Sponsored by:

is my trans or verter toast?

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2009, 08:48 AM
Gingervitis Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
LS1Tech 10 Year

Originally Posted by 2002CAMAROSSLS1T56
Not sure why you'd give me a tune that he's not using to work with.

All these DTC's need to be changed to 3-no error reported:
Personally I'd set all the ones you changed to no report.
And change all the misfire tables to 32767
Put the trans diagnostics back to stock.
Fuel Cutoff RPM Limits- back to stock. (not cutoff rpm vs gear)

Put the Full Throttle Enable to 90% Disable to 80%
Trans general pressure table is not showing up along with various other things, somethings up with that.

Now that I look at it, I'd say the trans is fried from running in limp mode caused by the misfire tables being set stock.
With a 3600 converter it might be hard to tell it was starting off in 2nd all the time, which is what a stock misfire table sometimes does.

I'd at least take the pan off the trans, break the filter open and see whats in it.
You CANNOT set P0101, P0102, P0103 codes to "No Error Reported". The car will NOT fall into SD mode!!!!
Old 04-30-2009, 09:28 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 79 Likes on 56 Posts
LS1Tech 10 Year

I too dont know why someone would not want the "TRANS" part of a tune not posted only. Its not like its rocket science or anything super special to do. Many inexperinced guys do it all the time and get it right.
Diagnoising a trans related shift issue without that information would certainly be a waste of time and silly to even attempt.
IMO
Its kinda like going to the doctor and saying Im sick, But you cant do any test and you cant look at my medical history " Whats wrong with me?

Call 888-744-6542

Old 04-30-2009, 09:46 AM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You (or whoever) has the PARK/NEUTRAL CUTOFF set to 7000 rpm. WHY? Why do you need to rev to 7000 in park or neutral? Thats why in quotations I said not cutoff rpm vs gear
Cutoff rpm vs gear is the rev limiter.

Also there are changes made for ETC fitted vehicles. I prefer to keep those stock on cable throttle vehicles because it doesn't clutter up your change log, and when showing tunes it doesn't show so many changes, and most of all they do nothing if you have a cable throttle.

DO NOT just change the fluid and filter. BREAK OPEN the filter and unfold the material, thats where you find the bad stuff.
Dude, i change them all because its easy. less room for error as far as rev limter goes. Also like said, it wont fall into SD if I set them to no error.
Old 04-30-2009, 09:46 AM
11 Second Club

as far as the trans tune, you will have to ask that tuner. i cant say for that guys!!!
Old 04-30-2009, 09:50 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by slow67
You CANNOT set P0101, P0102, P0103 codes to "No Error Reported". The car will NOT fall into SD mode!!!!
LMAO!!!!
This is how we find out if we know what we're doing, the guy that tuned it didn't say anything, maybe you need to take this issue up with him you think? He already repsonded to me and said nothing so either you're wrong or he's wrong.

Originally Posted by 01FbTaWs6
LMAO!!! Its tuned in SDOL genious......... I tuned the car
This is a total waste of time. As said, why send a different tune?
This post has no info about the car, like it's tuned in SD, thats kind of important to know.
THEN lets just post up my buddies stock tune (I know it's not the buddys stock tune, but it's just as useful)

Keep that fucked up trans tune off the board we don't want anyone robbing it.

The trans is fried anyway. But this post is going to end like this.
"Oh, we found the problem....the xxxxx point was set at xxxxx, it took ten seconds to fix, thanks anyway guys".

And no I'm not pissed or being a smartass, just to the OP think about what you're doing. You're asking people to figure out a problem with a tune and posting up a different tune.

Why don't you change your neighbors trans filter and see if that fixes this car.
Old 04-30-2009, 09:52 AM
Banned

as far as the trans tune, you will have to ask that tuner. i cant say for that guys!!!
Post it or forget it. Why don't you ask him whats wrong with it.
Give me his info, I'll contact him, or is it really you?

