Automatic Transmission 2-Speed thru 10-Speed GM Autos | Converters | Shift Kits
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

460le is sliiping at high or mid rpms??

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2010, 11:42 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 460le is sliiping at high or mid rpms??

I just got the car on a trade, when you drive the car normal the trans does not slip at all, but when you go to WOT are half way there it starts to slip, alot like the car will not move until you let off the gas. So is there any thing else that I should look for besides a new trans, I do know the fule pump is going out, bc for one it is hard to start unless you clycle the key a few times to get the pump to prim, and it has low fuel press like 30#. Any help with these probs would be great. Thanks
Old 11-03-2010, 11:53 AM
Banned

Received 53 Likes on 46 Posts

Check the trans pan and filter for metal and garbage, break the filter open. If you find nothing in the pan change the fuel pump.
The problem with the fuel pump is that you have to give it more throttle to go a certain speed, that can screw with the pcm's reading of throttle position vs speed, etc.
Old 11-03-2010, 01:47 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Jays_SSZ28
Check the trans pan and filter for metal and garbage, break the filter open. If you find nothing in the pan change the fuel pump.
The problem with the fuel pump is that you have to give it more throttle to go a certain speed, that can screw with the pcm's reading of throttle position vs speed, etc.
So do you think the trans is bad? I heard the the TPS can mess with the Tq convertor and not make it lock in, Im new to the Ls1 cars so any help would be great.

Today I'm going to get me a FP gauge and check it for myself, but Like I said I know it is low, How could I test the pump, flow to make sure it is the pump and not something else?
Old 11-03-2010, 02:37 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by fire57
I just got the car on a trade, when you drive the car normal the trans does not slip at all, but when you go to WOT are half way there it starts to slip, alot like the car will not move until you let off the gas. So is there any thing else that I should look for besides a new trans, I do know the fule pump is going out, bc for one it is hard to start unless you clycle the key a few times to get the pump to prim, and it has low fuel press like 30#. Any help with these probs would be great. Thanks
So do you think the trans is bad? I heard the the TPS can mess with the Tq convertor and not make it lock in, Im new to the Ls1 cars so any help would be great.

Today I'm going to get me a FP gauge and check it for myself, but Like I said I know it is low, How could I test the pump, flow to make sure it is the pump and not something else?

First it has 30 psi fuel pressure and now you don't even own a fuel pressure test gauge.
Not this **** again. Have fun.
Old 11-04-2010, 08:33 AM
Teching In

First it has 30 psi fuel pressure and now you don't even own a fuel pressure test gauge.
Not this **** again. Have fun.
Like I said I just got the car lastnight, The owner said when he put a gauge on it, it only had 30psi. I picked up a gauge lastnight, and confirmed it only had 30psi running. Just trying to get some info bro, no need to get cocky..
Old 11-04-2010, 09:16 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

replace the pump with a walbro 255... you obviously know thats a issue. I always start with the cheaper problems first. so you know you need a pump cause the 30psi. so do the pump and then see if its still acting up. but my car did the same thing your describing and it was the fuel pump.
Old 11-04-2010, 10:26 AM
Teching In

Yep that is my guess to the pump, but what about the fule reg in the tank? Could that cause the prob. Could I just take the reg in the tank out and put a adj reg in line somewhere? Would that work to?
Old 11-08-2010, 09:07 AM
Teching In

Yep that is my guess to the pump, but what about the fule reg in the tank? Could that cause the prob. Could I just take the reg in the tank out and put a adj reg in line somewhere? Would that work to?
It was a blown o ring in the fuel Reg in the tank, and now my car does not slip at all, not sure if the fuel pres has anything to do with the shift points of the car, but mine is fixed,
Old 11-08-2010, 09:35 AM
Banned

not sure if the fuel pres has anything to do with the shift points of the car, but mine is fixed,

best I can explain.