Automotive News, Media & Press Television | Magazines | Industry News

Lets HELP GM

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2009, 09:37 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by slowec
You guys suck. maybe you'll get put on restriction and I won't have to read your selfish and immature garbage. Sorry I ask. With fans like you guys, no wonder GM is going bankrupt!
You got us all wrong. We LOVE GM, we don't like the UAW and feel they should spend more time letting GM run their company and less time lobbying for things in washington that give Unions more power over companies.
Old 05-27-2009, 09:44 PM
On The Tree

You guys suck. maybe you'll get put on restriction and I won't have to read your selfish and immature garbage. Sorry I ask. With fans like you guys, no wonder GM is going bankrupt!
It was just a really awful idea. You win some; you lose some.
Old 05-27-2009, 09:57 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I really LOVE GM well.... BUT I also SEE the handwriting on the wall at this point.

IF the UAW really cared.... they would be willing to accept an offer that is line with the GM debt holders. They won't and there is no reason GM debt holders should have to take less on a percentage basis than the UAW.

GM is going to go in to bankruptcy one day next week.... I am very doubtful of their long term survival at this point.
Old 05-27-2009, 11:14 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I think at this point if I was going to buy a car I would go Ford. I would have never thought that they would survive this debacle.
Old 05-28-2009, 12:05 AM
TECH Fanatic

Union workers are way overpaid for the work they do....well should I say the work the machines basically do all of now days.....

I love it when union works bitch on the news about stuff.....bottom line is your job is not that hard and you are over paid....My dad who works at Lockheed (non union worker thank god) works as hard if not harder then the union workers there and gets piad less....just saying

Not saying I hate union's just hate how dam greedy and un willing to make reasonable deals they are.

I am with the rest, I love GM but the people running it into the ground should all be fired or had there head removed out of there asses...maybe GM would not be in the huge **** hole they are in.....
Old 05-28-2009, 02:57 AM
On The Tree

Default Reply

Well I think that we should put everything into perspective. I am pretty well up there in my years and have seen a lot of presidents come and go. I cannot ever remember that an outgoing President didn't leave some sort of recession onto the new President. Yes even Clinton left a recession to George W. Bush. George W. Bush left a recession onto Obama. Usually after a couple of months the new President brings everything into perspective and we get out of the recession. This is pretty much the norm. Obama came on board because of the help of the UAW and corrupt outfits like ACORN, SEIU and the other 268 plus organizations that all funnel money to the main headquarters which is ACORN. Does anyone really know where this money really comes from? It comes from WASHINGTON via us the taxpayers.This was incorporated in the very first Stimulus bill that Obama had to have passed in a HURRY otherwise we are going to fail. This Stimulus bill was designed to give people jobs. Ya Right. The only jobs that were made were in WASHINGTON. WHY? To payback the people that helped get him elected. This also included the UAW who supported him. This Acorn group, guess what? He was the Attorney that helped start the ACORN organization and all it's affiliates which we the taxpayers fund. Also the Stimulus bill was well over a 1,000 pages long and had to be passed in 5 days and which NOBODY even read. Not even Obama. Since when does the so called LEADER of our country NOT read a bill before he signs it? Evidently we have one now. Does anyone here sign a contract before they read it? I know that I sure as hell don't. I want to know what I am signing my name to. Obama came on board scaring everybody that THIS Stimulus bill had to be passed. Consequently people stopped spending. Because people stopped spending, not many cars were being sold. Chrysler and GM (now Government Motors) started to get in real deep trouble. Along came Obama and gave them money (our money) to bail them out. I should really say he wanted to save the UAW who helped get him elected. This is who he REALLY wanted to save. Then he went on to bail out our financial institutions like AIG. Again the taxpayers money. Obama could not let AIG fail. They gave him money to get him elected. The head of AIG was working for $1.00 a year. I believe his name was Mr. Liddy? He testified before Congress and was raked thru the coals. I myself would have told Obama that he can shove the job up his ***.
Now back to the Auto industry. He met with GM CEO Rick Wagoner and fired him. WTF? He was gone the next day. Fired. What this is ladies and gentlemen is nothing but a big power play at the expense of us the taxpayers. He is concentrating on large groups of people that helped get him into office. This is HIS payback to them. In turn he is hoping to get these same groups to help him get elected in 2012. POWER IS THE NAME OF THE GAME. Since when does the Government have to get involved in the Auto Industry and the financial institutions? That my friends is not the job of our government. The Auto industry and the financial institutions wouldn't be in this MESS if Obama didn't come on board and scare everyone. Because he scared everyone, people stopped spending. People stopped buying automobiles. People started watching how much they were traveling. Everyone started watching how much gas they were buying. It's a funny thing though, everyone used to blame George W. Bush for the gas prices going to well over $4.00 a gallon. They blamed him because he USED to own oil wells and these same critics figured that George W. Bush owed his allegiance to the oil industry. Has anyone noticed how the price of gas is increasing rapidly now. Guess what. George W. Bush is no longer our President. Ladies and gentlemen we are in some DEEP ****. What we have to do is get rid of Obama, Biden, Pelosi, Reid, Barney Frank, and Christopher Dodd. These are our real problems. And what does everyone think about the remark that Pelosi made? The CIA is lying to Congress. BOY, that is a nice CIA moral booster isn't it? Ladies & gentlemen it is now 3:30AM and I do have to get some sleep. The REAL problem is what we have now in the White House and some members of Congress. We are so far in debt that I really do not know when our grand children will be able to dig themselves out. It is only going to get worse. Oh, where are all of these jobs that the Stimulus bill was supposed to create? The only ones that I see is in Government. When Obama was campaigning at Caterpillar he specifically said that he was going to put back the jobs that Caterpillar had to lay off. Guess what? Obama got in. Caterpillar laid a whole lot more OFF. Where ARE THESE JOBS that the Great Mesiah was going to create? Sorry about this big rant of mine but I had to get this off of my chest. Obama and his Administration IS OUR PROBLEM. They MUST go.
Thanks for listening to me and I tried to put everything into perspective the way that I see it and I do follow Politics rather heavily.
Rich
Old 05-28-2009, 09:08 AM
Staging Lane

^^^^

I agree.

