Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

6litereater Designs Projects, Suggestions, and Feedback Thread

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2008, 11:16 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If there is a way to design the front to fit flush I think it would be perfect. My eye goes directly to it and it seems to stick up too much. This is a great idea though, I would love to be able to pop off one light piece rather than mess around with two glass tops. Nice work!
Old 09-21-2008, 11:17 AM
Banned

I'm going to be honest. It looks way to out of place, doesn't flow with the lines of the car for some reason, bulges up too high, and why no pics with the windows up too? Are you going to use the stock latches to keep it planted? I know you said it's just a prototype, but it looks like if the windows go up there will be a huge gap, but that could just be beacuse you don't have the latches in there or the weatherstripping. I just think the center lining of that thing goes with the C6 and new Camaro and that is b/c their body lines flow with it, it kind of seems out of place on that car.

Sorry I'm being such a harsh critic, but you always need as many points of view as possible. It's a cool idea and props to your for coming up with it and building a prototype.
Old 09-21-2008, 11:26 AM
TECH Addict

Looks good, very nice idea.
Old 09-21-2008, 11:34 AM
12 Second Club

I like it! But i wouldnt wanna chop up my car
Old 09-21-2008, 11:42 AM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Some of you guys need to read instead of just looking at the pics!

Originally Posted by 6LITEREATER
It will also latch down like a factory t-tops, be made out of fiberglass (carbon fiber is NOT cost effective and will NOT happen), and be made so you can use it WITHOUT cutting out the factory t-bar
Old 09-21-2008, 12:06 PM
TECH Resident

I like the z06 Roof better. Im not a fan of the center bulge line in ur design. It would look good on a camaro but not on a firebird since nothing on the car had this design.

-Could we get pics of the underside where the ttop latch bolts on.
Old 09-21-2008, 12:07 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by 98 WS6
Some of you guys need to read instead of just looking at the pics!
Yes I do need to read,I would do it!
Old 09-21-2008, 12:14 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 14 Likes on 5 Posts

this is pretty cool design can't wait to see the finished product.
Old 09-21-2008, 02:06 PM
TECH Addict

also for what was said above he still said he needs to add rain gutters and all that stuff.
Old 09-21-2008, 02:25 PM
TECH Enthusiast

what about creating some splitters for us C5 guys.....just a thought....
Old 09-21-2008, 02:31 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by 6LITEREATER
www.6LITEREATERDESIGNS.com

LS1tech members get them for $300 shipped...
You guys really need to read not just look at all the pretty pictures.

Originally Posted by KLRWS6
hey 6L is this for hardtops only? Also how does it bolt to the car? Could you put pics up for trans ams or firebirds. Very nice design by the way. Im starting to find my self a bit jealous. Great work man
This is for T/top cars

Originally Posted by DirtyBird222
I'm going to be honest. It looks way to out of place, doesn't flow with the lines of the car for some reason, bulges up too high, and why no pics with the windows up too? Are you going to use the stock latches to keep it planted? I know you said it's just a prototype, but it looks like if the windows go up there will be a huge gap, but that could just be beacuse you don't have the latches in there or the weatherstripping. I just think the center lining of that thing goes with the C6 and new Camaro and that is b/c their body lines flow with it, it kind of seems out of place on that car.
I have no knowledge of this product but if I were to guess I'd say the reason there appears to be a gap is because you will have to disassemble your T/tops and use your hardware to complete the targa, Otherwise the cost would be alot more expensive.

Way to go 6le As soon as I can get my car back together I will probably be ordering this as well as the gauge overlay. I'm not a big fan of the splitters but you've done a great job on these new products for our cars.

I would also like to add these cars have been out of production for 6 years now. So finding people who are still willing to come up w/ new products for us is Awesome. For those of you complaining about the design maybe you should think before you bitch because that makes vendors not even want to try new stuff.

Doug
Old 09-21-2008, 02:34 PM
TECH Regular

Hey how about a removable hard top for us vert guys?????????
Doing some great work 6litereater cant wait to see what future products you come up with.
Old 09-21-2008, 02:59 PM
TECH Fanatic

Damn Mark, you're working your *** off on this one... it looks amazing! Can't wait to see it painted. Need a price!!!

I need to start saving for my 9" but holy bejesus, you're making it hard to.
Old 09-21-2008, 03:00 PM
12 Second Club

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

If/when you get the final product done, let us know what the weight savings are...
Old 09-21-2008, 03:47 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by 98catfish

This is for T/top cars

I have no knowledge of this product but if I were to guess I'd say the reason there appears to be a gap is because you will have to disassemble your T/tops and use your hardware to complete the targa, Otherwise the cost would be alot more expensive.

Way to go 6le As soon as I can get my car back together I will probably be ordering this as well as the gauge overlay. I'm not a big fan of the splitters but you've done a great job on these new products for our cars.

I would also like to add these cars have been out of production for 6 years now. So finding people who are still willing to come up w/ new products for us is Awesome. For those of you complaining about the design maybe you should think before you bitch because that makes vendors not even want to try new stuff.

Doug

well said
Old 09-21-2008, 03:48 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by z28bryan02
Hey how about a removable hard top for us vert guys?????????
Doing some great work 6litereater cant wait to see what future products you come up with.

thats a very big project to undertake....especially for a 1 man operation and this isnt his day job
Old 09-21-2008, 03:56 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 846 Likes on 647 Posts

Neat idea.
Old 09-21-2008, 03:57 PM
TECH Regular

True, but in the future if he has the means it would be an awesome product. Still for a 1 man job he's kicking *** on some new stuff not offered for fbodies.
Old 09-21-2008, 04:05 PM
10 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I think it looks sick! I'd do it if you could keep the price reasonable (not cheap, cheap stuff is dumb, but ya know what I mean).

Originally Posted by 98catfish

This is for T/top cars

Doug
Well said but back at ya. This thread is about the top, not the splitter (you quoted his response to the splitter price).
Old 09-21-2008, 04:40 PM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by 98 WS6
Damn 6LE, You're skyrocketing! So many ideas lately. Just one question, how would this be stored inside the car if you wanted to take the top off?
You can:

1) Fold the back seat down and sit it there...

2) Remove rear hatch panels (maybe replace with custom ones) and sit it on the hump (over gas tank)...

3) We are considering selling a rear seat delete made with a place to "professionally" hold the roof...

Quick Reply: 6litereater Designs Projects, Suggestions, and Feedback Thread