Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

Chrome Hood Latch assembly?

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2008, 04:19 PM
TECH Addict

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Default Chrome Hood Latch assembly?

Does anybody know where I can get a chrome hood latch assembly for a WS6? I am talking about the two pieces that bolt to the hood and/or the latch itself on the radiator support.

Has anybody else had thiers chromed if you cant buy them anywhere? I would like to get them and the two metal pieces the hood struts attach to chromed.
Old 03-06-2008, 05:07 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Can't buy chromed pieces anywhere - you have to get your stock parts chromed.

Like this:

Last edited by 1QUIKWS6; 03-07-2008 at 02:00 AM.
Old 03-06-2008, 05:57 PM
TECH Enthusiast

That is gorgeously clean. ^^^
Old 03-06-2008, 06:49 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 97ramsst
Does anybody know where I can get a chrome hood latch assembly for a WS6? I am talking about the two pieces that bolt to the hood and/or the latch itself on the radiator support.

Has anybody else had thiers chromed if you cant buy them anywhere? I would like to get them and the two metal pieces the hood struts attach to chromed.
I buy used parts real cheap off Trans am Creations in Fl. They sell all the parts cheap and I send them off to get chromed. I had my latches done and just today I received my trunk hinges and a few other things in the mail. I buy the cheap parts and send them out to be chromed so I can still drive the car and switch them out when I receive them back after chroming.
Old 03-06-2008, 09:09 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by 95TAGary
I buy used parts real cheap off Trans am Creations in Fl. They sell all the parts cheap and I send them off to get chromed. I had my latches done and just today I received my trunk hinges and a few other things in the mail. I buy the cheap parts and send them out to be chromed so I can still drive the car and switch them out when I receive them back after chroming.

Sent you a PM!
Old 03-07-2008, 05:09 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by 1QUIKWS6

Like this:

That looks incredible....where you able to take the front bumper supports off without actually removing the bumper?
Old 03-07-2008, 05:20 PM
TECH Addict

If you mean the stock ugly unpainted plastic part that is between the front fascia and the hood latch - yes.

Some items I picked up at a scrap yard, had them plated, then swapped them for my factory pieces. Some I just removed the factory pieces, had them chromed, and re-installed. I have basically 3-4 months during the winter when the car is in storage to do mods or remove parts for chroming.

There are a lot of other items chromed - just can't see them in the pics. The plater I use can also plate plastic very well (as is evident by the above mentioned plastic piece). That part alone cost $400 to plate - and I get a discount since I have been using him thru (3) of my show cars...

-Jay-
Old 03-07-2008, 06:00 PM
TECH Addict

If you mean the stock ugly unpainted plastic part that is between the front fascia and the hood latch - yes.

Some items I picked up at a scrap yard, had them plated, then swapped them for my factory pieces. Some I just removed the factory pieces, had them chromed, and re-installed. I have basically 3-4 months during the winter when the car is in storage to do mods or remove parts for chroming.

There are a lot of other items chromed - just can't see them in the pics. The plater I use can also plate plastic very well (as is evident by the above mentioned plastic piece). That part alone cost $400 to plate - and I get a discount since I have been using him thru (3) of my show cars...

-Jay-
I just went out and looked and that piece does come out pretty easy. I got a lot of ideas on stuff I want to get plated from looking at your car. I have heard AAA Chroming does a good job...is that who you use? If you would PM with their info and your name and I will tell them you sent me.

I want to keep the stock pieces to put the car back stock so I will have to find a junk car to get them off of.
Old 03-07-2008, 06:03 PM
TECH Senior Member

Thumbs up

Like this:

You make me ILL...... .................................... ALTHOUGH you r a car show queen...We have done 4 Power Tours and more. KLEEN -MACHINE MAN.
Old 03-07-2008, 06:05 PM
TECH Addict

Hope you mean that in a good way
Old 03-07-2008, 06:06 PM
TECH Senior Member

Exclamation

Hope you mean that in a good way
ABSOLUTELY........ NO BAD **** INTENDED..ONLY GOOD.
Old 05-14-2010, 05:45 PM
Launching!

hows the durabilly of the chrome latches where the two peices meet when closing do you get any wear there?
Old 05-14-2010, 05:54 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

holy old thread!

that is some amazing work though
Old 05-15-2010, 09:52 AM
TECH Addict

Only area that would exhibit wear is where the hook for the secondary hood safety latch contacts the body latch.

Way I get around that is I hold the secondary hood safety latch lever IN and gently close the hood till that hook is in place - I then just push the hood closed from that point. I never slam the hood closed from an open position.

This IS an old thread Car pretty much still looks the same appearance wise - just has had yet another improvement in the power department

-Jay-

Quick Reply: Chrome Hood Latch assembly?