Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fuddle or Art CArr???

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2006, 02:00 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by transsam
Well I havent really seen anybody say they ahve had a problem with their Fuddle other than the custoemr service complaints. Mine is great and has never had a problem.

and there is at least one Fuddle on that list. MNRO hasa Fuddle. And if you really want to see fast - check out SR71 and his Fuddle -- 9.3!
That's great for SR 71 he's one of a few. As for the SI list, 1 out of 60 isn't too good if you ask me. If their converters where the ****, there's be more of them on there. I can't believe you haven't seen anyone that have had a problem w/ Fuddle. You might want to take a stroll through some searches some time soon. I for one am one of these folks. My 3600 fuddle flashed to 5300 on a cam only car (also not too good if you ask me). But, like I said the choice is yours, do a lot of research on Fuddle, Yank, or Vigilante and see what you come up with. If you still think Fuddle is the best, then good on ya and it's obvious that the price tag sold you, not the quality or track record of their product.
Old 12-11-2006, 02:05 PM
Banned

Actually, we are a sponsor again. We are just waiting for the title change. Look for a forthcoming post from us.

As far as the "list," so what? We have only been selling online for a relatively short while. Take a list like that for what it is. A list of people who have seen the post and posted. (P.S. Look more closely; Fuddle is on that list). There simply is not a company out there who will outperform Fuddle.

Also, the idea that numerous people have had their Fuddles take a crap is a huge exaggeration, likely constructed through misinformation. If that many converters took a crap, our warranty would certainly be shortened, or we simply wouldn't make it. Fact is our warranty simply runs circles around the competition.

And the old inefficiency argument - look it up. Look at the people who have compared apples to apples. For example, JimmyBlue has actually documented the comparison. It is a misinformation campaign - always has been.

zspot98, we offer a 2-year warranty, which includes all repairs and restalls. If there is a problem, we will gladly fix it, even when it is not caused by the converter. And if it is a problem with the build of the converter, we will pay for the swap, too. We absolutely stand behind every converter we build.

Last edited by 1jfuddle; 12-11-2006 at 03:07 PM.
Old 12-11-2006, 02:47 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I can't claim that what I've shown covers everybody's
build and everybody's motor. But 96% at 6000RPM is
pretty near the front of the pack. That was just my
own slip data (nothing I can get my hands on for torque
multiplication @ RPM) and other peoples' same-type logs.

Now, somebody with more motor and who went for a
higher stall than their shiftpoints can use, wouldn't
see such a good number. That's the down side of
getting what you asked for. You're allowed to ask for
things that cost efficiency in application. And it's on
you to put the maker in a 3-dimensional box instead of
the usual two in such a case, when you're making a
one-off combo. I did and I got it. But what I ordered
is not what most track-rompin', give-me-a-hard-hit
types would.

And a converter could just be built inefficient. But that
is all cases, which I don't have any knowledge / data /
involvement with. You post a log of motor and trans
input shaft RPM, I'll show you your (minimum) efficiency
curve. More than that takes a converter dyno. Which
any manufacturer might be well off to visit, to demonstrate
capability against anecdotes and the seats of various
pants. But that's not my business other than curiosity.
Old 12-11-2006, 02:53 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 1jfuddle
As far as the "list," so what? We have only been selling online for a relatively short while. Take a list like that for what it is. A list of people who have seen the post and posted. (P.S. Look more closely; Fuddle is on that list).
You are correct there is 1 fuddle on that "list". Again, 1 out of 60?
There simply is not a company out there who will outperform Fuddle. Fact is our warranty simply runs circles around the competition. zspot98, we offer a 2-year warranty, which includes all repairs and restalls.
Yank and Vig both offer two year warranties.
We absolutely stand behind every converter we build.
I would hope so.