How can someone tune for SD and not do something as basic as a trans tune
Old 04-30-2009, 10:23 AM
Gingervitis Addict

LS1Tech 10 Year

LMAO!!!!
This is how we find out if we know what we're doing, the guy that tuned it didn't say anything, maybe you need to take this issue up with him you think? He already repsonded to me and said nothing so either you're wrong or he's wrong.
BTW P0101, P0102, and P0103 should be set to MIL on first Error. Some people have reported problems when selecting MIL on Second Error. Spend some time on HPTuners.com forums and you will know this

BTW on the tune that is posted, the 100% TPS columns of the PT shift tables and the WOT shift tables don't match, that can cause problems as well.
If it isn't shift out at WOT, try lowering the MPH and RPM of the shift points till it shifts.

On the shift times, try setting them to .250, which is about bottom limit of the adaptive pressures.

This is based on the tune that has been posted.
Old 04-30-2009, 11:02 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by slow67
BTW P0101, P0102, and P0103 should be set to MIL on first Error. Some people have reported problems when selecting MIL on Second Error. Spend some time on HPTuners.com forums and you will know this
No thanks, I'm not wasting my time.
I already admitted my abilities.
I'll admit, I'm not the best at engine tuning
I can do a trans tune.
Add over the internet, and with a different tune, theres way more room for error. It's really stupid of me to have even tried.
Old 04-30-2009, 12:09 PM
11 Second Club

How can someone tune for SD and not do something as basic as a trans tune
originally Posted by 2002CAMAROSSLS1T56
I'll admit, I'm not the best at engine tuning
How could someone do something as eleborate as a trans tune, but not know how to do something as simple as an SD tune??

man, you are really an ******* eh? Its pretty easy tobe able to do an SD tune and not know how to do a trans tune. Oh wait, I forgot these cars didnt come with an M6 That might have never crossed your mind eh?? i have tuned 4 cars before this one, and each was an M6, so I had no need for auto trans tuning knowledge, and my car is an M6, which I learned on. I know its a difficult concept to grasp....... Like I have said before, your talking to the wrong guy about the trans tune. And the tune that I posted isnt completellyuseless, as it was in the car and one that we were trying to get to work as far as trans tuning went. So instead ofbeing a complete smart *** and offering absolutelly NO help what so ever, you could havesimply told us what was wrong with that particular trans tune. Regardless,I was just responding to your ignorance on the O2's not working, and his "tuner" not noticing.

Last edited by 01FbTaWs6; 04-30-2009 at 12:16 PM.
Old 04-30-2009, 12:41 PM
Gingervitis Addict

LS1Tech 10 Year

How could someone do something as eleborate as a trans tune, but not know how to do something as simple as an SD tune??

man, you are really an ******* eh? Its pretty easy tobe able to do an SD tune and not know how to do a trans tune. Oh wait, I forgot these cars didnt come with an M6 That might have never crossed your mind eh?? i have tuned 4 cars before this one, and each was an M6, so I had no need for auto trans tuning knowledge, and my car is an M6, which I learned on. I know its a difficult concept to grasp....... Like I have said before, your talking to the wrong guy about the trans tune. And the tune that I posted isnt completellyuseless, as it was in the car and one that we were trying to get to work as far as trans tuning went. So instead ofbeing a complete smart *** and offering absolutelly NO help what so ever, you could havesimply told us what was wrong with that particular trans tune. Regardless,I was just responding to your ignorance on the O2's not working, and his "tuner" not noticing.
Please post a log that isn't logging Mass Air Flow (it will screw up your histograms in SD mode) and also log the following:

Trans current gear
Force Motor Actual Current
Delivered Trans Torque
Force Motor Line Pressure (%)
Time of Latest Shift (sec)
Shift Time Error of Latest Shift (sec)

You can also delete the following PIDs:
O2 Voltage B1S1
O2 Voltage B2S1
Fuel Trim Cell
Mass Air Flow (mentioned earlier)
Old 04-30-2009, 01:49 PM
Banned

How could someone do something as eleborate as a trans tune, but not know how to do something as simple as an SD tune?? .
Maybe I could, just never did. I don't find trans tunes elaborate at all.

man, you are really an ******* eh? .
I guess so if I'm even trying to help fix a problem with a tune thats not even in the car with the problem.

you could have simply told us what was wrong with that particular trans tune.
Why, because you're the one doing the trans tuning?
You're so full of **** about someone else doing the trans tuning.
Why don't you ask them to figure it out? Answer that, why would you not contact the person who did this top secret trans tune, if they screwed it up shouldn't they make it right? Or is this an attempt of you trying to do it, failing, and getting on here for someone to do it for you.
Old 04-30-2009, 02:33 PM
11 Second Club

your an idiot. FROST did the trans tuning. Not in this tune I gave you, but in the tune the OP has in the car. Everything else is the same except the trans tuning.

