Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

Project "ObseSSed"

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2007, 01:43 AM
9 Second Club

Received 47 Likes on 33 Posts

Ive gotta say, normally Im not a big fan of this kind of moding BUT youre car is looking good. I like it minus the euro tails, but you said you had that coverd.

Sean
Old 11-16-2007, 02:17 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i admire the work put into it and i acknowledge that it is "the same as any other" when raised up, but I do NOT see the point in 'slamming' it. takes away a lot of the classiness of the car IMO. As for all the v8 vs. v6 comments floating around not only this thread but this whole site, I read a post about a guy putting a z06 motor in his TA and getting flamed by the "pompous ********" on the corvette boards. anyway, sounds pretty similar doesn't it?
Old 11-16-2007, 12:16 PM
Staging Lane

lol wow there are alot of people that are...well lets just say not up to date with how things work when the dude started the thread. he doesnt give a **** if you dont like it. i think its cool man i like how unique your making it and i appreciate all of the time and hard work you have put in that thing. yeah it may not be super fast and have tt2's and the same suspension every other person who owns an fbody has but who cares? he is probably having alot more fun with it than half the people who own fbodies on this website. i mean its all about enjoying the car you own and he is having a blast just like i would if i had the cash like that to throw at my car. hell i think its gonna be a bad *** car because its different. its not the same heads/cam/exhaust/what like maybe 3 diff types of rims that people choose(dont quote me just saying most of you people just choose the simple way out on the few sets of rims i see most of time(they look good and are cheap i know dont hate))/same style of paint. i mean damn if your gonna look at the car and just be like ew gross it doesnt conform to the norm then just shut your damn mouth cause its not constructive at all. i applaud your separation from the norm man! (ill just let the bashing begin from all the old schoolers out there cause ill prolly never check this thread again lol)

i do have a few questions though:

1. do you plan on doing any custom interior work and have you thought about anything special to do with the big *** hole in the back where the ttops go?

2. do you have to ride at an akward alignment when the car sits that low or when the bags fill does it level the alignment out. i mean when its lowered it looks like the tops of the wheels are pitched in. i dont know alot about airbagging thats why im curious.

3. have you though about trying out some mac midlengths might save you some cash and headache cause they seem to tuck better and still get rid of the crappy stock cats. also it might help you when/if you ever cruise with it slammed.

i know thats a long reply but im bored up at work lol. bad *** car and idea dude
Old 11-16-2007, 09:14 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by DevilmonkeyWS6
2. do you have to ride at an akward alignment when the car sits that low or when the bags fill does it level the alignment out. i mean when its lowered it looks like the tops of the wheels are pitched in. i dont know alot about airbagging thats why im curious.
What you do is pick a ride height that you can live with, preferably with about 3" of compression travel so as to not bang the bumpstops. Then you note the airbag pressures or program it in your digital controller. Then you go get the alignment done at this same ride height.

Now you can slam it at shows and maybe crawl around at low speeds. The alignment will be off but your not really wearing the tires much with the short distances, etc. When your ready to hit the road, you bring the ride height to your preset driving level and your alignment is now correct and you drive around normally.

Since Slammed1500 tubbed the car he can set his normal ride height lower than everybody else and still have enough suspension travel to stay off the bumpstops.
Old 11-18-2007, 04:09 PM
On The Tree

wow how is some guys work making so many people pissed? Instead of telling him how ugly his car looks (even thought i think its pretty cool) why don't you go try to make your car better? keep up the good work!
Old 11-18-2007, 08:32 PM
11 Second Club

I like this car...I wanna see more pics.
Old 11-18-2007, 09:37 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by bad2000z
I like this car...I wanna see more pics.
How about a video?
Old 11-18-2007, 10:33 PM
TECH Enthusiast

i think its pretty cool. id bet it turns alot of heads
Old 11-19-2007, 02:42 AM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

although i personally wouldn't go that far with my car because i prefer going faster and handling better, i think it's very creative and you've put a lot of work into something that makes you happy.....**** anyone else that tries to rain on your parade. some people just don't seem to be able to accept the fact that someone else has the time, money, and desire to do something with an f-body other than make it faster. at least it's going to have an LS1 in it when it's all said and done, and you're not trying to hype it up into something it's not.

there are people who like going fast, and they build their cars accordingly.
there are people who like show cars, and they build their cars accordingly.

this car is obviously going to be a road-going show car, who gives a **** if it can't do a wheelstand, or cut 1.2 second 60' times, or run a low 10sec ET?

some people just need to broaden their horizons.......

one thing, though.....you did mention that you intend for it to run low 12's.......but many tracks will not let you run if your handles are shaved due to safety regulations.

and holy ****, who is the chick in the pics below? f'in gorgeous! got any better pics of her?

