Other
47.62%
Voters: 84. You may not vote on this poll

Who has the best built 4L60's?

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2008, 09:27 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

When it's time for me to get a tranny, which will be next year. I think i'm going with performabuilt.
Old 03-10-2008, 12:45 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 79 Likes on 56 Posts
LS1Tech 10 Year

Originally Posted by boola1341
When it's time for me to get a tranny, which will be next year. I think i'm going with performabuilt.
Thanks I will look forward to it . Do many hard launches and I will see you soon But hopefully not before you are ready

Call 888-744-6542

Old 03-10-2008, 12:53 AM
11 Second Club

Perform here, and lovin it.... They do great work, and there customer service can't be beat by anybody else....
Old 03-10-2008, 07:32 PM
10 Second Club

+1 for Performabuilt Stage 2. Holding around 600HP,lol.
Old 03-10-2008, 07:40 PM
12 Second Club

FLT all the way. After doin the trans swap shuffle several times with the "other" guys garbage, we said F#$# it and went with a "known" performance trans (FLT) and WHAT A DIFFERENCE. The car has actually made it more than 30 miles. pulls WAY harder, shifts WOT and normal driving are a ton better. Great guys at FLT, awesome customer service and they build the trans right the first time. I sure wish I could get reinbursed for my labor and personal time on swapping "other" guys garbage transmissions.
Old 03-10-2008, 07:44 PM
"All Motor 9 Second club member"

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

There are some of the best 4L60E builders right here on this site. We are very fortunate to have these great options, but my vote is obviously hands down "Circle D Specialties". I would have posted earlier, but we have been busy racing and beating on our car.lol.

We have tested and hammered trying to get the transmission to slip and it's stil solid as a rock. With over 300 hard low 10/high 9 second passes, it's still nailing the shift points.

Spend your $$ where you chose, but please do your homework so you only have to do it once. The 4L60Es are not horse manure if built properly.

Yes I am a huge supporter of Circle D, but there's a good reason for it. There's a lot of guys I race with that through in the towel and gave up their OD out of frustration because they didn't use the right builder and now I am lengths ahead of them and out 60ft them at the track. We can also run 75 mph down the freeway comfortably.

Old 03-10-2008, 08:09 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by TXCAMSS
There are some of the best 4L60E builders right here on this site. We are very fortunate to have these great options, but my vote is obviously hands down "Circle D Specialties". I would have posted earlier, but we have been busy racing and beating on our car.lol.

We have tested and hammered trying to get the transmission to slip and it's stil solid as a rock. With over 300 hard low 10/high 9 second passes, it's still nailing the shift points.

Spend your $$ where you chose, but please do your homework so you only have to do it once. The 4L60Es are not horse manure if built properly.

Yes I am a huge supporter of Circle D, but there's a good reason for it. There's a lot of guys I race with that through in the towel and gave up their OD out of frustration because they didn't use the right builder and now I am lengths ahead of them and out 60ft them at the track. We can also run 75 mph down the freeway comfortably.

damn james, those are just some bad *** pics!!
Old 03-10-2008, 08:29 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by bigleman
I've heard too many stories about performabuilt.
I'm just sent my payment to Gilbert, i'm sure he will treat me right.
About how thier trannys are badass!!!! + whatevernumberwereuptonow for performabuilt.
Old 03-10-2008, 08:36 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by SSmoken
About how thier trannys are badass!!!! + whatevernumberwereuptonow for performabuilt.
There was a big discussion about 2-3 weeks ago about an angry customer going through 3 transmissions. You should read it.
Old 03-10-2008, 08:43 PM
11 Second Club

