Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Exner 4l60e

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2008, 02:01 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by youguessit
I see myself getting money back from this clown in the very near future.
I hope so. Throw the parts on the counter and ask what's up with this. Don't be rude, just firm.
Old 02-19-2008, 11:48 PM
TECH Regular

Exner doesnt want to give me my money back so im going to take him to court. Wish me luck all.
Old 02-19-2008, 11:50 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Z-RATED94
I hope so. Throw the parts on the counter and ask what's up with this. Don't be rude, just firm.
I was very polite... and i was very patient while waiting for him to get it right and then him and his clown friend tried to get me to turn up the line pressure to cover up his fuckups.... Im no fool i took my car to ace.
Old 02-20-2008, 08:21 AM
TECH Resident

You should post this up on Hotrodgossip2.com there are a lot of people there that mihgt want to know about the transmissions exzerner builds before they get screwed. That is a local Houston web site where he would have a lot of potential customers.
Old 02-21-2008, 10:01 AM
Teching In

Default exner

man im sorry ur getting screwed like that. but me and my dad have both used exner before and the tranny's is the only thing that hasnt broke on our cars. but like u said we are running powerglides and turbo 400's. hope everything goes good for you.
Old 02-21-2008, 11:39 AM
FormerVendor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by boosted s-10
man im sorry ur getting screwed like that. but me and my dad have both used exner before and the tranny's is the only thing that hasnt broke on our cars. but like u said we are running powerglides and turbo 400's. hope everything goes good for you.
Glad to see you put that up. No doubt these guys have game for automatics or the OP would not have been referred to them.

It's just that the 4l60E is not for everybody. It really isn't as complicated as it seems... but in the hands of a builder who is in a hurry or is inexperienced it is not forgiving at all. One thing to remember is that shops like mine who specialize in this unit build many of these each week, that's why it's so important to do your homework before you purchase!

g
Old 02-21-2008, 09:56 PM
9 Second Club

Default Exner Transmission

Matt and Steve are good people. they have treated me right for somewhere around 10 years now. they have always gone out of there way to help me out. and i have see them go out of there way for many others. steve just built me a a 4l60e for my 2004 silverado and i drove 1500 miles to cali towing a race car with no problems what so ever. he also built another 4l60e for a friend, and he has no problems for over a year now. he also built a 4l80e for another friend and he is happy with steves work. he also built a th350 for my small block s10, which beat the **** out of on a daily basis. i have put a 300+ hp shot of nitrous through this tranny and its still ticken. if he is such a bad person why has he been in business for 34 years and why do poeple still go back to him daily. i worked there temporarly and hang out there when im back home and i have NEVER seen them treat anyone with disrespect. steve and matt are great people and would never screw a customer.
Old 02-21-2008, 10:16 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

havent really seen anybody flaming exner. my .02. seems facts based to me, but what do i know. what a way to get in my first post right?
Old 02-21-2008, 11:13 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by v8sten
Matt and Steve are good people. they have treated me right for somewhere around 10 years now. they have always gone out of there way to help me out. and i have see them go out of there way for many others. steve just built me a a 4l60e for my 2004 silverado and i drove 1500 miles to cali towing a race car with no problems what so ever. he also built another 4l60e for a friend, and he has no problems for over a year now. he also built a 4l80e for another friend and he is happy with steves work. he also built a th350 for my small block s10, which beat the **** out of on a daily basis. i have put a 300+ hp shot of nitrous through this tranny and its still ticken. if he is such a bad person why has he been in business for 34 years and why do poeple still go back to him daily. i worked there temporarly and hang out there when im back home and i have NEVER seen them treat anyone with disrespect. steve and matt are great people and would never screw a customer.
Im glad he took care of you... but what ace racing found in my transmission speaks for itself. Thats his work with major errors in it. As for being respectful. he was till i took it back about the 3rd time. After he told me he wouldnt mess with it anymore i took it to a guy he suggested who went on to tell me oh just turn the line pressure up... thats all it needs. Which is an old trick for covering up flaws in the build. After i heard his friend say that with the smug look on his face i took it to ace. And like i said before... the transmission speaks for itself.
Old 02-21-2008, 11:23 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 78 Likes on 56 Posts

Maybe a bad day maybe something but you are right the trans does speak for itself That accum is the worst thing and is likley the source of all the issues you had

Call 888-744-6542

Old 04-07-2008, 09:55 AM
TECH Resident

What ever happened with exner/ did you get any money back or even an explanation?

Quick Reply: Exner 4l60e