Automotive News, Media & Press Television | Magazines | Industry News

Lets HELP GM

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2009, 12:41 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ToBiN!
You need to read up on what these guys make for putting in a dash, or putting on a fender per hour. Its truly is ridiculous, as you put it.

Making over $40 - $60 per hour, just to install a fender. Are those fair wages? Apparently the UAW doesn't think so becuase they are always fighting for more. I say the auto companies need to ditch the UAW out of their system and reset their wages to a reasonable level. $40 per hour to install a dash of fender is not a resonable level. Maybe $14 -$20 as you prescribed above is fair. But then, if they get a degree or further their education, they could move up to a managment position of some sort for about $25-$40 per hour, help pay for that degree and all.

Otherwise, if they are just out of high school, or just off the street with no degree and only public education, paying minimum wage is definitely fair! After all, their education was given to them, they didn't have to pay for it. Now, out of public school, its time to work for your money kiddies. Mommy and daddy isn't going to be supporting you anymore and damn straight its nobodies responsibility in this country to support your lazy *** either. If you want to make the big bucks, take the motivation to get higher education then what was given to you. Don't fall back on your UNION to get your raise. Show your employer why you DESERVE a raise. One deserves a raise from good work, motivation, initiative and skill, NOT because they are a member of a UNION.

Unions are crap. One good idea gone horribly wrong and will end up being the fall of this country.
agreed, for the crazy money GM has been paying its unionized workers... you'd think the fender to door gaps in my fourth gen would at least look like they were aligned properly. Truth of the matter for years those union ******** have been ******* not only the company, but apparently america as well. When GM is under 6 feet, I won't hop aboard the Ford train either, I will buy a new pair of Nike's.
Old 06-02-2009, 12:57 PM
TECH Enthusiast

^^Like I said in another thread, this will soon catch up to the gov't too, they are just as bad as the big three were with the UAW. Full benefits, full insurance, etc. and work like fat pigs, there are three people doing the job that one person could easily do. The US Gov't doesn't have a leg to stand on when they go around telling the big three they did wrong, they are just as bad and they will feel the hurt sooner than they think. I worked for the state for 3 years before i finally got sick of the bullshit and just plan lazy people at the NYSDOT. I have to work for my retirement and invest for my retirement, I also have to pay for my benefits, let them do like the rest of the US does, nobody should get full benefits when they retire, that is just ludicrous
Old 06-02-2009, 02:21 PM
WANNABE GENIUS

Originally Posted by phirepower
agreed, for the crazy money GM has been paying its unionized workers... you'd think the fender to door gaps in my fourth gen would at least look like they were aligned properly. Truth of the matter for years those union ******** have been ******* not only the company, but apparently america as well. When GM is under 6 feet, I won't hop aboard the Ford train either, I will buy a new pair of Nike's.
Yes, living wages, health insurance, and retirement plans are real screw jobs on behalf of American workers. Nothing more pathetic then one worker telling another what they are worth in society. And even better the "hard" worker proclaiming everyone else but themselves are lazy. That one never gets old.

You want to know whos been screwing GM? Look in the mirror first, then your govt 2nd. We're not giving up health care because our govt says its"too hard"to fix. That makes up an enormous cost. And how bout the millions of dollars to CEOs and execs and all the other bonuses taken home by salary for a job terribly done. Want to see GM minus the UAW go down to Mexico and see a brand new factory with no parking lot because the workers dont earn enough to even afford a car.
Old 06-02-2009, 04:34 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Everybody has an opinion... Can't take that away.
Old 06-11-2009, 12:04 AM
On The Tree

Default Reply

Originally Posted by 1970camaroRS
"Lets HELP GM"

Ok, I'll get a shovel and start digging a grave.
You don't have to. Obama, Biden, Pelosi, Barney Frank, Christopher Dodd & Harry Reid have already began to dig our graves WITH THE HELP OF THE UAW. A neighbor of mine worked for Bendix Corporation in Teaneck, NJ. They are or should I say were a supplier for Government Motors. He and his wife both worked for Bendix and retired from there. Both are getting lucrative pensions from Bendix. They both belong to a Union. Yes you guessed it the UAW. Just yesterday on their way back from a union meeting they stopped at my house and told me that Bendix Corporation has shut down, closed the doors and laid off the remaining 130 employees. The way that I look at it the UAW is screwing other UAW members. Of course he will not admit that he voted for Obama and made a mistake.
So 1970 CamaroRS put away your shovel. The grave is already being dug for you and all the rest of us that that didn't support the great Mesiah. This administration is all about POWER and is going to control everything that we do. He is even going to tell us what kind of cars we have to drive. And if we don't want to drive the cars that he wants us to, he will raise the price of gas by way of taxes in order to force us to drive more efficient cars.
Rich
Old 06-11-2009, 01:05 PM
11 Second Club