Last edited by 01FbTaWs6; 04-30-2009 at 04:06 PM.
Old 04-30-2009, 04:07 PM
11 Second Club

and slow67, thanks for trying to help him out
Old 04-30-2009, 04:17 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i'll be home this weekend and hopefully have some time with the car to get a good scan file for you slow...im also going to try a couple other things...

what things off the top of your guys' heads should i try changing to know if its a trans issue and not a tune issue? thanks!
Old 04-30-2009, 04:30 PM
Banned

your an idiot. FROST did the trans tuning. Not in this tune I gave you, but in the tune the OP has in the car. Everything else is the same except the trans tuning.
So whats Frost have to say about your problems?
I know, he's a mail order tuner. This is the problem with mail order tunes.

So what does frost have to say about it "not my fault, thanks for the money"?
Old 04-30-2009, 04:34 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by FiFdYnUtz
i'll be home this weekend and hopefully have some time with the car to get a good scan file for you slow...im also going to try a couple other things...

what things off the top of your guys' heads should i try changing to know if its a trans issue and not a tune issue? thanks!
Take the god damn pan and filter off. Lots of **** is a trans problem. Clean, then it may be a tune problem.

Good luck slow, trans tuning over the internet with scan files onlynot impossible I guess, but what a waste of time guessing.
Old 04-30-2009, 06:02 PM
11 Second Club

im going to take the pan off, f*#$....if your just going to be a douche bag stay out of my thread, if your going to be more helpful and polite i would love to hear your input...i can email you the tune file if you really want to look at it, but im not going to post it for the public out of respect for the tuner who asked me not to..
Old 04-30-2009, 10:14 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by FiFdYnUtz
im going to take the pan off, f*#$....if your just going to be a douche bag stay out of my thread, if your going to be more helpful and polite i would love to hear your input...i can email you the tune file if you really want to look at it, but im not going to post it for the public out of respect for the tuner who asked me not to..
I'm trying to get the info out of you so I can look at it. I'm not saying I can fix it or not. It will be a pain because I guess you have an older car, I have hp tuners for 2002, I tried modifying your tune earlier but it wouldn't let me save anything. I was just going to write it and post it up for people to look at and maybe comment on before you try it.

Either way if you send the tune I'll look at it and make some suggestions, and I'm sorry if I seem like an ******* but you need to get dirty and take the trans pan off. I know it sucks but I suggest that because when I first put my 3600 converter in it was running in limp mode and was hard to tell.

Looking at the tune that was put up here it would put my car in limp mode and I'm sure it could mess the trans up driving like that. Thats why I say see whats in the pan, I have a feeling, if it was driven like that for any amount of time, the trans might have a problem. Still you need to find out and correct what exactly caused it if the trans is bad.

What I could do is take the tune you send me, make all the changes on a stock 2002 tune and send it back, you'll have to copy the changes back to your year but you'll have a tune for reference at least.

And if you do send it, don't be afraid to tell me to look at this, that, whatever, if it's doing something else weird let me know. Give me the details. I noticed the pressures are way up. As an example I put my pressures up that high and it made it shift with a bang, a bad bang that if left that way would cause a problem.

So if you want send the tune and a detailed description. Or just the tune, maybe it'll be something easy.

Email onebigasstruck@hotmail.com
Old 05-01-2009, 12:09 AM
11 Second Club

thank you for the response...info wouldnt be so limited if i had the car right here but im away at college right now and only get time with the car every few weeks, i'll be home this weekend (saturday) so i can do any changes suggested and try them..thanks! im emailing you now..
Old 05-01-2009, 08:46 AM
Banned

I got your email, but there was no tune attached.
You can send it here via a private message and attach it like the other one was in this thread.

From what you describe, it sounds like it was in limp mode, it'll stall much higher because it's starting off in 2nd or 3rd. And lock up going on and off is also a sign of limp mode.

I was logging with hp tuners the second I started it with the new converter and mine did the same thing, except I never had a problem with it hitting the rev limiter.