Last edited by 02Z28LS1; 11-19-2007 at 02:47 AM.
Old 11-19-2007, 08:40 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by 02Z28LS1
although i personally wouldn't go that far with my car because i prefer going faster and handling better.
What makes you think his car won't out handle yours? Hell, with his lower center of gravity it may run circles around most autocross and road race cars. He can also increase pressure in that right rear with a push of a button and improve his grip for quicker launches. I would not be too quick to judge. We may all be surprised at the performance.
Old 11-19-2007, 09:35 AM
11 Second Club

A vid would be good..
Old 11-19-2007, 12:34 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yeah there is a way to setup a bagged car to almost hook up like crazy on street tires!

But thats with reasonable power in mind
Old 11-19-2007, 08:05 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by JasonWW
How about a video?
the car is apart again so no video sorry

Originally Posted by 02Z28LS1

and holy ****, who is the chick in the pics below? f'in gorgeous! got any better pics of her?
she was a model for a video shoot
y yes i do lol
and i have a lot better ones

Last edited by slammed1500; 11-19-2007 at 08:22 PM.
Old 11-19-2007, 09:35 PM
TECH Senior Member

Have you thought about your final ride height yet?

I'm trying to decide between 3" or 4" of ground clearance with my car.

BTW, do you know anything about hydraulic systems?
Old 11-19-2007, 10:08 PM
TECH Fanatic

Have you thought about your final ride height yet?

I'm trying to decide between 3" or 4" of ground clearance with my car.

BTW, do you know anything about hydraulic systems?

the pic that i posted with the car raised up was the ride hight
i bring the car up just so the tire clear the fenders for turning

dont know 2 much about hydros but i do know its a lot of bs
Old 11-19-2007, 10:37 PM
Launching!

What makes you think his car won't out handle yours? Hell, with his lower center of gravity it may run circles around most autocross and road race cars. He can also increase pressure in that right rear with a push of a button and improve his grip for quicker launches. I would not be too quick to judge. We may all be surprised at the performance.
Dammmmmnn dude. Anytime somebody says something against it ....there you are. People are not going to like it or certain aspects of it...let them be with their views...sheez.... ya mama lo why don't you.
Old 11-19-2007, 10:41 PM
TECH Fanatic

girls in car shots are always hot, but ever notice how theyre only in rice mags? its because civics are good enough eye candy liek a camaro
Old 11-19-2007, 11:21 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by slammed1500
the pic that i posted with the car raised up was the ride hight
i bring the car up just so the tire clear the fenders for turning
Is this the pic you mean?

I was thinking this was as high as it would go. If that's the case you would not have any extension travel like when the wheel hits a low spot in the road. The tire would stop making contact and it could lead to a spin. Do you have some room for the wheel to go down at this height? Can you safely drive at max height? I'm just guessing about this stuff so any input would be really helpfull.
Old 11-19-2007, 11:32 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by ZetaVeinteOcho
Dammmmmnn dude. Anytime somebody says something against it ....there you are. People are not going to like it or certain aspects of it...let them be with their views...sheez....
Well, I'm going to be right there with my car laying on the ground as well. Opinions about the looks are one thing, so I don't comment about that, but all this nonsense about the handling being bad or acceleration being bad or the overall performance being degraded, that's not opinion. These are things that can actually be measured and tested. I thinks it's just ignorance when people say these things and have no idea about air springs or super low cars, etc.... They just have these stereotypes in their head like a lot of folks do about peoples race. It's just not cool to go around saying these stereotypical things.

The way things are looking I'm going to be running hydraulic cylinders on all 4 wheels. Based on that, who thinks my car will handle like crap?

Believe me, it will be able to out handle most anything around.
Old 11-19-2007, 11:37 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ZetaVeinteOcho
Dammmmmnn dude. Anytime somebody says something against it ....there you are. People are not going to like it or certain aspects of it...let them be with their views...sheez.... ya mama lo why don't you.

YOUR THE ONE SWINGING FROM THE FORUMS NUTS

Camaro is done right, and its a show car

Quick Reply: Project "ObseSSed"