This is the end.... my only friend, the end....
Old 06-12-2009, 10:02 AM
TECH Junkie

Let the UAW die and then we can support GM...until then GM can eat **** and go bankrupt.

W
Old 06-12-2009, 04:54 PM
WANNABE GENIUS

Originally Posted by TURBO BUICK
You don't have to. Obama, Biden, Pelosi, Barney Frank, Christopher Dodd & Harry Reid have already began to dig our graves WITH THE HELP OF THE UAW. A neighbor of mine worked for Bendix Corporation in Teaneck, NJ. They are or should I say were a supplier for Government Motors. He and his wife both worked for Bendix and retired from there. Both are getting lucrative pensions from Bendix. They both belong to a Union. Yes you guessed it the UAW. Just yesterday on their way back from a union meeting they stopped at my house and told me that Bendix Corporation has shut down, closed the doors and laid off the remaining 130 employees. The way that I look at it the UAW is screwing other UAW members. Of course he will not admit that he voted for Obama and made a mistake.
So 1970 CamaroRS put away your shovel. The grave is already being dug for you and all the rest of us that that didn't support the great Mesiah. This administration is all about POWER and is going to control everything that we do. He is even going to tell us what kind of cars we have to drive. And if we don't want to drive the cars that he wants us to, he will raise the price of gas by way of taxes in order to force us to drive more efficient cars.
Rich

The UAW didnt shut their doors down. They were once profiting businesses that can no longer turn a profit because American business brain washed people like you to believe that cheaper is better and investment is the wave of the future rather then work. People like you in turn voted for people that passed legislation to aid companies that take our jobs over seas and agree to unfair trade policies. What comical is that you actually have gull to blame american workers for this.

Last edited by wannabess00; 06-12-2009 at 05:13 PM.
Old 06-12-2009, 09:28 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 7th Darkness
Why should I give any more money to a company that can not manage its own debt... in the long run we (tax payers) are the ones who are going to be paying for their bankruptcy.

