Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

th350, 700r4 or rebuild 4l60e myself?

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2010, 03:08 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Jays_SSZ28
The band really doesn't look too bad, pretty sure that red material is not stock.
It's really not worth keeping considering you can get a new one for $15 to maybe $40.
Borg Warner Hi-energy is good. The cheaper ones are relined and the better ones have thicker mounting lugs.

Thats sunshell is stock.

You could reuse both of those parts if you're not putting down a lot of power.
theres black lines in the band, local trans shop says its burnt and cant re use it. i just found out transgo has a warehouse outside of seattle and i think they said its $18. im going to tear up a few more 700r4 trannys since i do have a bad part that sits above the planetarys and i want more experiance tearing these down before i do the real one.
Old 10-06-2010, 02:49 AM
On The Tree

just picked up a 95 z28 4l60e with converter that had about 20k on it. it has sat for a long time. theres a few issues. i need to make sure its a 95 with pwm and the pan got squished on the side near the shifter, bad, geuss it happen when the guy was moving stuff. it doesnt say pwm on the front pump so i dont know how to tell what year it is, it may be a 94 the guy wasnt 100%
Old 10-10-2010, 05:42 AM
On The Tree

finally fixed, i got a 94 trans that had a squished pan, bad valve body, manual valve was stuck from impact. swapped it with my old vb removed reverse check ball under separator plate took me 4 days, what a pita! new trans has 20k supposedly but sat since 98. finally able to drive the damn thing again

Quick Reply: th350, 700r4 or rebuild 4l60e myself?