suspect it does) by putting air/hydrolic or whatever , suspension system on it? Actually why put anything that hurts performance on any performance oriented car? That makes about as much sense as rubbing your a$$ and nuts in honey and then jumping into the bear exibit at the zoo. But hey it's a free country...
Old 11-14-2007, 10:19 AM
TECH Senior Member

You make it sound as though the drag/performance sections and the appearance section are 2 completely different groups of people that can not cross.....Lets face it, the vast majority of people in this forum are performance freaks. Like myself. And what is it that they are improving the appearance of??? What is it these people are detailing? Their Performance oriented cars. Hence something that hinders that performance will not win or go over well with the vast majority of people here, regardless in what section its posted in.

Which raises the question, why hurt the performance on an Fbody (which in some way I suspect it does) by putting air/hydrolic or whatever , suspension system on it? Actually why put anything that hurts performance on any performance oriented car? That makes about as much sense as rubbing your a$$ and nuts in honey and then jumping into the bear exibit at the zoo. But hey it's a free country...
I disagree with you on just about all your above opinions.
Old 11-14-2007, 10:33 AM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

looks badass, its the first camaro with a kit that looks right
I just hope you dont plan on taking it to the track since your shaved the handles it most likely wont pass tech (safety issue)
also have you considered going with a CME?
Old 11-14-2007, 05:02 PM
On The Tree

dont like it looks better on trucks not sports cars
Old 11-14-2007, 08:00 PM
Launching!

I disagree with you on just about all your above opinions.

You can and did, but your opinion about my opinions is the minority on this site. For every 1 person that does this mod I can easily show you 10+ that won't. Actually to make my "opinionated" statements into fact, all I need is to show you is 2 that won't do it to your 1 that will. And you don't think those minimal odds exist here? Facts are not argueable nor can they be disputed because in the end your still left with the same truth. Aside from the "zoo" comment, point out what is opinion from fact in my comments. Better yet just poll it.

Would you place a mod on your car that would significantly hinder performance, such as HP, TQ, handling ...etc.... yes no ? and you'll get your "opinions".

Last edited by ZetaVeinteOcho; 11-14-2007 at 08:26 PM.
Old 11-14-2007, 09:15 PM
Banned Village Idiot

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Obiviously you haven't been around some "Vatos" and their lowriders. Which is basically what that is minus the picture of the virgin mary sprayed on your hood, some dice and your name in old english letters on the back windshield.

All joking aside, being in Texas that type of "style" is very popular across the border states. Alot of times you see them even without wanting to. I have seen many car and trucks like the ones you have posted on your page. Pretty much all are LoLo's and have alot of money (drug money of course) put into them. When you see the people who own these cars and those who like to see them, hang around with them..whatever.....they are all very mucho ghetto....hence my comment.
: **** that fool... that Camaro looks bad ***!!! some of these dumbasses don't know... that when the car is at stock height it drives just like a good o camaro, it can go as fast as any other camaro, maybe even faster than some of these fools with that set up your gonna put on!! the Camaro looks bad *** bro!!! after your done with it post some pix!!!!
Old 11-14-2007, 09:57 PM
TECH Fanatic

You can and did, but your opinion about my opinions is the minority on this site. For every 1 person that does this mod I can easily show you 10+ that won't. Actually to make my "opinionated" statements into fact, all I need is to show you is 2 that won't do it to your 1 that will. And you don't think those minimal odds exist here? Facts are not argueable nor can they be disputed because in the end your still left with the same truth. Aside from the "zoo" comment, point out what is opinion from fact in my comments. Better yet just poll it.

Would you place a mod on your car that would significantly hinder performance, such as HP, TQ, handling ...etc.... yes no ? and you'll get your "opinions".

i dont care if no body else would do THIS MOD i did it for me

like i sad time and time B4 i build cars 4 me and me alone

if u like it cool
if u dont good move on
Old 11-14-2007, 10:34 PM
TECH Junkie

i wouldnt do it to my car but i think its cool, good job cant wait to see it done dont worry about the haters man there just pissy because they have no creativity

Last edited by 02gtp4now; 11-14-2007 at 10:39 PM.
Old 11-14-2007, 11:02 PM
TECH Senior Member

I'm not going to argue with you. It's not worth my time typing all that stuff, much less starting a poll. Jesus, just tell the guy he did a hell of a job and move on.
Old 11-15-2007, 12:29 AM
TECH Fanatic

please dont waste a bad *** ls1 engine by puting it into this thing... what the heck are you thinking anyways? so much money... these are muscle cars for the record.
Old 11-15-2007, 02:13 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by 01CaMMMaro
please dont waste a bad *** ls1 engine by puting it into this thing... what the heck are you thinking anyways? these are muscle cars for the record.
So your saying the bad *** ls1 engine does not belong in muscle cars?
How would you feel if someone said 17" rims and dual exhaust tips are for V8 cars only, not wimpy V6's? Those parts should not be wasted on a V6.

First of all it's just an opinion, but it's also a hateful opinion. If you like those things, then that's all that matters. There's no need to go around spreading hate.
Old 11-15-2007, 07:34 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 01CaMMMaro
please dont waste a bad *** ls1 engine by puting it into this thing... what the heck are you thinking anyways? so much money... these are muscle cars for the record.
im thinking it going 2 be a bad *** camaro when done that should run maybe low 12's
Old 11-15-2007, 08:40 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by LS1BLKSS
: **** that fool... that Camaro looks bad ***!!! some of these dumbasses don't know... that when the car is at stock height it drives just like a good o camaro, it can go as fast as any other camaro, maybe even faster than some of these fools with that set up your gonna put on!!
Well, I guess I must be both a fool and a dumbass, because all this time I never knew that slamming down a car added rwhp! I thought it affected stuff like handling, traction and what not. You live in SoCal, so did the vato, virgin mary thing hit home ...thats why you got upset? Sowwy Mr. I never make it a point to make people upset, especially those who write: "Lets RACE!!!! I BET I CAN SMOKE YOU!!"

Male
21 years old"
on their myspace site. and you call us the dumbasses. That must be one fast mildly moddifed camaro you got there!

I'm not going to argue with you.
I know, I already said that
Old 11-16-2007, 01:23 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 8 Likes on 2 Posts

Like I said before the car can look nice and wouldnt mind giving you some suggestions. Its your car and you can do anything you want to it. I just think that it would look much better without the ground effects, 20' rims and smoked tail lights. I understand its a show car but if your going to do it big with 20's I would go all out and get some HRE or iforged wheels with a fat lip.

I give you credit for being different though

Still plan on painting it the same color as my pearl white 98 SS or gunmetal?

Quick Reply: Project "ObseSSed"