Automatic Transmission 2-Speed thru 10-Speed GM Autos | Converters | Shift Kits
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

MY Entire Fuddle Experience (worth reading)

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2006, 11:25 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default MY Entire Fuddle Experience (worth reading)

Alright guys i will let you all know this whole story from the top. I ordered and recieved my converter in a good timly manner. I installed the converter and loved it. I punched the car on the highway from a 50mph roll and the converter NEVER locked up after that. From there i contacted the trans shop that did the install and they told me its the converter no doubt about it. The converter didn't even try to lock not unlock-lock ect. just not locking at all. I posted on here and contacted John at Fuddle Racing and everyone on here told me it was a tuning issue not the converter and John sayd he didn't think it was the converter to try some things inside the transmission. I then had the trans shop replace the TCC selonoid, Manifold Pressure Switch, and check all of the check ***** and O rings. The shop said there ya go heres the bill and i guarentee its not fixed but thats what you wanted done so here. I drive the car home and nothing same thing didn't fix anything. As anyone i was pretty upset that i spent all of that money and it wasn't fixed yet. I contacted John once again and told him what happend. He told me he still didn't think it was the converter but he would send a new one out to me and when i unistall the old one send it back. I installed the new one and bingo!!! Locked up perfect, nothing wrong and i'm still driving now. The trans shop said told you from the start. I called John and he sent me a call tag for the old converter and i sent it out. The day he recieved it they tore it apart. Upon this they found a peice of the clutch lining missing and that was the reasoning. He credited me for the parts that he told me to put in the trans, labor to swap the converters, parts to swap the converters. I am very VERY pleased with his customer service and would recomend anyone to him.
THANKS AGAIN JOHN AND EVERYONE AT FUDDLE RACING.
Old 06-15-2006, 11:30 AM
On The Tree

thats top notch customer service right there.
Old 06-15-2006, 11:32 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i had a similar experience with my fuddle converter...i got my money back, all is well. excellent customer service.
Old 06-15-2006, 11:34 AM
On The Tree

Like i seriously can't believe how awesome service that was i just talked to John and wanted to get the ok to post all of the info here from him and he said have at it hed be glad to have people read this.
Old 06-15-2006, 11:56 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Slvr98z28
Like i seriously can't believe how awesome service that was i just talked to John and wanted to get the ok to post all of the info here from him and he said have at it hed be glad to have people read this.
Sounds to me like John is an honest guy. There aren't many if any others that I know of that would do that.
Old 06-15-2006, 11:58 AM
On The Tree

the trans shop that did the install said no way I would get another verter let alone money back
Old 06-15-2006, 12:06 PM
TECH Regular

John is awesome, dealing with him was a pleasurable experience. All businesses should take a page out of his book.
Old 06-15-2006, 12:19 PM
Banned

I am having similar problems with my Fuddle (or transmission). This sounds encouraging that he is willing to work with us. Although I haven't done anything to the tranny yet...
Old 06-15-2006, 12:24 PM
11 Second Club

Glad to hear your problems are worked out, he seems like a real honest guy.
Old 06-15-2006, 02:18 PM
TECH Veteran

You guys are congradulating him for poor quality control??? How the hell can they not see that before welding up the unit? Just the fact that someone else posted claiming to have the same problem is a real testament to his work.

He probably just refunded because most of his transactions are paypal and he figured you would try and charge back if he didn't do something.
Old 06-15-2006, 02:42 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 2002_Z28_Six_Speed
You guys are congradulating him for poor quality control??? How the hell can they not see that before welding up the unit? Just the fact that someone else posted claiming to have the same problem is a real testament to his work.

He probably just refunded because most of his transactions are paypal and he figured you would try and charge back if he didn't do something.
that would be the case if he only refunded him for the item purchased. he went above and beyond to take care of all the customers costs during the ordeal
Old 06-15-2006, 03:23 PM
On The Tree

yeah and the converter locked up when I first put it in and then failed and he big time made things rite stay out of the post if you just want to bash a good company
Old 06-15-2006, 03:34 PM
10 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I've talked to people that have gotten a bad converter from just about every company, how the company handles something after the fact is very important.

Right now fuddle is the new kid on the block so he's just going through the hazing process that always happens. Customer service like that is almost unheard of now, let alone admitting to what the problem really was and accepting responsibility for it.
Old 06-15-2006, 05:19 PM
On The Tree

exactly and that's another reason I wanted to find out from him about posting this thread and he said hey I settled up what else could I do and admitted the problem. I am just realuy impresses as you said service like that is almost unheard of now
Old 06-15-2006, 05:25 PM
11 Second Club

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Sounds like a stand up guy...There's way too many people screwing others, not taking responsibility, etc..The way they handled everything is very encouraging...If I wasn't a long time Vig user I'd consider them...

--Alan
Old 06-15-2006, 05:45 PM
9 Second Club

Wow that sounds killer. I ALMOST got a better deal...Fuddle waited 2-3 months to charge my debit card after I got mine
Old 06-15-2006, 06:37 PM
10 Second Club

Dude, just STFU already

People make mistakes all the time (even Yank, TCI, Vig, ect..), not many own up to it, John did
Old 06-15-2006, 06:56 PM
TECH Fanatic

That's why you buy from our site sponsors. They will take care of you after the sale. Kudos to John at Fuddle for the excellent customer service.
Old 06-15-2006, 07:50 PM
hashtagBMW

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Your a moron.
Old 06-15-2006, 07:57 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 31 Likes on 26 Posts

Quote:

Jesus what a tool!! Good luck finding a company that NEVER fails.....check your tampon....

Quick Reply: MY Entire Fuddle Experience (worth reading)