Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

YANK'S new line of transmission crossmembers

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2005, 03:21 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by WILWAXU
LG G2 arm will not work with the Yank crossmember.

Randum Tech works well though

I also had to trim the TA a little. Most arms stick out past the bushing, even at full extenstion. You have to trim some of that off, ~1/2"
Instead of trimming the TA why not trim the cross member...I went that route since its simply to do

Mike
Old 02-16-2005, 03:26 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by Yank
We have redesigned the crossmembers to work with the most popular torque arms.
no mods are requiered.
They are not the same as our early style, they are lighter and stronger than any other version on the market
Do the bolt holes line up? Everytime I install mine I have to pry the cross member over a bit...I have stock motormounts and PA K-member.

Mike
Old 02-16-2005, 04:03 PM
FormerVendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by V6 Bird
Do the bolt holes line up? Everytime I install mine I have to pry the cross member over a bit...I have stock motormounts and PA K-member.

Mike
If you have to push it to the side, try to loosen your motormounts or the k- member, is not aligned, all k-members are hand welded and they can shift or warp.
also check that the trans mount is centered by bolting it up, then tighen the mount at the transmission tailhousing last
It sounds like you can still get the bolt holesto line up in the floor pan as the bolt spacing does not change in the crossmember
Old 02-16-2005, 04:05 PM
FormerVendor

Instead of trimming the TA why not trim the cross member...I went that route since its simply to do

Mike
this is not need to be done, as the brackets have been redesigned to work with out trimming on these models
Old 02-16-2005, 05:31 PM
TECH Senior Member

Mike
You say Toma'to. I say tomato

Trimming the TA was a better (easier) alternative for me.
Old 02-16-2005, 06:20 PM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

I have never attempted to hijack a thread and this post is not meant to do so. Everybody has an opinion but when a company blatantly bashes our product to sell their own I felt it necesarry to step in. The worst part about it is that 90% of what has been posted is misinformation. Since this thread was started by Yank, I will not push our product here and I won't bash theirs either; that's not how we or anybody should try to sell products. My only intent is to provide correct information, you can decide what to do from there.

First, we did not copy Yanks design and it is obvious just by looking at the product. This is not rocket science. After 8 years of building F-body suspension systems, it's fair to say that we can figure it out on our own. Back in 99, a Yank customer came to us to build a crossbrace that didn't require the use of the TH400 Yank spacer. We did that for this customer only. Now, almost 5 years later when we introduce a new product, we are copying Yanks old design? Ok.

Second - This product is made from 1-5/8" x .120" DOM, the same tubing required by NHRA for roll cages. The only thing we make out of .095" tubing is shocktower braces. All plates are 1/4".

Third - The torque arm mount "is" gussetted. The original image put up on the site was a prototype used for test fitting and specifically stated that. Directly under the image it stated "shipped product may vary slightly from image shown". You can see the actual images on our website now.

Fourth - "Rotation flex"? Have you never seen a ladder bar crossmember in your 15 years of chassis building? Every ladder bar crossmember is designed exactly as our brace is, that's where we got the idea. Apparantly Chris Alston and Art Morrison, two of the largest chassis builders, makes "flimsey" products too. See for yourselves:
Art Morrison
Chassis Works
Chassis Engineering
Applied Racing Technology
Chassis Shop

And finally Fifth - There is no ideal location for the torque arm mount which is why we make it adjustable. Every car is different and will favor it's own location. The ideal location for each specific vehicle needs to be determined at the track. Control arm angles, weight bias, ride height and many other factors change your instant center. Leaving the torque arm mounted in the stock location does not allow any tuneability to compensate for any of the variables mentioned above.

Since this is Yanks thread, I will not answer any questions here. As mentioned earlier, this post is only intended to clear up some misinformation, not create problems or push our product. If you have any questions, please email us or start a new thread.

Thank you.

Allan Miller
President
BMR Suspension
www.bmrsuspension.com
(813) 986-9302
Old 02-16-2005, 06:53 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Thanks BMR - Thats a LOT of iNFO
Old 02-16-2005, 07:05 PM

Very professionally done BMR!
Old 02-16-2005, 08:09 PM
Launching!

ouch!!!
Old 02-17-2005, 07:58 AM
FormerVendor

BMR
I guess you do not rember TIM and JASON who took our unit's there back it 1999 to copy for their 400 camaro!
they even told us you where doing it!
mike
Old 02-17-2005, 01:16 PM
11 Second Club

I don't think bickering about designs accomplishes anything. It's a lot like a STB, or LCAs. How many ways can you really design something like this? What matters to me is the quality of materials and strength of the weld. That is the only thing in my opinion that differentiates suspension and drivetrain components. Since the price is the same, I want to see high res pics of the Yank unit to make my decision.
Old 02-17-2005, 02:34 PM
TECH Enthusiast

YEP where are the Pics??????????????????????????????
Old 02-17-2005, 03:01 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by Arkangel77
YEP where are the Pics??????????????????????????????
Photos are in the hands of or web guy, and he is to have them up by sat.
sorry, that he is so slow but we changed to a gold zinc plating on the brackets instead on a power coat to better match the hardware
We are trying to show what you get!
Mike