Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

best buit 4l60e

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2011, 08:00 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default best buit 4l60e

hey i've been looking for a good tranny to put in my 98 z28. i've had bad experience with local builders been through my 3rd tranny so i want to hear your experience with this builders. probuilt, performabuilt, and finish line transmissions. i dont see many reviews on probuilt transmissions does anyone run this tranny. which one would u recommend. whats your experience with this trans builders. thanks for all the help guys.
Old 05-16-2011, 08:19 PM
On The Tree

what' sup man i was in your same boat about a month ago or so, I decided to go with finishline performance, andy and his customer service is top notch and he has patience in explaining exactly what you are buying and why. I'm currently waiting on my LV4 now from him for my 95 impala ss now. Do a search on here it's tons of information on him and finishline. Also look into RPM, Performabuil,finishline, these are the top builders that i have found so far, all great reputations.
Old 05-16-2011, 08:21 PM
On The Tree

if i ever have a issue with my tranny with my 01 camaro ss finishline is who i will roll with, customer service is my biggest thing that i look for along with a good solid reputation and performance
Old 05-16-2011, 08:51 PM
Banned

Its amazing what those guys put thru a 4l60e .
Old 05-17-2011, 12:38 PM
Teching In

Who's better if there is performabuilt or finishline kinda of leaning towards performabuilt bc there's no core charge and doesn't it come with a trans cooler also? I just bought a yank ss 3600 and I noticed they are linked with finishline. is it the same company? thanks for all the help guys.
Old 05-17-2011, 01:01 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by carlosv
Who's better if there is performabuilt or finishline kinda of leaning towards performabuilt bc there's no core charge and doesn't it come with a trans cooler also? I just bought a yank ss 3600 and I noticed they are linked with finishline. is it the same company? thanks for all the help guys.
No, Yank and FLT are not the same company FLT just offers their converters. I'd go with FLT as mines has worked like a charm. I hear equally great things about RPM though.
Old 05-17-2011, 01:06 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by carlosv
we tried both & we had good luck with FLT.

if you buy the yank you can have it sent to FLT & they will test it on there top of the line trans dyno with your new trans.

good luck!
Old 05-17-2011, 09:54 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I know it seems really hard but learning how to do it yourself is a very valuable tool. Buy a rebuild manual and watch a lot of the youtube videos and you can have one built. For a solid rebuild you can spend about 500-800 dollars in parts.
Old 05-18-2011, 12:29 PM
Teching In

Yea that sounds like a good idea save a lot of money too.I'm just tired of messing with the tranny I want someone that works on these trannys everyday and knows what works and what doesn't. I called finish line today it will take a month to ship one out. My cars been down for a month already not good
Old 05-19-2011, 12:14 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by TurbopigB4C
I know it seems really hard but learning how to do it yourself is a very valuable tool. Buy a rebuild manual and watch a lot of the youtube videos and you can have one built. For a solid rebuild you can spend about 500-800 dollars in parts.
If you aren't open to the possibility of pulling the tranny back out after a DIY rebuild because you made a small mistake which cost you another tranny, then I doubt you want to do this. Automatics are a different kind of animal than rebuilding a manual trans or even an engine. There are so many parts that need to be put in a certain way and, if not done exactly right, it will cost you the entire thing. Too much at stake IMO. Good opportunity to learn, but at a potentially greater cost of time and/or money. It depends on if the experience is worth it to you.

Plus, it's the 4L60E we're talking about here. Even if you do get it right the first time, there's still the potential for problems because these transmissions weren't tough enough even from the factory... There are a lot of tricks builders use to overcome this that no DIYer will know.

Anyway, its up to you, OP

RPM Transmissions gets my vote, by the way. They're a sponsor with good customer service and a great reputation.

Quick Reply: best buit 4l60e