GM
Was reading an article the other day saying that the bankruptcy will end up costing the tax payer's roughly 60 billion dollars. Funny thing is they were asking for less than that and would have been able to pay it back since most of the changes this "bankruptcy" is enforcing were already taking place.
Old 06-12-2009, 09:29 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Gaunt
This is the end.... my only friend, the end....
Random, but the Camaro really loves listening to the Doors
Old 06-14-2009, 02:21 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by wannabess00
The UAW didnt shut their doors down. They were once profiting businesses that can no longer turn a profit because American business brain washed people like you to believe that cheaper is better and investment is the wave of the future rather then work. People like you in turn voted for people that passed legislation to aid companies that take our jobs over seas and agree to unfair trade policies. What comical is that you actually have gull to blame american workers for this.
WannabessOO, first of all did I say that the UAW shut their doors down? 2nd of all NOBODY INCLUDING YOU brainwashes me. The UAW WAS BRAINWASHED BY OBAMA. Had the great Mesiah left the auto industry alone they still would have gone into bankruptcy but would have reorganized under Chapter 11. What the hell kind of Government takes over the Auto Industry, the Financial Institutions and the Insurance industries? Obama came on board and scared everyone and said that the Stimulus Bill had to be passed and Congress had to do it in 5 days. NOBODY including Obama even read the entire Stimulus Bill. Then Obama even fired the CEO of the now Government Motors over night. You sir tell me what right the Government has in running a private industry? What right does the Government have in appointing approximately 20 so called CZARS and even this number is climbing on a daily basis. Yes he is creating jobs. In Government is where he is creating them so he can have control and the more jobs he creates the better chance he has of winning in 2012. The name of the game is POWER. Besides isn't the title CZARS what is used in a Communist Country? Besides who do you think is paying for these so called CZARS? Just in case you don't know who is paying for these CZARS let me tell you. WE ARE and SO ARE OUR CHILDREN AND GRAND CHILDREN going to pay in the future. And I am sorry to say YOU WILL ALSO be paying. Obviously YOU are happy with the way the country is running now that the anointed one is in. YOU are happy that you are on that freight train to disaster. Well I will tell you that I am not happy with this Government. I am not happy with a so called Leader of our once Great Country that lies to the American people. I am not happy with a Speaker OF The House that says that the CIA lied to her. You probably think that remark by Pelosi was a moral booster. Well I do not. You also probably are in agreement that the GITMO detainees should be released. Well I am in agreement with that as long as they are released in Obama's neighborhood, Pelosi's neighborhood, Biden's neighborhood (After all that would be the Patriotic thing to do wouldn't it)?. Yes and since you are such a great supporter of the Great One some should also be released in your neighborhood. Hey what the hell you can always make friends with them. You might even talk them into joining the UAW. The worse thing that can happen is that they will only come back and kill you. No big deal though.If you like the way our Government is taking us on a freight train to disaster so be it. You wanted CHANGE? YOU GOT IT. BIG TIME. If you like living in a country that the the Administration hasn't any respect for our Military or even us the American people ,fine. You have your ideals and I have mine. I want to live in a country that the Government isn't telling us what we HAVE TO DO, what we HAVE TO DRIVE, who they can fire (Rick Wagoner comes to mind) and one that doesn't tell the Banks, Insurance Industry, and the states that they HAVE to take the Bailout money. Isn't this what they call EXTORTION? Then when the Banking Industry wants to pay back this Bailout money the Federal Government says that they can't pay it back. Oh, I almost forgot. Now Obama, your great Mesiah wants to tax the poor ole Farmers that have cattle that farts. WTF? Now, do you know why the UAW is getting such a bad rap? They are the ones that got together and backed Obama. Now you are the one that is pissed off because the UAW is getting criticism. You really don't care about all the hard working people, the Military that protects YOUR *** and mine, the CIA that extracts info from the TERRORISTS in order to protect your ***. All you are concerned about is is sticking up for Obama and the UAW. You Sir are like a race horse with blinders on. (Trotter) You can figure for yourself what part of the horse you are. Have a nice day.
Rich
Old 06-14-2009, 03:28 PM
Launching!

[QUOTE=TURBO BUICK;11753369]WannabessOO, first of all did I say that the UAW shut their doors down? 2nd of all NOBODY INCLUDING YOU brainwashes me. The UAW WAS BRAINWASHED BY OBAMA. Had the great Mesiah left the auto industry alone they still would have gone into bankruptcy but would have reorganized under Chapter 11. What the hell kind of Government takes over the Auto Industry, the Financial Institutions and the Insurance industries? Obama came on board and scared everyone and said that the Stimulus Bill had to be passed and Congress had to do it in 5 days. NOBODY including Obama even read the entire Stimulus Bill. Then Obama even fired the CEO of the now Government Motors over night. You sir tell me what right the Government has in running a private industry? What right does the Government have in appointing approximately 20 so called CZARS and even this number is climbing on a daily basis. Yes he is creating jobs. In Government is where he is creating them so he can have control and the more jobs he creates the better chance he has of winning in 2012. The name of the game is POWER. Besides isn't the title CZARS what is used in a Communist Country? Besides who do you think is paying for these so called CZARS? Just in case you don't know who is paying for these CZARS let me tell you. WE ARE and SO ARE OUR CHILDREN AND GRAND CHILDREN going to pay in the future. And I am sorry to say YOU WILL ALSO be paying. Obviously YOU are happy with the way the country is running now that the anointed one is in. YOU are happy that you are on that freight train to disaster. Well I will tell you that I am not happy with this Government. I am not happy with a so called Leader of our once Great Country that lies to the American people. I am not happy with a Speaker OF The House that says that the CIA lied to her. You probably think that remark by Pelosi was a moral booster. Well I do not. You also probably are in agreement that the GITMO detainees should be released. Well I am in agreement with that as long as they are released in Obama's neighborhood, Pelosi's neighborhood, Biden's neighborhood (After all that would be the Patriotic thing to do wouldn't it)?. Yes and since you are such a great supporter of the Great One some should also be released in your neighborhood. Hey what the hell you can always make friends with them. You might even talk them into joining the UAW. The worse thing that can happen is that they will only come back and kill you. No big deal though.If you like the way our Government is taking us on a freight train to disaster so be it. You wanted CHANGE? YOU GOT IT. BIG TIME. If you like living in a country that the the Administration hasn't any respect for our Military or even us the American people ,fine. You have your ideals and I have mine. I want to live in a country that the Government isn't telling us what we HAVE TO DO, what we HAVE TO DRIVE, who they can fire (Rick Wagoner comes to mind) and one that doesn't tell the Banks, Insurance Industry, and the states that they HAVE to take the Bailout money. Isn't this what they call EXTORTION? Then when the Banking Industry wants to pay back this Bailout money the Federal Government says that they can't pay it back. Oh, I almost forgot. Now Obama, your great Mesiah wants to tax the poor ole Farmers that have cattle that farts. WTF? Now, do you know why the UAW is getting such a bad rap? They are the ones that got together and backed Obama. Now you are the one that is pissed off because the UAW is getting criticism. You really don't care about all the hard working people, the Military that protects YOUR *** and mine, the CIA that extracts info from the TERRORISTS in order to protect your ***. All you are concerned about is is sticking up for Obama and the UAW. You Sir are like a race horse with blinders on. (Trotter) You can figure for yourself what part of the horse you are. Have a nice day.
Rich[/QUOTE

