Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

Good seats?

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2008, 05:56 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Good seats?

Jw, what do you guys think of these seats? Im in the market for some but not too expensive

http://www.andysautosport.com/chevro...a00100062.html
Old 05-23-2008, 06:08 PM
Banned

I think they look petty descent. Not too flashy, but still gets the job done.
Old 05-23-2008, 08:04 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Are you wanting seats for appearance or performance? You can get away with an inexpensive seat for performance. If you want something for appearance and something that you won't want to shoot yourself for sitting on for more than 5 minutes you're going to need to spend some more coin.

I've found some of the best seats as OEM equipment. Manufacturers spend A LOT of money on R&D for seats. If it's a certain color you're looking for perhaps look into a used set of Trans Am seats and getting them recovered. Your hind end will thank you for it later.
Old 05-23-2008, 08:10 PM
TECH Addict

Demonbird or 6litereater has similar looking seats except i believe they are arizon. Inexpensive and looked pretty nice
Old 05-23-2008, 08:48 PM
TECH Addict

Those dont look bad.
Old 05-23-2008, 09:43 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by unSStoppable
Demonbird or 6litereater has similar looking seats except i believe they are arizon. Inexpensive and looked pretty nice
www.arizenracingsports.com their a site sponsor..Ask for Mark!
~700 Bucks for aset of two..

For about the same price you could get so much more....
Old 05-23-2008, 10:01 PM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Mine are not Arizen, they are Mad Racing Concepts. Do a search under my old name DEMONBIRD...
Old 05-23-2008, 10:14 PM
TECH Fanatic

Two seats for under $300? That's a really good deal, but I would be afraid of the quality as well as functionality. That's really cheap. If you get them, let us know how they are though.
Old 05-23-2008, 10:21 PM
Banned

I paid $458 shipped to my door for the pair of real black leather and they are still holding up great...
Old 05-23-2008, 10:28 PM
TECH Addict

for the money those mad concepts seats are a hell of a deal. for racing i like the kirkys. corbeau makes nice seats aswell but like the arizens can run a bit more money.
Old 05-23-2008, 10:30 PM
Banned

^^Arizens are real nice especially with the Camaro style seat patterns... My friend Neil got Micro Suede Corbeaus and they are AMAZING but more money.
Old 05-24-2008, 09:44 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 6LITEREATER
I paid $458 shipped to my door for the pair of real black leather and they are still holding up great...
I looked up the brand, and I must say. I have no idea how they can produce genuine leather seats covered for that price. It would cost me that much alone in leather to cover a set of seats.
Old 05-24-2008, 11:15 AM
TECH Resident

I still dont see how they charge so much extra for the same exact seat with a few mods. I bet they still use the same frame and foam as the cheap ones.
Old 05-24-2008, 11:54 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by x2jesse1x
I still dont see how they charge so much extra for the same exact seat with a few mods. I bet they still use the same frame and foam as the cheap ones.
Hardly. I have sat in cheapo seats, and high quality seats. There is more spent in the high quality seat. You can't put the necessary supports into a cheap seat. I am in the upholstery industry and I can't even get the materials to cover that seat for what they are charging for the entire seat. What does that tell you?

Sure there are seats that are over-priced due to name sake. Find me a cheapo racing seat that has been crash tested. I'd be willing to bet the back snaps like a twig. I KNOW what it takes to make a lightweight seat that will hold up to extreme conditions. Piper Aircraft gets about $10k per seat on their higher end models. So you do the math.
Old 05-24-2008, 12:02 PM
Restricted User

Those are really nice for the price.
Old 05-24-2008, 03:55 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Mattism78
I looked up the brand, and I must say. I have no idea how they can produce genuine leather seats covered for that price. It would cost me that much alone in leather to cover a set of seats.
They are like factory seats (and earlier Arizens from what I have read) in that by "real leather" they are real leather on the front and vinyl on the back...

They come from China as well. Not saying it is a good thing but when you own a sweat shop your product is cheaper...

Originally Posted by Mattism78
Hardly. I have sat in cheapo seats, and high quality seats. There is more spent in the high quality seat. You can't put the necessary supports into a cheap seat. I am in the upholstery industry and I can't even get the materials to cover that seat for what they are charging for the entire seat. What does that tell you?

Sure there are seats that are over-priced due to name sake. Find me a cheapo racing seat that has been crash tested. I'd be willing to bet the back snaps like a twig. I KNOW what it takes to make a lightweight seat that will hold up to extreme conditions. Piper Aircraft gets about $10k per seat on their higher end models. So you do the math.
The person you are replying to was comparing Arizen to Mad Racing (and other cheapo same style seats). Originally, they did actually use the exact same seat frame just recovered...

Also, I don't really think anyone is considering these "racing" seats. They are just better looking and functioning than factory (which snaps like a twig as well, parted out plenty of wrecks in my time to know this fact)...
Old 05-24-2008, 10:20 PM
12 Second Club

m debating getting them. I dont want to kill myself after 30 minutes of driving. But for all i know, they could be good.
Old 05-25-2008, 12:33 AM
Banned

^^They look just like mine... I like them, so do others but some people don't...
Old 05-25-2008, 09:10 AM
12 Second Club

I got the Arizen Premium Black lether seats. Great looking seats but i am not satisfied with them. they dont give me the side or back suport that I want.. I Probobly sell them and go with Sparco Milano Prestige instead.. Great seats! expensive but probobly the best seats that are out there! http://www.sparco.it/catalogo/PubHom...&codLingua=ENG

Pad picture but the best seats i have ever ben riding in! They are lether and they realy wrap around you but still they are very comforteable! My friend got these in his Supra.
Old 05-25-2008, 02:29 PM
TECH Veteran

im shopping for seats and i really dont know what to get. I just dont feel confident enough to buy a seat online not being able to test it out. Anyone got a seat that they ACTUALLY like not like just cause they have the seat in their car but because it performs and is comfortable?

Quick Reply: Good seats?