Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

TTP RC Harness Bar + Crotch Strap Setup?? We're Ready To Move If We See Interest

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2008, 08:05 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default TTP RC Harness Bar + Crotch Strap Setup?? We're Ready To Move If We See Interest

I had no idea the interest in harness bars that everyone had before Echomirage pointed that out to me! I would be glad to fabricate a production JIG for a fbody harness bar. It would attach to where the rear seat belt mounts and use all 4130 round tubing. I can make them with attachment points for bolt-through seatbelts or without for wrap-around style. I have in stock all harnesses most of the time or they are one day away.

The price would be in the $225-250 range includes powdercoating. What would you guys think?

TTP Race Craft Fabrication Harness Bar Set. Includes:

- TTP RCF Harness Bar Set for Rear Seat Belt Mounts (Need to remove Rear Belts & Seats)
- TTP RCF Crotch Strap Bracket (Will fit under seat so you have full movement of seat)
- All associated hardware
- Add tabs for bolt-style belts - no charge

So what do you think? I could have these in production in two-three weeks.

Last edited by TTPMatt; 02-09-2008 at 11:31 PM.
Old 02-09-2008, 08:24 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Got my interest. Question though, would there have to be cutting in the rear panels or will it fit through the existing seat belt hole like the LG harness when they had them?
Old 02-09-2008, 08:32 PM
TECH Resident

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Sounds awesome! Hopefully they'll be like the LG ones where it was easy to put on/take off
Old 02-09-2008, 10:40 PM
Banned

Snake: I have not seen a LG one in person, I'm sure their bar was a nice piece. I want to make it pretty easy to install and remove just using the same brackets as the seat belts but remember while installed I don't think we'll be able to get the seat belts functional again in the back, but I'll have to look into this.

NO cutting!! I don't want you guys to hack up your car to put my stuff in there.

I am trying to get a donor car in this week and start production. The one thing that is going to slow us down is the fact that our new powder coating oven has not shown up yet (3-4 weeks out at least). I am trying to get a friend of a friend who owns a powder coating business help me out and get some turned over as soon as I make the first production run. I have a good feeling that I could have the JIG produced by mid-week to start full production but the powder coating is going to be our downfall.

I am going to start a list of people, but I do NOT want any deposits until I have the final production piece in my hand.

1 - ladybird
2 - echomirage
3 -
4 -
5 -
6 -
7 -
8 -
9 -
10 -

Depends on how many people we can get in on this, maybe we can extend a better discount for the introduction sale.

I am going to say this is 100%
Old 02-09-2008, 10:42 PM
10 Second Club

sounds good... get that jig made and pics ASAP!!
Old 02-09-2008, 10:45 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 46 Likes on 31 Posts

Would you sell just the crotch strap bar? I am putting a 5 point harness in my 94 but my Corbeau seats do not have the hole for one. Would your harness bar work for me?
Old 02-09-2008, 11:10 PM
Banned

Our style is for wrap-around belts on the bottom but once again I can put a bolt on it but that would restrict seat access at times on aftermarket seats. Our crotch strap brackets are $45 wrap-around style and $50 with the gusset on there for the bolt, they come unpainted or painted, give me a call at the shop on Monday to purchase one. On aftermarket seats I cannot make any guarantees on fitment.

If you buy the entire kit (With harness bar) you do not get up charged for the gussets.
Old 02-10-2008, 01:08 AM
TECH Resident

interested more once i can see pictures and if you give us a deal like you said for the first so many units sold. like a group purchase.
Old 02-10-2008, 09:31 AM
TECH Addict

PM sent
Old 02-10-2008, 11:46 AM
Banned

We're looking to have prototype photos for you guys tomorrow. This will be in an unpainted and/or painted version. Not powder coated right now. What would be the demand for powder coating say if I can drop $40-50 off the price is it worth it for you guys to custom paint the bar any color you want instead of picking from black or red powdercoat?? Just want some opinions here so we can service the community better...

