Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Educate me on converters!

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2011, 06:46 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by gm02ceta
Very good info! All of the LS1 cars I've own have been 6 spd. manuals except my current one which is an auto.

A few days ago while on my way to work I was being paced by a late model Mustang GT maybe a 2010/ 2011. We were going appoximately 70'ish on the freeway when he went WOT on me. Hard to admit defeat but I got spanked trying to keep up.

My car has no bolt ons besides a catback and lid. It's mostly used for cruising but I'm looking to get more out of the car at those speeds without going crazy with bolt ons. So to prevent getting the smack layed down on me what stall converter will give me the best bang for my style of driving?
I would highly recommend the Yank SS4000 or Circle-D 4C converter. Either would make your car a whole new animal while not being difficult to get used to. I love a 4000 stall even on a stock LS1. It'll give you the most bang for the buck as far as stall speed and shift extension while not being too over the top for stock gears and stock cam.

But at the very least I would go Yank SS3600. It would still be a huge improvement over stock.

Quick Reply: Educate me on converters!