Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Urgent help needed... Servo Removal

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2012, 06:39 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Urgent help needed... Servo Removal

Ive removed the servo cap, 4th gear apply, and 3rd gear apply, but i cant get the pin, and last servo out of the transmission. I tried removing the crossmember, but it only moved the trans down about an inch.

thanks

Car is a 2002 trans am LS1
Old 05-29-2012, 09:17 PM
TECH Apprentice

U need to unhook the torq arm at the front, crossmember, and the exhaust may still hold it up some. I use a pry-bar at the rear of the trans to "persuade" it to the drivers' side some. Bend the cat. convertor shield a bit too, it will fit in and out. done many and the issue is always that shield and the exhaust.
Old 05-29-2012, 09:33 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 215 Likes on 176 Posts

why do you need it out?
Old 05-30-2012, 08:24 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by sjsingle1
why do you need it out?
He may have issues with it, wants to tune the 3rd accumulation, or swapping it out for aftermarket billet. Could just be adjusting band clearance.
Old 05-30-2012, 09:43 AM

Received 389 Likes on 298 Posts

Its always good to ask "why". I wondered why too when I first saw the thread.
IIRC, his car already has the Corvette servo; I suspect some people buy that and go to install it, only to find they already have it.

Anyway, 1kwikF, let us know if we can help you further or if you have any questions related to your "goal".
Old 05-30-2012, 10:10 AM
Staging Lane

Thank you for all the replys... I finished it up at 4 am this morning... The problem i was, and still currently having is that the car wont shift from 1st to 2nd unless i let off the throttle, and it redlines in any gear at WOT until i release the pedal.

Ive replaced 1-2 accumulator seals, Pressure Solenoid, 1-2 and 3-4 shift solenoids, Auxiliary accumulator, Some other solenoid I bought(dont remember what it was for though), Filter and now ive replaced the servo.

The car was recently "tuned by frost" and since then Ive noticed the problem... Im not sure if it was his tune, or just coincidence. I know that his tune caused me to see that my knock sensors were bad and have since been replaced.

Im out of ideas as to what the problem could be, so any help would be much appreciated.
Old 05-30-2012, 12:57 PM

This issue comes up every week on this forum, and 90+% of the time it is a tune problem.
Old 05-30-2012, 04:49 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by mrvedit
This issue comes up every week on this forum, and 90+% of the time it is a tune problem.
yeah, thats what i was worried about, Because i cant just bring my car to frost... Ill have to email him and see what he says
Old 05-30-2012, 04:55 PM

Read the sticky on Tuning to better understand the issues.
Here is my suggestion to your tuner:
1. Drop the "Full Throttle shift MPH" by 5% for each shift.
2. Enter the same values into the "Partial Throttle shift MPH" for the 100% column.
3. Smooth out the 50%-90% throttle columns in the same table.

If you are comfortable with it, ask him to increase your fuel cutoff RPM by 250 (or more). Theoretically it should never hit this RPM, unless the tune still is not right.
Old 05-30-2012, 06:31 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by mrvedit
Read the sticky on Tuning to better understand the issues.
Here is my suggestion to your tuner:
1. Drop the "Full Throttle shift MPH" by 5% for each shift.
2. Enter the same values into the "Partial Throttle shift MPH" for the 100% column.
3. Smooth out the 50%-90% throttle columns in the same table.

If you are comfortable with it, ask him to increase your fuel cutoff RPM by 250 (or more). Theoretically it should never hit this RPM, unless the tune still is not right.
I just emailed frost, and he assured me that my shift points are unchanged and even offered to put my pcm back to stock if i didn't believe him just so i can see that the transmission is still having a problem.

Idk, I really don't want to have to take it to a shop, but more and more, that's what its looking like I'm going to have to do
Old 05-30-2012, 07:31 PM

Originally Posted by 1kwikF
The car was recently "tuned by frost" and since then Ive noticed the problem...
I still think you've got your answer right there.
I doubt it is a coincidence; it is usually the last thing you did.

If your car will shift from 1st to 2nd at e.g. 80% throttle and then hold 2nd gear at WOT with no slippage, your trans sounds fine. (If we were talking about a 2nd to 3rd shift problem, this would be a different story.)

I suggest finding a local tuner that can test it with your car.
Old 06-19-2012, 10:44 AM
Staging Lane

Problem = Solved

after talking back and forth with frost, I decided it might be best to try and swap out the transmission with the spare i had sitting in my garage for the s10 swap im doing.

i did the swap over the weekend as well as a 3200 stall circle D converter and b&m transmission cooler dope style.

The car runs and shifts fine, No issues whatsoever. Aside from the fact That i cracked my oil pressure sensor trying to get the transmission off of the dowel pins.

thank you for all your help