Last edited by TTPMatt; 02-10-2008 at 11:52 AM.
Old 02-10-2008, 11:52 AM
Banned

im interested, just waiting on the pics
Old 02-10-2008, 12:08 PM
Teching In

I'm interested too
Old 02-10-2008, 12:17 PM
TECH Resident

This is the LG bar:

This is some other bar:
Old 02-10-2008, 12:18 PM
TECH Resident

Id like to see the proto-type before I jump on the bandwagon. Powder coat will definitely be a must. Ive tried painted parts and they chip too easy.
Old 02-10-2008, 12:35 PM
Kleeborp the Moderator™

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Black powdercoat would be a must in my book...you have my interest.
Old 02-10-2008, 04:42 PM
TECH Enthusiast

put me on the list for one unpainted. I could always get the powder coating done myself. Another question though, will it come with tabs for bolt on harnesses for both the drivers side and passenger side? Also is it just one crotch strap bracket or is for pass and drivers side as well? Thank you
Old 02-10-2008, 05:40 PM
Banned

Black powdercoat would be a must in my book
Ya I rethought this throughout the day. Sorry brain is in neutral on Sundays I will still like to offer an unpainted version so you guys can color match or use paint instead of p/coat, etc. because obviously until we have the oven in-house, it will not be feasible to have a wide array of colors on it and keep the shelves well stocked.

Well I already have left a message with the company that we purchased the oven from today and upgraded to the 8'x8'x20' model but that might push this back a few more weeks, I will not know until tomorrow. I am going to talk to my buddy's friend and see what we can put together. I would really like to get these powder coated for the people that would want them powder coated.

For the 5-point setups you can use the single crotch strap bracket and for the 6 points we can come up with something different. I would not want it mounted to the front of the seat due to safety reasons. It will come with new hardware all around to use for the lap belts also. Although this product is for off-road use only, we want the product to be very usable and safe.

Yes it will come with tabs to support both seats. Once I get into it tomorrow I can post some fabrication pictures and then decide what we are doing. Might make the passenger side optional to save some costs for the people that just want the driver's side for use.

I have a different vision for our bar than the ones that are shown above. I would also like to keep it all 4130 "chromemoly" tubing for less weight, no box or M/Steel tubing.

Id like to see the proto-type before I jump on the bandwagon
Hell, so would I!! If this is a success we will continue to make the GTO and the C5/C6 harness bars also. Remember we build full rollbars, rollcages, SFI certs, 3/4 chassis in house so anything custom you guys want I can make it happen as long as I have the vehicle...
Old 02-10-2008, 06:10 PM
TECH Resident

first thanks for the PM reply. acouple questions

1. How much would it be for just having belts for the driverside,compared to making the setup come with both belts?

2. How much would it be bare without paint or powedercoating?

3. how much would you charge to paint them?

4. how much for powercoating them?

if mine was painted i would never have any problems with it chipping on me. it would just have to be packaged good of course. also any thoughts about having a group purchase for like the first 20-30 people and getting a discount and after that sell for normal price?
Old 02-10-2008, 06:29 PM
Banned

94Blown: I will have confirmed pricing as soon as we see what we are in for. I would like to put it competitively in the $250 range powder coated with tabs for driver and passenger. Then we can downgrade from there. But I cannot confirm this pricing, also remember we are using much more expensive 4130 "chromemoly" tubing to complete these bars and everything will be TIG welded by our expert fabricators!

I will definitely work with the price on unpainted/painted ones. To be honest I'd probably charge you guys the same amount for unpainted or painted and they will be cheaper than the powdercoated version. I would also throw some clearcoat over the paint to avoid chipping and everything will be boxed VERY well. I like my product getting somewhere and being put on the car not dealing with UPS claims!!!

There definitely will be a group purchase and then a regular price. Let's see what tomorrow brings, I should have some good pictures I am quite excited over the response from everyone! KEEP throwing feedback at us so we can make this better for everyone!
Old 02-10-2008, 06:44 PM
TECH Resident

Yes i see your point and sounds good to me about charging the same price for painted/unpainted an dbeing cheaper then powder coating. put my name on the list then. if thats the route your going with this.

Quick Reply: TTP RC Harness Bar + Crotch Strap Setup?? We're Ready To Move If We See Interest