Automatic Transmission 2-Speed thru 10-Speed GM Autos | Converters | Shift Kits
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Sonnax HD 2-3 Shift valve install question

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2023, 01:35 AM
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks for the replies the sonnax fwd/rev abuse kit did come with a plug but it looks just like the OE plug so I had some transgo ones I thought it might be a good thing to use some they look like they would seal well buy don't know for sure... I used transgo low overun I think it's called yellow spring that came in the SK kit on other side of divider too for the fwd as the SK kit instructed and I am guessing the transgo approach of using steel ball with a spring does same thing as sonnax fwd abuse valve. The SK kit instructed to do the steel ball and spring with fwd torque valve but I used sonnax fwd abuse kit there instead with the transgo divider if anyone thinks I shouldn't for some reason let me know please thanks.

Last edited by RobPH; 02-03-2023 at 10:37 AM.
Old 02-03-2023, 12:38 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 345 Likes on 232 Posts

Originally Posted by RobPH
Thanks for the replies the sonnax fwd/rev abuse kit did come with a plug but it looks just like the OE plug so I had some transgo ones I thought it might be a good thing to use some they look like they would seal well buy don't know for sure... I used transgo low overun I think it's called yellow spring that came in the SK kit on other side of divider too for the fwd as the SK kit instructed and I am guessing the transgo approach of using steel ball with a spring does same thing as sonnax fwd abuse valve. The SK kit instructed to do the steel ball and spring with fwd torque valve but I used sonnax fwd abuse kit there instead with the transgo divider if anyone thinks I shouldn't for some reason let me know please thanks.
I think your good to go!
The following users liked this post:
RobPH (02-03-2023)

Quick Reply: Sonnax HD 2-3 Shift valve install question