47.62%
Voters: 84. You may not vote on this poll

Who has the best built 4L60's?

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2008, 01:24 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JEB99TA
What ever happened to Rock-on ... not seeing them as sponsor anymore.
Rock-on is the primary reason I gave up on 4l60es. Elaborating anymore would just **** me off.
Old 03-09-2008, 01:50 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Performabuilt without a doubt!

I have their level 1 and its holding up perfectly to full bolt ons + 150 shot of nitrous!!!!

My level 3 just arrived a few day ago and will be going behind my 427 stroker motor soon!
Old 03-09-2008, 01:53 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by JEB99TA
What ever happened to Rock-on ... not seeing them as sponsor anymore.
Cuz they screwed over a lot of people and stole a lot of money, didn't back up their warranties, and was impossible to deal with (refusal to communicate). So they are long gone. And good ridance!

Performabuilt has treated me great!
Old 03-09-2008, 02:13 PM
12 Second Club

LS1Tech 10 Year

Originally Posted by Circle-D
Give us a shout, we are in the Houston area!! Stop by and see our facility and what we can do for ya, you will be impressed!!!

Chris

Thats a badass pic.....that would be my background if i sold trannys....lol
Old 03-09-2008, 02:38 PM
TECH Fanatic

since you asked.
you are on the right track with flt or ace !!!!!!!! who ever you are closer to? remember its your money, spend it wisely or this might just happen to you tooooooooooo.......

after putting in, pulling out & then putting in & pulling out again!(pm me for details) sending converters to be cleaned twice, tranny fluid dripping in your eyes & a back ache from laying on concrete for too long or to many times on the concrete pulling there built trannys? and on top of that my wallet hurting from breaking down,tuning cost just trying to get them to shift correctly & on & on...........

all this sponsor did was throw trannys at us(3),no real help at all. as the third one had issues on the flt tranny dyno......... so we had flt rebuild that sponsors new built tranny & it is night & day difference between the two.......i mean a huge difference in just knowing this trans will take it,peace of mind. were i was afraid to really get on it with the other sponsors trans because of lack of confidence in it.....................

morale of the story,
do it once & do it right,you deserve that.........that guy on the phone is not under the car with you sweating, bleeding & dealing with your wife when she says but honey you said we were buying a performance tranny, what did you spend all that $ on? why is it broke again? ..............good luck ...............................my 0.2 worth
Old 03-09-2008, 04:03 PM
FormerVendor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Glad to see the OP doing his homework. There are lot's of traps and gotcha's out there.

I would be happy to discuss a build with anyone who is looking to take their car to the next level. We build Racing transmissions. Units that can take a punishment.. time and time again. We do that by holding ourselves to the highest of high standards each and every day one transmission at a time.

I will be at the shop each day this next week, no Shows or Races (thank goodness) So look me up.

g
Old 03-09-2008, 04:37 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 79 Likes on 56 Posts
LS1Tech 10 Year

Originally Posted by Cchris1109
Performabuilt hands down
Originally Posted by 87gnx
+1 for Performabuilt.
Originally Posted by Cchris1109
i bought the stage 3, https://ls1tech.com/forums/forced-induction/878111-well-here-final-setup-parts-ordered-arrived-very-excited.html this is my build.

the way i see it, spend the extra 700 for the top stage you will never have to worry about that transmission again.

dont cheap out on a viable part on your car. even if youre putting down 450 *par say* wouldnt you like the insurance knowing the transmission can handle anything you do to it for only 2200 dollars compared to 1500 dollars for a stage 1 ? not to mention its 400 dollars off the stage 3!
Originally Posted by transamfreak01
yeah ill be going with a performabuilt lv3 soon just waitng collecting the money
Originally Posted by 383lt1impala
performabuilt level 2 here and it was one of the best mods i done to the car!
Originally Posted by jitsumania
Performabuilt level 2 here. Car has forged LS1, AFR ported heads and ported FAST intake with Nick Williams TB with speed density tune EFI live, with a ton of bolt on stuff and yank 3600 matted to the performabuilt. The tranny and converter combo are awesome. This is my daily driver and runs great for DD duty with level 2.
Originally Posted by Travis99LS1
performabuilt...10K miles on my'n and still going strong (knock on wood)
Originally Posted by BOA279
Performabuilt
Originally Posted by GoFast908Z
Performabuilt without a doubt!

I have their level 1 and its holding up perfectly to full bolt ons + 150 shot of nitrous!!!!