AMEN you should run for senate!
Old 06-14-2009, 03:49 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Any of you thinking GM would have reorganized under chapter 11 without government assistance is just flat WRONG. There is NO ONE that could/would have been willing to take such a risk. GM's debt was simply too large for anyone else to have done so.

With out the government asistance.... GM would have been forced into chapter 7.

If the economy wasn't as bad as it is.... Bush would have let GM fail back in November.

Of course IF the economy wasn't as bad as it is.... GM may not have needed help... they had started to turn the company around just when the ecconomny went bust and credit dried up.

BTW.... it isn't just GM and Chrysler.... Even Toyota has losses. Ford is still bleeding $$$$$$$$$$ and will soon be at the bailout trough IF things don't improve soon.... which there hasn't been any improvement of any real measure in the economy.

I'm hardly blinded by the messiah.... but without government assistant GM would be history.

I don't have a problem with the US government loaning GM money BUT the BAD news here is all the meddling that Obama is doing. It's going to result in a new GM making fuel efficient cars that no one will want.

I don't have anything against fuel efficient cars.... but when they turn out to be the sorry pieces of I know they will.... well.... let's say we will see GM bailout 3.0 somewhere in the near future.

GM will be on government life support from this point forward.

Last edited by wabmorgan; 06-14-2009 at 03:58 PM.
Old 06-14-2009, 07:08 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by wabmorgan
Any of you thinking GM would have reorganized under chapter 11 without government assistance is just flat WRONG.
They were in process of reorganizing the entire structure of GM long before the economy took a dive. The first CTS back in 2003 was the beginning of GM's turnaround, and granted they weren't making money yet, but they were losing less. Had they gotten the bailout this year, when the UAW took over retirement fees next year, they may have never needed a bailout at all. However those are all if when scenario's and the reality is GM and Chrysler have declared bankruptcy, and until further notice belong to Obama's cabinet. Buh bye cars that will sell, hello to more Cavalier clones.
Old 06-14-2009, 08:46 PM
On The Tree

