Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Slack in tranny

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2009, 11:09 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Slack in tranny

As of lately it seems as if there is slack in the driveline... from a stop or a slow roll and i step on the gas it feels like it delays and then just kicks in and it makes a slight bang that i can feel in my butt, and it doesnt happen all the time and it happens harder and more often when I am making a turn and get on the gas from a small roll.

My tranny shifts firm and fast but I almost want to say it feels like the tranny mounts are broken.. like the tranny is moving under the car and its hitting the bottom of the car. but i dont know what im talking about so thats why I am here. haha

What do you think my problem could be?
Old 02-18-2009, 11:32 PM
Closed ex-Sponsor Account

It is highly unlikely that you are experiencing slack in the transmission. Most likely it is in the rear axle, drive shaft or mounts. Time to jack it up and crawl under.
Old 02-19-2009, 07:44 AM
FormerVendor

Possibly torque arm mount shot? probably along with the trans mount. If your feeling it hit the bottom of the car.
Old 02-20-2009, 07:35 PM
On The Tree

Another thing i noticed was that even after I got new rotors and pads the rear brakes still pulsed like they were warped, if that means anything.
Old 02-22-2009, 09:26 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by slo98bird
Another thing i noticed was that even after I got new rotors and pads the rear brakes still pulsed like they were warped, if that means anything.
if youve got a pulsation when braking its probably brakes, possibly the front brakes now? how many miles on the car?
Old 02-24-2009, 10:30 PM
On The Tree

it has 60k. I just got the breaks ground and new pads at the dealership and even did that after I got that done. when im coming close to a stop I feel it shudder or pulse I guess you could call it in the rear. While accelerating i sometimes feel a bump on shifts but not all the time. I think its caused from the fact that when I put the ported tb on it stuck while closed and when I tried pushing through it to open it it would jolt the drivetrain and have a jerky take off.
Thanks for all the help so far, i just need to know what I need to replace when I put my stall in.
Old 02-25-2009, 10:06 AM
FormerVendor

Well if your TB was stuck closed then that would definetly cause a jerky takeoff. At the least i would replace the rear transmission mount and the torque arm mount whenever you do your stall convertor. Thats what you can knock out at the same time the stall is going in. those are simple and nonexpensive items to replace. Once all that is done if its still there then take the next step and try to re-address the issue, which from your description could be internal.
Hope this helps
Old 03-01-2009, 05:44 PM
TECH Regular

brice we can throw it up on a lift someday.. and change the trans mount