Its a sad day in this nation when people look past the viewpoints and moral beliefs of a nominee, but instead vote based on the color of ones skin.

1/2 Kenyan
1/2 Caucasian

Think about it.
Old 05-28-2009, 09:15 AM
TECH Enthusiast

God I really hate when people call him the first African American Pres. His mom was white his dad was black, It would be different if both his folks were from Kenya. When will we have the first German American President?
Old 05-28-2009, 12:13 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by PopaPork
God I really hate when people call him the first African American Pres. His mom was white his dad was black, It would be different if both his folks were from Kenya. When will we have the first German American President?
lol....we just had some German Heritage Presidents......

Originally Posted by wiki
Presidents with maternal German ancestry include Richard Milhous Nixon (Nixon's maternal ancestors were Germans who anglicized Melhausen to Milhous).[52] Other presidents with one or more German ancestors include John Tyler, George W. Bush, George H. W. Bush, and Theodore Roosevelt.
Ole, "tricky dick" was of German decent. How bout some Irish Presidents?

Originally Posted by yahoo answers
The first, iirc, was Andrew Jackson, followed by James K Polk, James Buchanan, Andrew Johnson, Chester Arthur, William McKinley, Woodrow Wilson and Harry S Truman. Ronald Reagan was of Catholic Irish ancestry (originally O'Reagan) but his family converted to Protestantism after moving to America.
I think we could use a few more Protestant Irish Presidents IMO. After all, the last president that did the MOST for the country was Protestant Irish, why not get another one?
Old 05-28-2009, 02:38 PM
TECH Enthusiast

[QUOTE=ToBiN!;11667662]lol....we just had some German Heritage Presidents.....

But when we will start saying they are our First German American, Irish American, Polish American Pres????
Old 05-28-2009, 03:24 PM
TECH Fanatic

Careful.... this thread will get closed for being too political.

My 1500th POST!!!!!!!!
Old 05-28-2009, 03:40 PM
WANNABE GENIUS

Originally Posted by ToBiN!
^^^^

I agree.

Its a sad day in this nation when people look past the viewpoints and moral beliefs of a nominee, but instead vote based on the color of ones skin.

1/2 Kenyan
1/2 Caucasian

Think about it.
I think you can hardly speak for people that voted for Obama and I dont think thats the direction this thread needs to head in
Old 05-28-2009, 03:42 PM
WANNABE GENIUS

Originally Posted by SlvrV6Camaro
Union workers are way overpaid for the work they do....well should I say the work the machines basically do all of now days.....

I love it when union works bitch on the news about stuff.....bottom line is your job is not that hard and you are over paid....My dad who works at Lockheed (non union worker thank god) works as hard if not harder then the union workers there and gets piad less....just saying

Not saying I hate union's just hate how dam greedy and un willing to make reasonable deals they are.

I am with the rest, I love GM but the people running it into the ground should all be fired or had there head removed out of there asses...maybe GM would not be in the huge **** hole they are in.....
What deals have we not been agreeable on? Im just curious. How bout we hear some facts to support your claim. Pay, benefits, agreements, and how bout ya tell us about this machinery that does all the work to? You seem to have quite a headstrong opinion.
Old 05-29-2009, 09:48 AM
TECH Veteran

http://money.cnn.com/2009/05/29/auto...ion=2009052905

Yup let's cry for the UAW its not like they got superior benefits to like half the nation and got ~28 dollars an hour for wages.

With insurance factored in its probably more like 35 or more dollars an hour,
Old 05-29-2009, 11:19 AM
On The Tree

$0.88 cents on the day before bankruptcy I wouldn't be surprised if it hits $0.10 by Monday. I think I have helped GM enough by only buying from them, and what do I have to show for it? 4 cars worth F*%K ALL that have a host of problems with each. What goes around comes around!
Old 05-29-2009, 02:19 PM

The shares could be worthless once GM goes into bankruptcy probably on Monday June 1. I've lost all shares of my Circle K stock when they went into bankruptcy a few years back.
Old 05-31-2009, 06:32 AM
10 Second Club

What if we all bought GM shares as a show of support and financial backing. It could only help and if they pull out we might make a little money. If every Tech member bought 20 shares, think what an impact and what a statement it would make. In short, quit telling me how great your LSX is, and DO something for the company who brought it to you!!!
20 shares? LMFAO!!!!! best laugh i've had in a while.
Old 06-01-2009, 07:32 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I wonder how silly Slowec feels right now.
Old 06-01-2009, 06:12 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by PopaPork
I wonder how silly Slowec feels right now.
We all make stupid posts once in a while man
Old 06-02-2009, 12:30 PM
TECH Apprentice

What if we all bought GM shares as a show of support and financial backing. It could only help and if they pull out we might make a little money. If every Tech member bought 20 shares, think what an impact and what a statement it would make. In short, quit telling me how great your LSX is, and DO something for the company who brought it to you!!!
Is this a joke or are you just an idiot?

Sorry, didn't mean to offend you.

Quick Reply: Lets HELP GM