My level 3 just arrived a few day ago and will be going behind my 427 stroker motor soon!
Thanks for the support

Call 888-744-6542

Old 03-09-2008, 04:49 PM
TECH Addict

If I had to do a transmission over again I would go with a 4L80e from performabuilt or another shop on here that is a sponsor (I can't remember the shops name but the member's name on here who represents them is Ratchethed or something very similar to it). Both were more than willing to offer services and information when I needed it but at the time they were a little to rich for my blood. In hindsight, going to one of them first instead of rebuilding a
4L60e, building a 'built' 4L60e, swapping a 4L80e and now really building a 4L80e, it probably would have saved me some money. BUT, then I wouldn't have learned anything and wouldn't be able to keep you from spending $k's you don't have too
Old 03-09-2008, 04:52 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by GoFast908Z
Cuz they screwed over a lot of people and stole a lot of money, didn't back up their warranties, and was impossible to deal with (refusal to communicate). So they are long gone.
Good to hear bad Sponsors actually DO get booted, if that's the case.
Old 03-09-2008, 04:54 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

LS1Tech 10 Year

Originally Posted by SVT THIS
If I had to do a transmission over again I would go with a 4L80e from performabuilt or another shop on here that is a sponsor (I can't remember the shops name but the member's name on here who represents them is Ratchethed or something very similar to it). Both were more than willing to offer services and information when I needed it but at the time they were a little to rich for my blood. In hindsight, going to one of them first instead of rebuilding a
4L60e, building a 'built' 4L60e, swapping a 4L80e and now really building a 4L80e, it probably would have saved me some money. BUT, then I wouldn't have learned anything and wouldn't be able to keep you from spending $k's you don't have too
Hey I allways say some times Learning and the gains from it can exceed the value of money. Though it may not seem so at the time.

Call 888-744-6542

Old 03-09-2008, 04:58 PM
TECH Fanatic

I have personally talked with Gilbert at ACE transmissions and he is a very nice guy and seems genuinely wants to take care of you however he can. Ive never heard of a bad comment from ACE, so thats why I go to him for mine.
Old 03-09-2008, 04:58 PM
FormerVendor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by SVT THIS
(I can't remember the shops name but the member's name on here who represents them is Ratchethed or something very similar to it).

Something like that.

I built the company from nothing, I own the company outright , and the sweetest part is I make every decision in the joint! And of course, indeed I do represent my company.

Thanks

g
Old 03-09-2008, 05:04 PM
Launching!

+213402934 performabuilt.

Best customer service and best parts ever.

have the lvl2 +3500 stall for little over a year with 0 problems and great performance.
Old 03-09-2008, 05:38 PM
On The Tree

I've heard too many stories about performabuilt.
I'm just sent my payment to Gilbert, i'm sure he will treat me right.
Old 03-09-2008, 06:33 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by bigleman
I've heard too many stories about performabuilt.
I'm just sent my payment to Gilbert, i'm sure he will treat me right.
Excellent choice......you won't be disappointed.
Old 03-09-2008, 06:43 PM
TECH Regular

I recently bought my first built 4L60E from Performabuilt. The motor and tranny are still waiting to be installed in the car, but I can say the customer service is top notch. They answered every question I had and stand behind thier product.
Old 03-09-2008, 09:07 PM
TECH Enthusiast

There are a lot of head hunting bitches out there in reference to Trans. builders, we have all read the same old threads that are repeated every time they get a chance. It really gets old hearing the same old **** from the same people. I agree if you had multiple problems with a sponsors trans. that you would be pissed, especially if it cost you money, but if that trans. builder tried to make it right and work with the customer with correcting the problem I really don't see a problem. I know I will get toasted on this post, and I really don't give a ****! I mean no disrespect to anyone, but it just gets old reading all the intentional bashing that goes on. If you have a problem with a company or product just post up in the sponsor feedback section. I also see a lot of stuff get deleted from this site by sponsors that should stay for the sake of all of us, the poor man with an expensive hobby. The bottom line is if you have a problem with a sponsor or product post up in the proper section, if your a sponsor you should reply and not delete the post.
Old 03-09-2008, 09:14 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Your shopping for horse manure. Its all crap in the end.

Originally Posted by Silver 2000 Ram Air
In the market for a built one... give me your vote as to whether FLT or Ace should get the money.
Old 03-09-2008, 09:15 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

LS1Tech 10 Year

Originally Posted by Giddswat
There are a lot of head hunting bitches out there in reference to Trans. builders, we have all read the same old threads that are repeated every time they get a chance. It really gets old hearing the same old **** from the same people. I agree if you had multiple problems with a sponsors trans. that you would be pissed, especially if it cost you money, but if that trans. builder tried to make it right and work with the customer with correcting the problem I really don't see a problem. I know I will get toasted on this post, and I really don't give a ****! I mean no disrespect to anyone, but it just gets old reading all the intentional bashing that goes on. If you have a problem with a company or product just post up in the sponsor feedback section. I also see a lot of stuff get deleted from this site by sponsors that should stay for the sake of all of us, the poor man with an expensive hobby. The bottom line is if you have a problem with a sponsor or product post up in the proper section, if your a sponsor you should reply and not delete the post.
I agree on all the above Thanks and actually sponsors cannot delete post. They must be deleted by and administrator or mod. Generally a post from my understanding is deleted when its done in and improper way rude bashing rather than just factual or placed in the wrong section or repeated bashing, For instance repeatedly bumping to the top. Improper language. etc. Just thought I would let you know how that worked.

Call 888-744-6542

Old 03-09-2008, 09:25 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Thanks for clearing that up, and that's the way way it should work!! I love this site, but it just gets old seeing all of the bashing that goes on, and no one saying anything! All of the sponsors are great on this site, but you start to loss some respect from some of them when this goes on. I'm surprised that no one has said this before!

Quick Reply: Who has the best built 4L60's?