New Frictions

New steels

All seals

29 element input sprag

Heavy duty sunshell

Corvette servo

New borg pro series band

Resurfaced reverse input drum

7 friction 3-4 set with full thickness steels and custom made backing plate. Apply plate surfaced to be perfectly flat.

Custom shift kit with moderate firm shifts that are progressive

Full time overrun mod to protect sprag keeps overrun clutch on in all forward gears except actual 4th gear

Modified but not eliminated PWM circuit

AFL valve reemed and replaced if needed after testing

Custom 2-3 shift valve not sonnax for quicker upshifts on the 2-3

.500 boost valve set with PR set up for 200 psi max line based on factory tuning set up.

New wiring harness and shift solenoids

New factory style pan with removable drain plug heavy duty not cheap tin.

New bushings throughout
(dual bushings in rear sungear)

This unit is suitable for every day driver with light to moderate performance and heavy duty use comes with a 1 year no hassels warranty its simple you break it Ill fix it. just send it back.

PRICE = $2400 WHICH INCLUDES SHIPPING NO CORE REQUIRED TO ANY PLACE IN MAINLAND USA
Price is for 1993 TO 2006 4L60E YEAR FORWARD OF THAT PLEASE ASK FOR PRICE AS I HAVE TO CHECK PRICE AND CORE AVAILABILITY.

NO RETURN CORE REQUIRED

BIG NAME BUILD AT AFFORDABLE PRICES, DELIVERY TIMES VARY BUT CAN LET YOU KNOW AT TIME OF ORDER, ALL BUILT BY ME WITH 40 YEARS EXPEREINCE AND KNOW NOW.

STAGE 2 4L60E BUILD UP TO 700 RWHP BASED ON A 4000LB CAR

New Frictions

New steels

All seals

29 element input sprag

Beast sunshell

Corvette second servo

Billet Dual servo overdrive 4h

New wide band

New reverse input drum.

8 friction 3-4 set carbon alto with custom made thick backing plate. Apply plate surfaced to be perfectly flat with specially modified steel plates to aid in cooling

Custom shift kit with moderate firm shifts that are progressive to aggressive as throttle increases.

Full time overrun mod to protect sprag keeps overrun clutch on in all forward gears except actual 4th gear (Engine braking 1-2-3 gears even in OD position.

New valve body plate

Modified but not eliminated PWM circuit custom.

AFL valve reamed and replaced if needed after testing

.500 boost valve set with PR set up for 200 psi max line based on factory tuning set up. Can go as high as 230psi with tune change to 99 percent max

New bushings throughout

This unit is suitable for anything everyday driver to all out performance beaten on

PRICE = $2600 WHICH INCLUDES SHIPPING NO CORE REQUIRED TO ANY PLACE IN MAINLAND USA

Price is for 1993 TO 2006 4L60E YEARS FORWARD OF THAT PLEASE ASK FOR PRICE AS I HAVE TO CHECK PRICE AND CORE AVAILABILITY. 700R4 ALSO AVAIABLE IN THIS BUILD CALL OR MESSAGE FOR PRICE.

NO RETURN CORE REQUIRED

BIG NAME BUILD AT AFFORDABLE PRICES, DELIVERY TIMES VARY BUT CAN LET YOU KNOW AT TIME OF ORDER, ALL BUILT BY ME WITH 40 YEARS EXPEREINCE AND KNOW NOW.

STAGE 3 4L60E BUILD UP TO 900 RWHP BASED ON A 4000LB CAR

New Frictions

New steels

All seals

29 element input sprag

Collared input drum re-enforcement

Sonnax smart shell

Fairbanks superior 2nd gear servo for maximum hold in 2nd and quickest apply to 3rd gear.

New wide band

New reverse input drum.

9 friction 3-4 set carbon alto with custom made thick backing plate. Apply plate surfaced to be perfectly flat with specially modified steel plates to aid in cooling

Custom shift kit with moderate firm shifts that are progressive to aggressive as throttle increases. This build is more aggressive than the lower ones.

Full time overrun mod to protect sprag keeps overrun clutch on in all forward gears except actual 4th gear (Engine braking 1-2-3 gears even in OD position.

