Old 04-22-2008, 09:58 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

seems to work pretty good for me.
Old 04-23-2008, 01:36 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by davered00ss
No, I just did my xterra with Mothers wax, and had no problems. Same issue I had with it last year. Just thought I would try it again. I'll stick with the Meguiars gold class for the SS. I have so much F!@#ing wax. Just want to use this up.
I just used meguiars cleaner wax on my formula followed by a coat of tech wax. It does take a little time to dry compared to other waxes but it works great. Don't put it on very thick. A thin film is all it needs since it is oil based. The car is feeling like glass now. If it was smearing on you try a thinner coat and possibly a good cleaner wax beforehand.
Old 04-23-2008, 02:17 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I've been using nxt for almost 2 years and i've had no issues.
Old 04-23-2008, 03:32 AM
On The Tree

i try them all Meguiars, mothers, turtle wax ice, etc,
the one and only you shoud ever use is none other. ZAINO
Old 04-23-2008, 10:01 AM
On The Tree

i used the Next wax when i first got the car, and it was alright. Only lasted 2-3 washings. I got the nxt 2.0 and love it. It lasts throught about 8 washes, and the beading is awesome.
Old 04-23-2008, 07:03 PM

Meguiars cleaner wax actually worked great on the car.
Old 04-23-2008, 07:10 PM
TECH Fanatic

I use it after the winter all the time --a great cleaner-upper.
Old 04-23-2008, 09:44 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Tudds
You can wipe off NXT instantly, you can do your car twice in the time you are letting the first coat "cure"
Just because you can doesn't mean it is correct.

You need to wait 20 - 30 minutes to allow the product to cure prior to removing it. If you don't, you have just wasted your time and your product and accomplished nothing.

My suggestion is to start at one corner and do the whole car. wait 20 minutes (possibly longer in high humidity conditions) then start removing at the original starting corner.

You also need to wait a minimum of 12 hours before applying a second coat, or before topping with a carnuaba.

It takes that long for a synthetic product to fully bond with the paint. if you shorten the time frame, you drastically lessen its effectivness.
Old 04-24-2008, 05:06 PM

Seems like you need to use the NXT with another wax, either bofore or after?
Old 04-24-2008, 06:05 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Gipraw
Just because you can doesn't mean it is correct.

You need to wait 20 - 30 minutes to allow the product to cure prior to removing it. If you don't, you have just wasted your time and your product and accomplished nothing.

My suggestion is to start at one corner and do the whole car. wait 20 minutes (possibly longer in high humidity conditions) then start removing at the original starting corner.

You also need to wait a minimum of 12 hours before applying a second coat, or before topping with a carnuaba.

It takes that long for a synthetic product to fully bond with the paint. if you shorten the time frame, you drastically lessen its effectivness.
I don't really agree with that. I wax one side of the car and then go back and wipe it off. And that how i do the whole car. The wax stays on for about 10-15 minutes. Every time i wash my car it still beads up nicely. I wax my car maybe once every other month and it stays protected pretty well.

But i know everyone has different experiences with products
Old 04-24-2008, 06:29 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by BayAreaSS
I don't really agree with that. I wax one side of the car and then go back and wipe it off. And that how i do the whole car. The wax stays on for about 10-15 minutes. Every time i wash my car it still beads up nicely. I wax my car maybe once every other month and it stays protected pretty well.

But i know everyone has different experiences with products
correct. everyone has different exeriences.

In this instance, I have found that using the product in the manner I mentioned yields the best results, and, amazingly enough, also happens to be exactly how the guys that put their name on the product have suggested to me that I apply it during many conversation with them, and also matches the directions on the bottle.

While you may be happy with your method, I would be willing to bet that it is not yielding you optimum results, at least based on my discussions with the people that make the products.

If you are going to take the time to do it .. do it right.

Synthetics have to cure. period.

sorry .. not trying to be preachy here, but it does make a big difference, and I hate to see people taking shortcuts.

Quick Reply: Meguiars NXT tech wax............