Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need new built-up valve body....blew tranny last night

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2010, 05:18 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by LS6427
Well, it lasted 4 years, which is longer than anyone else gets with my HP/TQ in a daily driver that is actually driven every day. So I don't care if he shovels **** in there. What he does....works great. And all my parts last time cost me $350, all hard parts were fine. And its not a RACE tranny, its a normal street driven car, never sees a track. 4 years is a long *** time to get out of a cheesy 4L60E tranny. Looks like you've been getting ripped off for parts. That sucks, but it happens.

then it should last longer then it does if it isnt raced.
Old 09-20-2010, 05:21 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Well, it lasted 4 years, which is longer than anyone else gets with my HP/TQ in a daily driver that is actually driven every day. So I don't care if he shovels **** in there. What he does....works great. And all my parts last time cost me $350, all hard parts were fine. And its not a RACE tranny, its a normal street driven car, never sees a track. 4 years is a long *** time to get out of a cheesy 4L60E tranny. Looks like you've been getting ripped off for parts. That sucks, but it happens.

350 is what I pay for a stock rebuild kit for a grocery getter. the way I build a stock unit i should say.

Last edited by Predator T/A; 09-20-2010 at 05:30 PM.
Old 09-20-2010, 06:00 PM
Banned

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by Predator T/A
then it should last longer then it does if it isnt raced.
Trust me, it gets its *** kicked every day...... You can't tell me that a ~500 RWTQ engine using a 4L60E tranny for 4 years...isn't damn good....especially for what I pay for a rebuild.

If it was raced I'd only expect a year or two, like most people I know get out of there's.

Old 09-20-2010, 06:15 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I dunno man I have a vette that ran a 9.98 at 138 thats has been doing it for wel over 2 yrs now. As long as your happy with that build thats all that matters however as said before why dont you leave the trans stuff to your builder then. but if you want a VB call WIT 1-407-522-4417 thats the neares distro center to you and order a VB they are 225.00 plus core my cost not sure what they are retail? BTW ask for Will tell him Robert sent you he may give you a deal on it.
Old 09-20-2010, 07:38 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Predator T/A
I dunno man I have a vette that ran a 9.98 at 138 thats has been doing it for wel over 2 yrs now. As long as your happy with that build thats all that matters however as said before why dont you leave the trans stuff to your builder then. but if you want a VB call WIT 1-407-522-4417 thats the neares distro center to you and order a VB they are 225.00 plus core my cost not sure what they are retail? BTW ask for Will tell him Robert sent you he may give you a deal on it.
I am letting him deal with the rebuild.......this is my only car, he gets back on the 27th. I'm renting a car tomorrow till this gets fixed. If I can at least have the new VB with all new parts and the Transgo kit sitting here waiting for him, then he can pick up the actual new tranny internals he needs and do the job in a day. Instead of letting him start calling around and ordering the new VB stuff when he wakes up on the 28th in the morning. He can get my tranny done by the end of the day possibly the 28th or 29th if I have the VB stuff here waiting.

I'll call WIT, thanks.

Old 09-20-2010, 07:55 PM
Launching!

What dealer does this superbuilder work for.Where else did you go who could not get your trans to hold that low h.p rating.It sounds like from some of your other posts that all you care about is how cheap you can get it done for and rag on shops that charge a fair price.Predator is correct about the $ it takes to build a stout trans.Its funny how everyone says its got the ALL of the best parts money can buy especially for $350.00. Why don't you list everything that is in your trans for that money.
Old 09-20-2010, 09:24 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by 72blownvert
What dealer does this superbuilder work for.Where else did you go who could not get your trans to hold that low h.p rating.It sounds like from some of your other posts that all you care about is how cheap you can get it done for and rag on shops that charge a fair price.Predator is correct about the $ it takes to build a stout trans.Its funny how everyone says its got the ALL of the best parts money can buy especially for $350.00. Why don't you list everything that is in your trans for that money.
I drive just shy of 20,000 miles a year, this thing lasted 4 years and gets ragged on the whole time. Gets topped out like 2-3 times a week and I do roll runs from 50-160 almost every damn day for fun and for races.

Your saying 4 years with a 4L60E is not a long time.....~500 RWTQ.......your ****** nuts!!!!! Flat out nuts............ I know tons of guys with F-Bodys (4L60E's), the only people getting 3-4 years out of their trannys are stock and bolt-on cars.

