Sponsored by:

auto tranny help

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2007, 08:42 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default auto tranny help

Hey Guy's

Im in the process of installing a stall converter TCI SSF i pulled everything off the tranny i see TQ arm is off,driveshaft,trans crossmember,dip stick,8 bell housing bolts,wires,oilcooler lines. iv lowered and raised the engine for thelast hour trying to split the bell housing and its a no go. iv changed many stalls in my nova what am i missing? any help would be great and if you have done a few give me a call i think i will be working on it for the next month (straight thru) at this rate..1-850-626-3855

2000 trans am
Thanks,Tom
Old 07-19-2007, 08:53 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Originally Posted by scites
Hey Guy's

Im in the process of installing a stall converter TCI SSF i pulled everything off the tranny i see TQ arm is off,driveshaft,trans crossmember,dip stick,8 bell housing bolts,wires,oilcooler lines. iv lowered and raised the engine for thelast hour trying to split the bell housing and its a no go. iv changed many stalls in my nova what am i missing? any help would be great and if you have done a few give me a call i think i will be working on it for the next month (straight thru) at this rate..1-850-626-3855

2000 trans am
Thanks,Tom

It sounds like your missing something, but the bellhouse was stuck pretty good on mine. Just took a decent size pry bar and pryed it off on each side. It sholdn't be THAT hard though. Good luck

Chad @ LM
Old 07-19-2007, 08:57 PM
TECH Addict

yeah, the dowels on the bellhousing were rusted when i did mine. i did it off the car and used a giant prybar to pop the tranny off.
Old 07-19-2007, 11:07 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 78 Likes on 56 Posts

Use some penitrant and be carefull with the crow bar the bell can break and they are not cheap. You can also use heat but make sure you have a fire exstingusher handy . Those dowel pins can be a b#$%h

Call 888-744-6542

Old 07-20-2007, 10:45 AM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Tom, before you pry as recommended please make sure you have removed all of the bellhousing bolts. Lot's of guys miss the one up top at the 10 o'clock position.

g
Old 07-20-2007, 12:02 PM
TECH Apprentice

i have all 8 bellhousing bolts out. 2 on botton 2 on each side and 2 on top..im going to try it again this morning. i wanted to have it all done by tonight so i can make it to the track..this is horrible, iv never had a tranny spank me like this.this is almost as bad is talking my wife into buying me a 12 bolt for my birthday..lol
Old 07-21-2007, 04:01 AM
TECH Apprentice

i finally got the tranny broke loose from the block.(corroded onto the dowel pins) someone must have pulled the tq converter bolts before because they were a bit puckered up. but after the bell housings broke loose it was back togeather in about an hour..i want to say thanks to the guys a ACE Transmittions for there advice..
Old 07-21-2007, 09:26 AM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Glad you were able to get that unit out... call again anytime! We'll be here for ya!

g