I'm not bashing your product, just stating that there have been a lot of unanswered questioned over the past few months. As a current Fuddle customer I look fowad to seeing this post and hope it squashes some of the common mis-conspetions.
Old 12-11-2006, 03:05 PM
TECH Veteran

Actually, we are a sponsor again. We are just waiting for the name change. Look for a forthcoming post from us.

As far as the "list," so what? We have only been selling online for a relatively short while. Take a list like that for what it is. A list of people who have seen the post and posted. (P.S. Look more closely; Fuddle is on that list). There simply is not a company out there who will outperform Fuddle.

Also, the idea that numerous people have had their Fuddles take a crap is a huge exaggeration, likely constructed through misinformation. If that many converters took a crap, our warranty would certainly be shortened, or we simply wouldn't make it. Fact is our warranty simply runs circles around the competition.

And the old inefficiency argument - look it up. Look at the people who have compared apples to apples. For example, JimmyBlue has actually documented the comparison. It is a misinformation campaign - always has been.

zspot98, we offer a 2-year warranty, which includes all repairs and restalls. If there is a problem, we will gladly fix it, even when it is not caused by the converter. And if it is a problem with the build of the converter, we will pay for the swap, too. We absolutely stand behind every converter we build.
Are you saying you're changing the name of your company? I'm unclear as to what you mean by your second sentence.

Also, this is a pretty amazing statement, considering what's been happening with your company over the past 6 months:
There simply is not a company out there who will outperform Fuddle.
I may have missed it, but is there an explanation for what happened with your company over the past months?
Old 12-11-2006, 03:49 PM
12 Second Club

My fuddle is holding like a champ!!
Old 12-11-2006, 04:19 PM
TECH Fanatic

wow, F-body guys really seem to get their panties in a wad.

as for the name change, I think he meant status change (it just changed back to sponsor a few minutes ago).

I don't think the others offer two years worth of restalls, I could be wrong.

as for my experience with Fuddle:
my roommate put one in his level 5 FLT powering a regular cab Silverado Z71 (6.0L swap with a little lope to it ). The first one wasn't good, they really missed the mark on the stall speed, it was supposed to be a tight 3200 and it was more of a loose 5500. Fuddle responded quickly and sent a replacement which works flawlessly. This truck sees everything from daily driver use, 4wd burnouts/ launches on the street, mud and off roading to a low 13 second N/A 1/4 mile pass every couple of weekends. In the ~12,000 miles that it's been in the truck it hasn't had an easy day and it's holding up just fine.

There was the one issue mentioned above, and like any human run operation mistakes happen - but Fuddle stood up and took care of the issue promptly and courteously, providing the CUSTOMER SERVICE AND PRODUCT WE ALL DESERVE.
Old 12-11-2006, 05:40 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Nick™
I don't think the others offer two years worth of restalls, I could be wrong.
Vig offers a 2 year warranty with one restall. Why would you need/want to restall a TC that often anyways?
Old 12-11-2006, 05:47 PM
10 Second Club

TCI all the way. Call up to TCI and talk to a tech and they can build you any converter you want. www.tciauto.com
Old 12-11-2006, 07:14 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Unless I identify a current problem as TC-related, my Fuddle is doing just fine.

3200/2.1

If I had to do it again and Fuddle wasn't an option, I would go Vig 3200.
Old 12-11-2006, 08:02 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jimmyblue
You post a log of motor and trans input shaft RPM, I'll show you your (minimum) efficiency curve. More than that takes a converter dyno. Which any manufacturer might be well off to visit, to demonstrate capability against anecdotes and the seats of various pants.
I haven't talked with Mike in a while, but Yank used a converter dyno for their converters. Somewhere I may even have a few of the sheets lying around including designs that were punted after seeing the results.

I can't claim that what I've shown covers everybody's build and everybody's motor. But 96% at 6000RPM is pretty near the front of the pack. That was just my own slip data
That is very impressive. If you ever hit the dyno, try a locked & unlocked run. It would be nice to see the HP delta. I'd assume that efficency would also translate to little HP loss.