Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Car shakes into higher speeds and worst in deceleration

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2013, 10:09 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Car shakes into higher speeds and worst in deceleration

So, my car has been acting up for a while. after replacing and fixing every problem I found and could think It's still shaking. U-joints all checked, pinion angle set, tires balanced twice, alignment after new tie-rods, new rotors, new wheel hub assembly, going threw and threw man. To the Transmission.

Yoke to tranny seems fine, lot of space in between and the drive shaft wiggle s a bit on the tranny side, I figure that being normal play.

CAR SHAKES!! Okay, gears, P it's a-okay, N it's fine D and on? After being warm it's shake while in drive only when the breaks are applied and car is stopped, as I hit the highway the faster I go the more the whole car shakes, when I let go of the gas it shakes 5 times worst. If I get on it at a launch- been happening for a long time it'll make a grumbling vibration at launch like something is giving way, but performs perfectly. Car shifts great drives great and handles great it's just shaking to pieces.

Motor mounts look good, tranny mount looks perfect Bought it and the guy swore up and down the transmission was built with a shift kit or some **** when I bought the car and it chirps tires going into second any advice thanks. I am taking this pile of anger to a tranny shop in a few days but I wouldn't mind help
Old 01-23-2013, 10:20 PM
Teching In

What are the miles ? Did you replace the u-joints you said (Just checking because i have seen u-joints that were dry and only bind when driving and didt have play ) ? Just want to make sure it shakes when your in drive and car stopped ?
Old 01-23-2013, 10:23 PM
10 Second Club

U-joints replaced and are okay. Now, it starts to kinda shudder when stopped in drive. Runs fine then stopped, then it feels like it' shuddering like it want's to go but can't.
\
miles on car 128k trannys was said to have been rebuilt at 98k and car ran amazing beside this last year. I know one fact, The tranny is over flown a bit. i keep forgetting to get around to that drain plug
Old 01-23-2013, 11:13 PM
11 Second Club

I got horrible vibration like you are describing when I installed a poly trans mount. I hated it. Got rid of that, and went back to an OE piece. Good to go.
Old 01-24-2013, 12:14 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by CS2 Sasuke XD
After being warm it shakes while in drive only when the brakes are applied.
This says to me that it's a brake rotor issue...

Originally Posted by CS2 Sasuke XD
...as I hit the highway, the faster I go the more the whole car shakes, when I let go of the gas it shakes 5 times worse.
That indicates an out-of-balance tire (which you said you have addressed) or and out-of-balance DRIVESHAFT - which you have NOT addressed.

Good luck!
Old 01-24-2013, 08:48 PM
10 Second Club

Rotors are brand new drilled and slotted with ceramic pads

driveshaft is stock to the car but I had an aluminum shaft in the car for about a year before a series of events happened so the stock one went back in no, not balanced since new
Old 01-30-2013, 04:00 PM
TECH Addict

Received 202 Likes on 166 Posts

Make sure you do not have a bent wheel. They will balance fine, even though it is bent. Also, there is no "correct" pinion angle. Go to Inland Empire Driveshaft's knowledgebase, and do some reading, it may help you out. I have been battling vibration also. Mine is pinion angle, but is very close now.
Old 01-30-2013, 05:10 PM
Trunion King

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Check your steel DS. When my car was an auto and I had the steel DS, it would vibrate on high speeds badly, enough that it snapped my rear tranny housing. I changed my DS to the aluminum one and it hadn't came back.

Quick Reply: Car shakes into higher speeds and worst in deceleration