Received 52 Likes on 43 Posts
LS1Tech 10 Year

Doesn't want to get introuble bashing anyone.....I'm still up in the air as far as my choice is. More people need to chime in
Old 03-10-2008, 08:53 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Giddswat
There are a lot of head hunting bitches out there in reference to Trans. builders, we have all read the same old threads that are repeated every time they get a chance. It really gets old hearing the same old **** from the same people. I agree if you had multiple problems with a sponsors trans. that you would be pissed, especially if it cost you money, but if that trans. builder tried to make it right and work with the customer with correcting the problem I really don't see a problem. I know I will get toasted on this post, and I really don't give a ****! I mean no disrespect to anyone, but it just gets old reading all the intentional bashing that goes on. If you have a problem with a company or product just post up in the sponsor feedback section. I also see a lot of stuff get deleted from this site by sponsors that should stay for the sake of all of us, the poor man with an expensive hobby. The bottom line is if you have a problem with a sponsor or product post up in the proper section, if your a sponsor you should reply and not delete the post.
Thats so very true..... I am so tired on one or two people that have to make sure that every chance they get, they will bash on someone they don't like.

Kinda like this ....... v v v v v v ........ Come on dude, it gets annoying.

Originally Posted by ski23
FLT all the way. After doin the trans swap shuffle several times with the "other" guys garbage, we said F#$# it and went with a "known" performance trans (FLT) and WHAT A DIFFERENCE. The car has actually made it more than 30 miles. pulls WAY harder, shifts WOT and normal driving are a ton better. Great guys at FLT, awesome customer service and they build the trans right the first time. I sure wish I could get reinbursed for my labor and personal time on swapping "other" guys garbage transmissions.
Old 03-10-2008, 09:00 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by jessedale98
There was a big discussion about 2-3 weeks ago about an angry customer going through 3 transmissions. You should read it.
Good luck finding it......funny how those always disappear. I'm not trying to single anyone out, but when people are spending that kind of money they should know the good and the bad. It was a very angry thread, but under the circumstances I believe it was justified.
Old 03-10-2008, 09:33 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by crazylane
Thats so very true..... I am so tired on one or two people that have to make sure that every chance they get, they will bash on someone they don't like.

Kinda like this ....... v v v v v v ........ Come on dude, it gets annoying.
HA, it gets old to you because obviously YOU GOT LUCKY with the trans you have.
Old 03-10-2008, 09:58 PM
9 Second Club

Hey frank at performabuilt is the bomb 10.30s with the level 2 transmisson shooting for low 10s or hight 9s this weekend. This tranny performs flawless and I have several of my frIends here is missourI running the same tranny. HERE IS THE 10.66 RUN WITH NO HOOKING UP

Last edited by dnkynrbk; 03-10-2008 at 10:05 PM.
Old 03-10-2008, 10:06 PM
11 Second Club

^^^ he speaks the truth. sik car.
Old 03-10-2008, 10:06 PM
Launching!

I do!
Old 03-10-2008, 10:23 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by ski23
HA, it gets old to you because obviously YOU GOT LUCKY with the trans you have.
Well from what all I could remember of that thread that got deleted... You might not of had any luck,,, But You still shouldn't have gone about it the way you did.
Old 03-10-2008, 10:23 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 79 Likes on 56 Posts
LS1Tech 10 Year

Originally Posted by Cchris1109
Performabuilt hands down
Originally Posted by 87gnx
+1 for Performabuilt.
Originally Posted by Cchris1109
i bought the stage 3, https://ls1tech.com/forums/forced-induction/878111-well-here-final-setup-parts-ordered-arrived-very-excited.html this is my build.

the way i see it, spend the extra 700 for the top stage you will never have to worry about that transmission again.

dont cheap out on a viable part on your car. even if youre putting down 450 *par say* wouldnt you like the insurance knowing the transmission can handle anything you do to it for only 2200 dollars compared to 1500 dollars for a stage 1 ? not to mention its 400 dollars off the stage 3!
Originally Posted by transamfreak01
yeah ill be going with a performabuilt lv3 soon just waitng collecting the money
Originally Posted by 383lt1impala
performabuilt level 2 here and it was one of the best mods i done to the car!
Originally Posted by jitsumania
Performabuilt level 2 here. Car has forged LS1, AFR ported heads and ported FAST intake with Nick Williams TB with speed density tune EFI live, with a ton of bolt on stuff and yank 3600 matted to the performabuilt. The tranny and converter combo are awesome. This is my daily driver and runs great for DD duty with level 2.
Originally Posted by Travis99LS1
performabuilt...10K miles on my'n and still going strong (knock on wood)
Originally Posted by BOA279
Performabuilt
Originally Posted by GoFast908Z
Performabuilt without a doubt!

