Automatic Transmission 2-Speed thru 10-Speed GM Autos | Converters | Shift Kits
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Converting to TH350 from 200-R4, have some questions.

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2005, 05:23 PM
9 Second Club NA

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Converting to TH350 from 200-R4, have some questions.

I'm selling my 200-R4 as I no longer need a tranny with overdrive and will be going with a TH350. I currently have the TCI 29.1 SFI flexplate, will I be able to reuse it? I'm using a 6 speed crossmember with a custom spacer and TH350 trans. mount, will I be able to use any of them? Also, I have a custom length Nitrous Ready Denny's driveshaft, will I be able to reuse it or will I have to get it lengthened/shortened? Is there any particular TH350 I should be looking for? Year, model, etc.? Is there anything that needs to be converted, modified, etc. to the TH350 to work with my 2000 Camaro? What about the dipstick? I currently have a 36" Lokar dipstick, would I just order a 36" Lokar for a TH350? Lastly, the TH350 will have reverse manual valvebody, what's the best shifter to get? Any help is greatly appreciate. Thanks.

By the way, the car started out as a 6 speed. If there is any other input you would like to share, feel free.
Old 06-17-2005, 06:56 PM
TECH Regular

Default 200r4

Originally Posted by Dragaholic
I'm selling my 200-R4 as I no longer need a tranny with overdrive and will be going with a TH350. I currently have the TCI 29.1 SFI flexplate, will I be able to reuse it? I'm using a 6 speed crossmember with a custom spacer and TH350 trans. mount, will I be able to use any of them? Also, I have a custom length Nitrous Ready Denny's driveshaft, will I be able to reuse it or will I have to get it lengthened/shortened? Is there any particular TH350 I should be looking for? Year, model, etc.? Is there anything that needs to be converted, modified, etc. to the TH350 to work with my 2000 Camaro? What about the dipstick? I currently have a 36" Lokar dipstick, would I just order a 36" Lokar for a TH350? Lastly, the TH350 will have reverse manual valvebody, what's the best shifter to get? Any help is greatly appreciate. Thanks.

By the way, the car started out as a 6 speed. If there is any other input you would like to share, feel free.
the th400 is about the same length as the 200r4, and the mount is in the same place.
Old 06-19-2005, 02:28 PM
9 Second Club NA

I was wondering about the TH350.
Old 06-19-2005, 03:14 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think a TH-350 and a Glide are very similiar. A driveshaft for a Glide will work for a TH-350. When Powell did his 200R-4 to Glide swap he was able to re-use his driveshaft. It was an Enland Impire shaft though. The crossmember for a Glide will work for a TH-350. Not sure about the flex-plate. I know you can use a stock Camaro A4 shifter on your TH-350. It requires a simple modification. Your tranny dipstick should also still work.
Old 06-19-2005, 03:46 PM
TJ
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by john kilgore
the th400 is about the same length as the 200r4, and the mount is in the same place.
they arent the same length, and will require a different driveshaft and yoke.
Old 06-19-2005, 03:47 PM
TJ
TECH Junkie

a th350 short tailshaft should be a direct replacement. a long tail might cause you problems with your drivehsaft(have to shorten it)
you will need a torque converter of course.
the lokar dipstick should work from my experience.
flywheel
tranny mount
driveshaft and yoke
should all be the same
are you selling the th200r4 ?
DONT buy a TH350C (lockup)
while you can change out parts to make it work, look for a std th350.
Old 06-19-2005, 03:48 PM
8 SEC SLOPPY SHOT!!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I converted from a 4l60e to a turbo 350 this is what i did.First off when i did my trans no one had a crossmember and people were fabing there own thats what i did i know bmr now has a turbo 350 crossmember availble.The lokar dipstick is what i used it was a little long so we took it apart and cut it down to the size we wanted no big deal.Your flywheel will work you just want to make sure who ever you get your convertor from they know its for a ls1 so there will be no need for putting a specal spacer between the convertor and the flywheel.I have a dennys driveshaft i don't think what you have will work i know they can shorten but if you have to go longer you might be better off selling yours and order a new one.My trans has the short tail "6in and fron the tail housing to the rearend yoke (flat part of flange) it measures 48in so you should be able to get a idea if your driveshaft will work.For a shifter turbo action is by far one of the best shifter out there and i run a revere manual pattern to.For computer tuning i just deleted the trouble codes and wired up the safty switch so the car would start.You will be happy with a turbo 350 i know i am Good luck
Old 06-19-2005, 08:57 PM
9 Second Club NA

Then I should be able to reuse the driveshaft. I really dont want to reuse the shifter as it will have reverse manual valvebody and I want a shifter that will only allow you to shift one gear at a time so that I dont over shift. If I remember correctly, Mike told me that I wouldnt be able to reuse my dipstick as the portion that enters the tranny is different. So the only thing I'll need to buy besides the converter will be the crossmember which I think I'll pick up from BMR unless someone has another suggestion, and shifter. I am selling the 200-R4. If you check my signature, click on the 200-R4 and it will direct you to the thread with details.
Old 06-19-2005, 09:00 PM
TJ
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by Dragaholic
Then I should be able to reuse the driveshaft. I really dont want to reuse the shifter as it will have reverse manual valvebody and I want a shifter that will only allow you to shift one gear at a time so that I dont over shift. If I remember correctly, Mike told me that I wouldnt be able to reuse my dipstick as the portion that enters the tranny is different. So the only thing I'll need to buy besides the converter will be the crossmember which I think I'll pick up from BMR unless someone has another suggestion, and shifter. I am selling the 200-R4. If you check my signature, click on the 200-R4 and it will direct you to the thread with details.
the 200 has the same mounting position in the rear if i recall correctly, your crossmember should work fine.
dipstick---the portion that enters the tranny MAY be different.
send me a pic if you have one, or ill explain it best i can.
some tranny dipsticks are very small at the end, and sit in a rubber cup installed in the tranny case. others use a large dipstick with an o ring, and NOTHING in the tranny case. whatever dipstick is used, the hole in the tranny is the same size.
double check things before wasting money.
good luck mang.