Sponsored by:

how to make 4l60e full manual shifted

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2005, 06:32 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by juicedSS
u think most people runnin turbo 400`s arent shifting them manually dude

Yes they are but they are not computer controlled. They don't have the ability to change shift points with the accuracy that we do. I have been told that manually shifting with or without the shift kit kills the transmission and is far less consistant (it screws up the line pressure). Like it was said b/f if you want to shift switch to a M6.
Old 04-24-2005, 10:07 AM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by juicedSS
i wanna know how to make my 4l60e manually shifted. what all do i need?
Find a tranny parts house in your area and ask them if they sell Transgo. If they do tell them to order a 4L60E-3 kit. The kit is for use for no electrical so when you manually shift it you should have no issues with the revs continuing to the rev limiter. For what its worth.

Mec
Old 04-24-2005, 11:16 AM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I agree with Greaseymec.
A few people in this thread don't seem to understand what a manual valve body does.
Obviously it gives you manual control. So why would you want to convert an automatic to manual control?
Well because it shifts quicker as someone said. It doesn't have to go through shift valves etc. The fluid path can be made shorter.

Why not get a manual trans? Well because then you have a foot operated clutch, no matter how good you are at driving it you cannot shift a manual trans faster than an automatic thats converted to shift manually.
Old 04-24-2005, 11:29 AM
TECH Veteran

i understand them well. i build all my own transmissions and quite a few others. even on an old school trans you don't need to manually shift it. i built one for an s10 last year that went 10's running it in drive. if the trans is built right there is no need to shift it yourself. there is no delay.
Old 04-24-2005, 12:05 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by zippy
i understand them well. i build all my own transmissions and quite a few others. even on an old school trans you don't need to manually shift it. i built one for an s10 last year that went 10's running it in drive. if the trans is built right there is no need to shift it yourself. there is no delay.
I agree, and have done the same on my own transmissions.
Someone gave me the manual vb I use in the th400 in my nova, tried it and liked it.
There is just something about it that makes the car easier to control with it's limited traction.
But I also miss the automatic shift feel of the TransGo 1&2 kit in a th400.
Old 04-24-2005, 09:57 PM
Teching In

click on the YANK sign on right hand side they should be able to help......
Old 04-24-2005, 10:27 PM
Launching!

thannks for the helpful info guys
Old 08-31-2023, 09:00 PM

Default 4l60e full manual offroad rally

I want to do this swap to boogie on the dirt . What else do I need to do besides install the Transgo or B&M kit ? I am installing a Winters sidewinder floor shift . What about the trans computer ? What do you know about that to make it work full Manual ? For Rally ?

Thanks

Old 09-01-2023, 01:24 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 331 Likes on 224 Posts

Originally Posted by zippy
i don't believe anyone makes a kit at all to make the 4L60E a full manual valve body. manually shifting a stock one can be done. that doesn't make it a full manual. if you program the thing right the first time you won't have to go back in and fix the shift points. the 60E has shown more cases of failure on vehicles that are manually shifted. just make it shift itself like it's meant to.
Sure they do!
https://transgo.com/product-details/4l60e-3/
Old 09-01-2023, 01:27 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 331 Likes on 224 Posts

Originally Posted by JoeyMfnAdams
I want to do this swap to boogie on the dirt . What else do I need to do besides install the Transgo or B&M kit ? I am installing a Winters sidewinder floor shift . What about the trans computer ? What do you know about that to make it work full Manual ? For Rally ?

Thanks
You could use a USShift controller and their paddle shift steering wheel adapter.

Quick Reply: how to make 4l60e full manual shifted