And yes, all the parts he purchased were $350.00 the last time he rebuilt it...no hard parts. Just the new **** inside the tranny....clutches, bands, whatever the hell all that **** is called in there. VB and its parts were reused.

He worked at ATF in Davie for a few years, look them up, they have a stable of 6-7 second drag cars. Then GM and Dodge/Chrysler. He's now at a Dodge/Chrysler dealer in Hollywood.

Old 09-21-2010, 07:38 AM
Launching!

I drive just shy of 20,000 miles a year, this thing lasted 4 years and gets ragged on the whole time. Gets topped out like 2-3 times a week and I do roll runs from 50-160 almost every damn day for fun and for races.

Your saying 4 years with a 4L60E is not a long time.....~500 RWTQ.......your ****** nuts!!!!! Flat out nuts............ I know tons of guys with F-Bodys (4L60E's), the only people getting 3-4 years out of their trannys are stock and bolt-on cars.

And yes, all the parts he purchased were $350.00 the last time he rebuilt it...no hard parts. Just the new **** inside the tranny....clutches, bands, whatever the hell all that **** is called in there. VB and its parts were reused.

He worked at ATF in Davie for a few years, look them up, they have a stable of 6-7 second drag cars. Then GM and Dodge/Chrysler. He's now at a Dodge/Chrysler dealer in Hollywood.

I never said it was not a long time but now that you say you only drive 20,000 miles a year Yes it should last longer. Yes i know ATF they do good work just remember your guy use to work there for a reason maybe he got fired because his work was not up to par we will never know.I have done plenty of 6-7 sec cars also so i am not impressed all the more reason i would never ***** out my work like this guy. i am glad you got someone that works basically for free to do your **** but don't come on hear and talking **** that he is the greatest and start looking for advise on v/bodies or anything else because as you can tell from all the other responses no one really wants to help because of your shitty attitude.Good luck with everything.LOL
Old 09-21-2010, 08:32 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by 72blownvert
I never said it was not a long time but now that you say you only drive 20,000 miles a year Yes it should last longer.
So now you're gonna say its normal for people to drive a 427ci stroker powered car 20,000 miles a year..........???? You're hilarious. The tranny lasted me about 80,000 miles in these 4 years. Find me one tranny builder/sponsor on this site or anywhere else that will truly say that "sucks" for longevity with ~500 RWTQ.......stock LS1's don't go much longer than that without a single tranny issue.
Good ****** luck. Nobody will agree with you. Have people gotten longer, I would sure think so....but 80,000 miles is friggin great longevity.

Yes i know ATF they do good work just remember your guy use to work there for a reason maybe he got fired because his work was not up to par we will never know.
Call ATF and ask why he laid guys off, all but ONE, about 4 years ago. ECONOMY. My friend got a job the next day at a dealership. My friend also still goes over to ATF and uses their equipment (CNC machines) from time to time for his stuff and side jobs, they are still friends over there. He actually used one of their machines to mill a part of my tranny 4 years ago. FOR FREE.

I have done plenty of 6-7 sec cars also so i am not impressed all the more reason i would never ***** out my work like this guy.
***** out work........ He's my friend. Have you ever helped out a friend? I guess not. Plus, if you re-read my posts.....I'm giving him my two rear Hals in trade....thats what he asked for.

Your GREAT help to me about month or so ago was to tell me you wanted $1,000 just for labor to remove my front upper and lower controls arms, change the bushings and end links and some other minor crap, then bolt the control arms back on.
This SAME friend of mine did it all for $100.00 in a few hours on a Saturday. So the last thing you are is someone who knows how to help a fellow car guy out...you're a joke. How many friends do you have.........?

i am glad you got someone that works basically for free to do your **** but don't come on hear and talking **** that he is the greatest.
I never said he's the "greatest". Someone on here had a problem so I explained that my friend does damn good work and doesn't **** you on the price.......something you know nothing about.

and start looking for advise on v/bodies
Again...re-read the thread. My friend is on vacation and I'm trying to save time so when he gets back I'll have the VB here waiting.......whats the deal with you man......

You're pretty funny.............are you upset I didn't give you $1,000 for 2-3 hours of work.......I'm not that stupid.

Quick Reply: Need new built-up valve body....blew tranny last night