I have their level 1 and its holding up perfectly to full bolt ons + 150 shot of nitrous!!!!

My level 3 just arrived a few day ago and will be going behind my 427 stroker motor soon!
Originally Posted by SVT THIS
If I had to do a transmission over again I would go with a 4L80e from performabuilt or another shop on here that is a sponsor (I can't remember the shops name but the member's name on here who represents them is Ratchethed or something very similar to it). Both were more than willing to offer services and information when I needed it but at the time they were a little to rich for my blood. In hindsight, going to one of them first instead of rebuilding a
4L60e, building a 'built' 4L60e, swapping a 4L80e and now really building a 4L80e, it probably would have saved me some money. BUT, then I wouldn't have learned anything and wouldn't be able to keep you from spending $k's you don't have too
Originally Posted by sp00rkz
+213402934 performabuilt.

Best customer service and best parts ever.

have the lvl2 +3500 stall for little over a year with 0 problems and great performance.
Originally Posted by Sinister95Z
I recently bought my first built 4L60E from Performabuilt. The motor and tranny are still waiting to be installed in the car, but I can say the customer service is top notch. They answered every question I had and stand behind thier product.
Originally Posted by Giddswat
There are a lot of head hunting bitches out there in reference to Trans. builders, we have all read the same old threads that are repeated every time they get a chance. It really gets old hearing the same old **** from the same people. I agree if you had multiple problems with a sponsors trans. that you would be pissed, especially if it cost you money, but if that trans. builder tried to make it right and work with the customer with correcting the problem I really don't see a problem. I know I will get toasted on this post, and I really don't give a ****! I mean no disrespect to anyone, but it just gets old reading all the intentional bashing that goes on. If you have a problem with a company or product just post up in the sponsor feedback section. I also see a lot of stuff get deleted from this site by sponsors that should stay for the sake of all of us, the poor man with an expensive hobby. The bottom line is if you have a problem with a sponsor or product post up in the proper section, if your a sponsor you should reply and not delete the post.
Originally Posted by boola1341
Originally Posted by crazylane
Perform here, and lovin it.... They do great work, and there customer service can't be beat by anybody else....
Originally Posted by BJSS25
+1 for Performabuilt Stage 2. Holding around 600HP,lol.
Originally Posted by dnkynrbk
Hey frank at performabuilt is the bomb 10.30s with the level 2 transmisson shooting for low 10s or hight 9s this weekend. This tranny performs flawless and I have several of my frIends here is missourI running the same tranny. HERE IS THE 10.66 RUN WITH NO HOOKING UP
^^^ he speaks the truth. sik car.
Originally Posted by BlackZ28629
I do!
Thanks again guys we do our very best for you all and are really happy to see results like this

Frank at PerformaBuilt

Call 888-744-6542

Old 03-10-2008, 10:24 PM
TECH Fanatic

Performabuilt lvl 2 here. Took alot of beating last year with my pt4000 that never locked and just sent my converter back to yank to get it fixed so the lockup will work. Should have it back in the car this week. Some o-ring was torn in the converter. As far as my tranny its seen some good street action/lots of hotlaps at the track and has performed great.
Old 03-10-2008, 10:33 PM
Teching In

I got a PerformaBuilt Level 2 so far awsome. Havent had it long but 1000 mile to date beating the crap outta it

Quick Reply: Who has the best built 4L60's?