Automatic Transmission 2-Speed thru 10-Speed GM Autos | Converters | Shift Kits
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

how hard is it to rebuilt a 4l60e?

Old 10-05-2006, 02:28 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default how hard is it to rebuilt a 4l60e?

from a 98 ls1 and 3-4 are gone. if i get one of those manuals just for 4l60e, do u guys thing i will be good?
Old 10-05-2006, 08:47 AM
10 Second Club

you can try it. it may be alot of work removing an installing a trans that you arent sure will work. you can pay a builder to set you up with all the bells and whistles for a little change
Old 10-05-2006, 03:10 PM
On The Tree

the trans is out just sitting
Old 10-05-2006, 03:43 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 78 Likes on 56 Posts

I think what he means is that testing you skills at building a transmission while can be and enlightening experience can also be a very costly and time consuming event if things dont go well , Transmission are tedious there are many little things that arent allways covered in books or clear to understand even when they are ,
If you have time and patience and the understanding that it may in the long run cost you more than buying one from someone a vendor (US LOL) or another then I would say cool give it a shot its how most people learn everything they know in life , But if its your daily driver or needs to be reliable either take it somewhere or purchase one from someone .But in either case if you need assistance or information please feel free to ask we well be happy to asist in anyway we can
Performabuilt.com
Old 10-05-2006, 03:47 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by performabuilt
I think what he means is that testing you skills at building a transmission while can be and enlightening experience can also be a very costly and time consuming event if things dont go well , Transmission are tedious there are many little things that arent allways covered in books or clear to understand even when they are ,
If you have time and patience and the understanding that it may in the long run cost you more than buying one from someone a vendor (US LOL) or another then I would say cool give it a shot its how most people learn everything they know in life , But if its your daily driver or needs to be reliable either take it somewhere or purchase one from someone .But in either case if you need assistance or information please feel free to ask we well be happy to asist in anyway we can
Performabuilt.com

+1. My mechanic has been building drag cars and circle track cars since the 70's. He had trouble swapping a TKo500 into my mustang. Sometimes things that SHOULD mate up--DONT, and sometimes noone tells you what you NEED to have, ect. It is a pain in the *** and very prone to problems. If you are ASE or a tranny man, then do it. If not, it is not like the !FRA !EGR stuff ppl do in their garages all the time.
Old 10-06-2006, 12:47 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 78 Likes on 56 Posts

Agreement I like that lol
www.performabuilttransmissions.com
Old 10-06-2006, 01:47 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

my .02 is take it to someone who can rebuild it but watch them and learn....pay atten. to what they do and how they do it....the first time i ever learned how to rebuild a ls1...i watched a 63 year old man do it...he was freakin yoda to me
Old 10-06-2006, 07:01 PM
On The Tree

thanks

Search this Thread