Automatic Transmission 2-Speed thru 10-Speed GM Autos | Converters | Shift Kits
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

These are some capacity specifications for the stock 4l60e I thought of interest

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2007, 08:19 AM
FLT
FormerVendor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by TonyGXP
anything on the 70E?? know we Redline at 6500, and that's where mine shifts at.
I'm probably one of the few that have made the transgo shift kit work in that unit. The new shafts will be ready for testing soon.
Old 01-08-2007, 01:56 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Vince @ FLT
I'm probably one of the few that have made the transgo shift kit work in that unit. The new shafts will be ready for testing soon.

well where the HELL are they?? are you making the kits or what? these things (70E) are blowing up left and right! Are you guys still on Vacation or what? j/k, sorta ....

Performabuilt, Thanks, I'd be interested in seeing what and if there are any changes in the "specs" form the 60..
Old 04-05-2014, 12:28 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by GregWS6&z28
good post. may be sticky worthy.

would you say that the ratings of a 6,000 rpm shift speed would still hold true for a built trans?
This might be a stupid question but how do you race the a4? Do I stuck it in overdrive or drive ?? Drive only seems to use the first 3 gears??
Old 04-05-2014, 04:11 PM

Received 424 Likes on 323 Posts

There are quite a few threads on this subject:
https://ls1tech.com/forums/automatic...-drive-od.html
(See my post #10 and Jake's post #14)
https://ls1tech.com/forums/automatic...do-you-do.html (See my post #13).

In short, with a stock trans, keep it in [OD] to provide maximum available fluid to the critical 2-3 shift. (In [D3] some fluid will be diverted to the overrun clutch, increasing the chance of 3/4 clutch slippage.
Many performance builders are now installing the Sonnax HD 2-3 shift valve which when in [D3] keeps the overrun clutch applied in 1st, 2nd and 3rd gears. Keeping the overrun clutch applied reduces load on the forward sprag, which is another weak point.

Some of the confusion over this question/answer is due to the unfortunate mistake in the ATSG manual as I documented.

Quick Reply: These are some capacity specifications for the stock 4l60e I thought of interest