New valve body plate

5 pinion GM ONLY planets

.500 boost valve set with PR set up for 200 psi max line based on factory tuning set up. Can go as high as 230psi with tune change to 99 percent max

New bushings throughout

This unit is suitable for anything everyday driver to all out performance beaten on

PRICE = $3200 WHICH INCLUDES SHIPPING NO CORE REQUIRED TO ANY PLACE IN MAINLAND USA

Price is for 1993 TO 2006 4L60E YEARS FORWARD OF THAT PLEASE ASK FOR PRICE AS I HAVE TO CHECK PRICE AND CORE AVAILABILITY. 700R4 ALSO AVAIABLE IN THIS BUILD CALL OR MESSAGE FOR PRICE.

NO RETURN CORE REQUIRED

STAGE MAX 4L60E BUILD UP TO 1000 PLUS RWHP

New Frictions

New steels

seals

29 element input sprag

Billet input and output shafts

Sonnax smart drum

Sonnax smart shell

Fairbanks superior 2nd gear servo for maximum hold in 2nd and quickest apply to 3rd gear.

New wide band

New reverse input drum.

10 friction 3-4 set GPZ. Apply plate surfaced to be perfectly flat with specially modified steel plates to aid in cooling

Custom shift kit with moderate firm shifts that are progressive to aggressive as throttle increases. This build is more aggressive than the lower ones.

Low reverse clutch mod turns on the low reverse clutch in first gear to protect and massively increase low roller holding on extreme power launches D3 position only.

New valve body plate

5 pinion GM ONLY planet rear
Sonnax 2.84 6 pinion front planet for better ratio spread 1-2

New Deep Aluminum finned pan

New bushings throughout

This unit is built to take whatever its aggressive and no holes barred

PRICE = $6200 WHICH INCLUDES SHIPPING NO CORE REQUIRED TO ANY PLACE IN MAINLAND USA

Note this unit will only be built into the bolt on bell style case as I do not feel the older cases bells housing as up to its power rating.

NO RETURN CORE REQUIRED

Note this build requires a number of specialty parts and delivery times are unpredictable if you order this please be prepared to be patient .

Notes none come with a bell or tail housing unless bell made on to case with the exception of the STAGE MAX it comes with both in the LT-1 298MM input shaft configuration however tail will not be camaro or firebird type as torque are should be relocated for this power level unit,
Bell and tail housing for others are available at additional cost and separate shipping.

Last edited by FranksCustomTrans; 02-13-2024 at 10:05 AM.
The following 4 users liked this post by FranksCustomTrans:
2BFAST (12-19-2023), 67LSX454 (02-01-2024), NZLS1 (11-16-2023), pdxmotorhead (02-23-2024)
Old 10-25-2023, 05:23 PM
TECH Resident

Received 235 Likes on 174 Posts

When I tear mine up I'll be getting with you, I've got a 4l65 in my truck and I'm not sure what's done to it as it was in the truck when I got it. It's withheld 400NA+200 shot of nitrous and now 700+forced induction so I'm sure I'll be looking soon. Would you recommend a transbrake on a street driven truck that occasionally see the track and if so what would be my pricing to include that
The following users liked this post:
FranksCustomTrans (10-26-2023)
Old 10-25-2023, 06:18 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 509 Likes on 351 Posts

[QUOTE=Tommy42088;20526137]When I tear mine up I'll be getting with you, I've got a 4l65 in my truck and I'm not sure what's done to it as it was in the truck when I got it. It's withheld 400NA+200 shot of nitrous and now 700+forced induction so I'm sure I'll be looking soon.

Last I looked the brake were going for about 900 but honestly with the type driving you list doing I would not bother with one.

Tommy42088 (10-25-2023)
Old 10-28-2023, 09:14 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts

frank, did you get my e-mail?

(not to rush you, just wondering if the system works through the forum.)
Old 10-28-2023, 11:06 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Originally Posted by Dian
frank, did you get my e-mail?

