Automotive News, Media & Press Television | Magazines | Industry News

Lets HELP GM

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2009, 10:10 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Lets HELP GM

What if we all bought GM shares as a show of support and financial backing. It could only help and if they pull out we might make a little money. If every Tech member bought 20 shares, think what an impact and what a statement it would make. In short, quit telling me how great your LSX is, and DO something for the company who brought it to you!!!
Old 05-23-2009, 10:31 PM
Launching!

you want us to bump up your falling shares so you can sell before bankruptcy? No.

Assuming there was even enough purchasing power on this site to drive the price of their stock of course.
Old 05-23-2009, 10:37 PM
Launching!

We did something for them, we have to pay for the bail out money they are taking now only to file bankruptcy later on and not have to pay it back. Chrysler just did the same thing. I expect Gm to do the same very soon.
Old 05-24-2009, 11:13 AM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by HPT BANDIT
We did something for them, we have to pay for the bail out money they are taking now only to file bankruptcy later on and not have to pay it back. Chrysler just did the same thing. I expect Gm to do the same very soon.
DITTO!! Chrysler doesn't have to pay back our tax money and GM is going to follow suit. Don't forget the $7.5B that GMAC just got. Yeah, I'd say we've helped them out plenty. Plus, 20 shares each Tech member?!? PLEASE!! GM stock closed at $1.43 on friday - that's only $28.60 per member. Do you really think that going to do anything??? LOL

Oh, and I did help out last year buying a 2008 HHR SS. What did you buy??
Old 05-24-2009, 11:32 AM
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

So your suggesting that we all make a horrible financial decision to show our support of a company that is being forced into bankruptcy? Time to wake up to reality my friend.
Old 05-24-2009, 01:10 PM
TECH Veteran

I have only ever owned GM cars my entire life.

Wasn't that support?
Old 05-24-2009, 01:21 PM
TECH Enthusiast

gee, why help THEM when they dont help ME?!

a few years ago i had a GTO that was having problems keeping the rear cradle aligned. i put BRAND NEW tires on the rear and had the rear cradle aligned and everything according to GM SPECS! in 5K miles or LESS the insides of my rear tires were BALD.

I'll **** in a box before i'll help GM out of anything.
Old 05-24-2009, 01:22 PM
TECH Regular

Exclamation

LOL.. so look at these numbers...

133,216 Members as of 5/24/09 @ 2:15PM

$1.43 per share @ 20 shares per member = $28.60

Would come to a total of $3,809,977.60

3.8 million would barely phase the stock, let alone do anything to improve GM.

Hell, why would you want to give 3.8 million to GM, I can think of a lot of people/foundations that could use 3.8 million dollars.

Why should I give any more money to a company that can not manage its own debt... in the long run we (tax payers) are the ones who are going to be paying for their bankruptcy.

GM
Old 05-24-2009, 01:35 PM
TECH Regular

I've supported GM all my life by buying their vehicles. Haven't bought a new vehicle that wasn't GM.

I've overlooked having to fix and upgrade rear axles, change out shocks by the end of warranty, change out engines before the end of warranty due to sleeves falling out, replace expensive injector and "distributor" assemblies, fix intake gaskets that split apart, and replace transfer case control modules & encoder motors.

I made the decision to buy GM vehicles based on the styling and powertrains, knowing full well that I would have to finish the engineering of the drivetrain. I'm doing all I can to support them. When it comes to my investment dollars, there are a few places I'll put my money before GM. Heck, on the eve of bankruptcy I think buying beer with the money would be a better investment. You know the current administration is going to force all stockholders, bondholders, and creditors to take pennies on the dollar like they are doing with Chrysler.
Old 05-24-2009, 05:10 PM
10 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

"Lets HELP GM"

Ok, I'll get a shovel and start digging a grave.
Old 05-24-2009, 06:44 PM
TECH Fanatic

I would have maybe considered buying GM stock at one point.... but with their bankrupty all but certin..... I wouldn't buy it now.

In a bankrupty.... stockholders are LAST in line IF they were to actually go into a C7. (The stock at that point would be worthless. GM simply has too much debt for it to be worth anything if their C11 becomes a C7.)

And I don't think taxpayers should be sinking anymore into GM either.

Ford may surrvive IF it can stay out of bankruptcy... but as much as I hate to say it..... GM and Chrysler are almost certin to fail at this point.
Old 05-24-2009, 06:56 PM
Staging Lane

you want to do GM a favor ?? Start protesting the UAW right infront of the the plants in michigan
Old 05-25-2009, 08:36 PM
TECH Junkie

Coup de Grace...

That is all...

**** GM.
Old 05-25-2009, 08:46 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 7th Darkness
LOL.. so look at these numbers...

133,216 Members as of 5/24/09 @ 2:15PM

$1.43 per share @ 20 shares per member = $28.60

Would come to a total of $3,809,977.60

3.8 million would barely phase the stock, let alone do anything to improve GM.

Hell, why would you want to give 3.8 million to GM, I can think of a lot of people/foundations that could use 3.8 million dollars.

Why should I give any more money to a company that can not manage its own debt... in the long run we (tax payers) are the ones who are going to be paying for their bankruptcy.

GM
Damn for that kind of money I could build a way nicer 6th gen Camaro...
Old 05-25-2009, 08:54 PM
***Repost Police***

Originally Posted by slowec
What if we all bought GM shares as a show of support and financial backing. It could only help and if they pull out we might make a little money. If every Tech member bought 20 shares, think what an impact and what a statement it would make. In short, quit telling me how great your LSX is, and DO something for the company who brought it to you!!!
I have nothing to add to any of the other statements in this thread except this...
Old 05-25-2009, 09:43 PM
On The Tree

Send money to another government institution? No thanks.
Old 05-25-2009, 09:45 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Razorecko
you want to do GM a favor ?? Start protesting the UAW right infront of the the plants in michigan
That might have helped 30 years ago. Its too late now. Hopefully they do the smart thing and file Chapter 11 and come back stronger from it WITHOUT the UAW, but we can only hope.
Old 05-25-2009, 09:53 PM
Banned

If you bought money in stock it would all be gone... The CEO has clearly stated that bankruptcy is the only real option
bankruptcy = stocks gone
you = shafted
Old 05-25-2009, 10:26 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Razorecko
I hate the UAW. It was a good idea, right until they started paying a no diploma, no degree, ignorant guy the same wages as a freeking doctor to put A screw into hole B.

When unions stood up for the worker and the hours workers worked, that was grand. Now they screw the companies by arguing for outlandish wages they pay these people for doing the most simple mundane tasks.
Old 05-26-2009, 12:05 AM
WANNABE GENIUS

Originally Posted by ToBiN!
I hate the UAW. It was a good idea, right until they started paying a no diploma, no degree, ignorant guy the same wages as a freeking doctor to put A screw into hole B.

When unions stood up for the worker and the hours workers worked, that was grand. Now they screw the companies by arguing for outlandish wages they pay these people for doing the most simple mundane tasks.
People like you guys are ridiculous. You dont have the first clue what youre even talking about. I fail to see how $14hr is in any way shape comparable to a college educated wage. People like you seem to love this delusion of a world of CEOs and Board of Directors without any understanding or belief in the workers that build and produce tangible products in this country.People have to have money and we cant live in a world with out gas station workers or electricians or people to pick up garbage. They deserve to paid a living wage

Quick Reply: Lets HELP GM