(not to rush you, just wondering if the system works through the forum.)
Yes but when I click to respond I get this "Sorry! That user has specified that they do not wish to receive emails. If you still wish to send an email to this user, please contact the administrator and they may be able to help." You can also email me directly at frank@frankscustomtrans.com or contact via facebook or text at number in signature ,
I will however try and check a price to ship trans though I would imagine rather expensive to there.
My experience has been the least expensive way is to find a 3rd party shipper who does regular routes to you from US and I can ship to them but I am unfamiliar with how that works,
Frank

Old 10-28-2023, 11:58 AM

Received 424 Likes on 323 Posts

Just as a shipping experiment, I Googled "Ship freight from US to Europe" and then selected one of the 3rd party shippers, in this case:
https://internationalshippingusa.com/home.aspx
I then enter Switzerland, Bern, Pennsylvania and Allentown. (Not knowing exactly the nearest city).
I then entered a box of 36x24x24" and weight of 150 lbs, value of $2500. It returned an estimated cost of $280; with insurance it was $350. This is for pickup at some freight center.
Perhaps the size needs to be bigger, but that should be a ballpark. Interestingly I first entered a size of 36"x18"x18" and the prize was higher. So they clearly like some standard sizes.

Assuming I did this right, this should give European people some idea of the cost of shipping a transmission to them from the US.

FranksCustomTrans (10-28-2023)
Old 10-28-2023, 04:05 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 319 Likes on 234 Posts

Just a note in regards to shipping stuff outside the US. The company I used to work for sent many machines outside the US. We learned the hard way that it's really important to have a freight forwarder company in the US with an office in the country you are shipping to. Also if are building the wooden crate for trans make sure the wood you use can be brought into the country you are shipping to. Most countries want you to use treated wood so no bugs in the wood.
I would also check with UPS and Fed EX.
Old 10-29-2023, 10:39 AM
TECH Apprentice

mrverdit, i appreciate your effort. however my experience with these " 3rd party shippers" is extremely bad. they lure you with an unrealistic price, keep your stuff for months under some pretext etc. in the end the shipping cost me 3x as much and even then they debited my credit card after i got it, you give them an avidavid. it all sound good, they are supposed to combine shipping, too good to be true. at least imo. (it was the company you mentioned.) fedex, ups etc. are hopeless, i have been quoted over $1300 for a set of tires.

what im looking for is a quote from an international company, e.g "schenker". if i ask them here its double the price. the next question is if it can be shipped by sea, probably not, by the time it gets to switzerland from amsterdam it will be more expensive than air.
Old 10-29-2023, 10:59 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

mrverdit, i appreciate your effort. however my experience with these " 3rd party shippers" is extremely bad. they lure you with an unrealistic price, keep your stuff for months under some pretext etc. in the end the shipping cost me 3x as much and even then they debited my credit card after i got it, you give them an avidavid. it all sound good, they are supposed to combine shipping, too good to be true. at least imo. (it was the company you mentioned.) fedex, ups etc. are hopeless, i have been quoted over $1300 for a set of tires.

what im looking for is a quote from an international company, e.g "schenker". if i ask them here its double the price. the next question is if it can be shipped by sea, probably not, by the time it gets to switzerland from amsterdam it will be more expensive than air.
I am also looking into it but looks like will be prohibitively expensive so far,

Old 10-29-2023, 11:59 AM

Received 424 Likes on 323 Posts

@Dian, thank you for your feedback which I certainly trust as you have personal experience. Decades ago when my software business was in full swing (and before the Internet for downloads) we had dozens of international orders every week and these included a 3lb 600 page manual in a binder. USPS had only a 75% arrival rate, the rest got stolen or lost. UPS and FedEx were very costly but at least reliable. So we used "re-shippers" for these over-seas packages and even letters. They would bulk ship our items, and of course from their other customers, to each country where they were then mailed locally. It was half the price of UPS/FedEx, 99% reliable and arrived within 10 days. Of course a 150lb trans is very different from a 3lb package, for one the trans will probably go into a shipping container with all the time-consuming complexities related to that.
In short, I will forget about re-shippers for large items.
Old 10-29-2023, 12:28 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

I checked the price through UPS let's put it this way, would be about same price for me to fly over check the trans as baggage, Hand it to him in person stay a couple days to visit then fly back .

Old 10-29-2023, 01:34 PM
TECH Apprentice

forget the trans, just come and upgrade mine.
FranksCustomTrans (10-29-2023)
Old 11-13-2023, 11:38 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

I have given some thought to a post directed at me and my tiny little 1 unit a week company by another sponsor here and decided to take the high road and simply NOT RESPOND at all.
I do what I do, I can assure you when I build a unit you get what you paid for and generally MORE, I will continue to be here and to help anyone here with any needs they have as I have for the last near 20 years.
and if you order a trans from me you will get the best I can offer and a full set of photos showing every step of the build for each and every one.
This is a Great forum for exchanging information and I will not be a party to bringing drama and bad discourse to it.
My name and the 10k post under another name I made here over the years speak for me and my character for those who have delt with me all these years.
FRANK

The following 8 users liked this post by FranksCustomTrans:
1FastBrick (11-13-2023), 2BFAST (11-14-2023), 5.7stroker (11-13-2023), dixiebandit69 (11-13-2023), jalfredprufrock (05-29-2024), Kfxguy (11-13-2023), mrvedit (11-13-2023), vorteciroc (11-13-2023) and 3 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 11-13-2023, 11:53 AM
10 Second Club

Received 1,744 Likes on 1,302 Posts

I don't know the details of the breakup, but that post that was made by them is pretty BS. At least have the decency to call you out by name and not be passive aggressive about it.

Last edited by ddnspider; 11-13-2023 at 02:28 PM.
The following 4 users liked this post by ddnspider:
1FastBrick (11-14-2023), FranksCustomTrans (11-13-2023), Kfxguy (11-13-2023), mrvedit (11-13-2023)
Old 11-13-2023, 03:02 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 580 Likes on 450 Posts

The first two options are dang good pricing especially with a core included. And shipping! dang
Old 11-13-2023, 03:25 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Originally Posted by Kfxguy
The first two options are dang good pricing especially with a core included. And shipping! dang
Yes tight margin for now , And I do not have a name I promoted for 20 years to stand behind so kinda have to start at bottom as they say, And My goal is not to grow big I will be content to do 2 or 3 units a week and make them perfect not backed up and in a rush which I hate,
I cant say the prices will remain that low and it takes alot of shopping arround to get the best prices parts and cores.

Old 11-13-2023, 03:52 PM
TECH Fanatic

So a question to Frank.
A car buddy of mine has a 80 Camaro with a 427 BB swap with a 350 turbo. He wants to go with a 4 speed auto of some type. The 427 is pretty mild. 450 hp on the engine dyno.
Would you go 700R or 4L60E? I know the 4L60E will need some type of computer control. I'm a died in the wool LS guy and really like the tune ability of the 4L60E via the controller. But the 700R only need the trans control cable?
What are your thoughts?

Last edited by LS1 TJ; 11-13-2023 at 08:02 PM.
Old 11-13-2023, 04:02 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Personally I would choose the 4L60E early case style and a USSHIFT controller. Though either trans would handle it when built well . The 700r4 can be very tedious and finicky about getting shift points just right. And that TV cable along with GOV can be a pain particulary if the car is geared low like 373 411 etc.
In my builds the stage 2 would be just fine though if he has big future plans the stage 3.
Really which way to go depends on how particular he is with shift times and drivability.
If hes finicky 4L60E no contest.

vorteciroc (11-15-2023)
Old 11-13-2023, 08:04 PM
TECH Fanatic

Thanks for the reply. Question. Early case style means means the bell housing is not removable? I too was thinking 4L60E. I haven't used the USSshift but it can't be that tough.
Thanks again.
Old 11-13-2023, 09:05 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Originally Posted by LS1 TJ
Thanks for the reply. Question. Early case style means means the bell housing is not removable? I too was thinking 4L60E. I haven't used the USSshift but it can't be that tough.
Thanks again.
You're welcome and of the controllers I have looked into it's the simplest from a novice perspective with its onboard interface or if you want more plug a laptop in . And yes older style case 93 to 97 physically identical to the 700r4. .

vorteciroc (11-15-2023)

Quick Reply: Franks custom trans 4l60e build sheets and prices