Default Reply

Wabmorgan, I really don't have that much of a problem with our government loaning GM money in order to help them succeed in building the automobiles that we want to drive, but I do have a problem when our government gives bailout money to them and because of GM taking that money Obama can come in and OVERNIGHT fire Rick Wagoner who was the CEO. That is where I have a problem. Our government is now dictating every thing in our lifes. They are firing CEO'S, telling us what we have to drive, telling our hard working farmers that if their cattle expels gas they are considering a $20 tax per head if they have a cow or horse that blows a fart. This is a government that is totally out of control. I remember back years ago our government gave a loan to Chrysler and under the leadership of Lee Iacocca pulled Chrysler out of a financial mess. But at the same time the government didn't go in and start firing the CEO of Chrysler like Obama did with GM. He is flying all over the world on his "APOLOGY TOUR". He is telling Communistic countries like Venezuela that we should have treated them differently. Why doesn't he go over to North Korea now and tell Kim Jon Il how sorry he is on how the USA is treating North Korea? Obama would be lucky if he made it out of North Korea alive.
Now Wabmorgan I gather that you are presently serving in the Military since you are stationed on the USS Enterprise. I wish to thank you and every other man and woman that is serving in the Military and keeping all of us safe here at home. A GREAT BIG THANK YOU GOES OUT TO YOU AND EVERY MAN AND WOMAN SERVING IN OUR MILITARY. I just wish that our present administration had the same respect for our Military like President George W. Bush had. Whether a person liked President George W. Bush or not NOBODY can't say that he didn't respect our Military. You and all the men and women in the Military are always in my prayers.Stay safe Buddy.
Rich
Old 06-14-2009, 08:56 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by wannabess00
I dont have to read up. I am UAW so why dont you stop with the facts optional ranting. The old tier scale paid workers that amount that have been their for years. Back in the days where you graduated and got a job unlike the spoiled brats today that think a college degree is a title of nobility. And anyone who doesnt have one is lazy

The new workers now hiring in, thanks to the new agreements, starts workers out at $14hr. You just made that $40-60 number up outta thin air and I have no doubt you've never liked unions for any real reason and therefore will tell any lie to prove your point. YOU FAIL
I've seen you deny claims over and over regarding pay rates. Post up what a UAW worker earns per hour, but include all the **** that normal people don't get for free (health care, pension, etc.). I guarantee it isn't the $14/hour you are claiming it is.

Yes, the average worker takes a hit on their earnings to pay for medical insurance. You don't. The average worker has to contribute part of their gross or net earnings (depending on the plan) to a retirement plan. You don't. I work in the office for a union electrician shop, and I know their pay is much higher than the $30/hour a journeyman sees on his/her paycheck...

And in an attempt to stay slightly on topic, the OP is absolutely brilliant. I sincerely hope he reproduces on a massive scale so this country can become populated with brilliant people like him.
Old 06-14-2009, 09:21 PM
On The Tree

Default Reply

Chevydan, thanks for having faith in me. I worked in County Government and rose up through the ranks by way of Civil Service tests. The only way that I could have gone to a higher position is by getting involved in Politics. I ran a Department of about 150 sworn officers. I had a budget that I had to follow. We could not go over that budget unless we had a damn good reason and even then it had to be approved by the higher ups. When times were bad we had to tighten our belts. We did not go on a "Wild Spending Spree" like Obama did within his first 2 months. This is why everyone is so scared to go out and buy major items like cars, trucks, furniture, homes etc. Consequently you have small and even large business' closing shop or going out of business altogether. We are in sad shape and don't really know what is in our future and that is why people are hanging onto what money they have. I would love to go out and buy a new Cadillac CTS-V or even the new 2010 Camaro SS but I won't.
Sorry about my ranting. Getting back to your original comment on me running for Senator. Not my bag. I cannot be a phony and go around kissing babies and telling the parents how pretty their babies are etc. I tell it as I see it, like it or not. Even with some members of my own family. Politicians like to tell people what they think the people would like to hear in order to get elected even though they are going to do entirely the opposite. Obama definitely falls into this category. Thanks for your confidence in me.
Rich
Old 06-14-2009, 10:34 PM
12 Second Club

i dont get into a whole lot of technical stuff...statts and all..but as far as chrysler is concerned...has anybody priced a new 4x4 dodge ram quad cab? **necessity up here in ft.drum with 4 kids* a NEW one's window sticker is just a shade over 40K !!!! i mean WTF?
We all know that the economy blows..seriously just go look in the For Sale section..cars that were going for 12K+ are now lucky to scrape 8K...EVERYBODY is hurting..EVERYBODY!!
So what will it take for the BIG THREE to get it through their damn heads that when the economy BLOWS as it currently does..that those of us who work our ***** off to get by or maby get ahead a LITTLE bit..simply CANNOT AFFORD to go out and spend $40K on a damn truck...or Challenger...or SS Camaro...sure we all would love to be able to afford one..we all want whats best for our families and to provide better..but how the hell can they bitch about repeated slumping sales when the economy has gone to ****..and they are charging half the price of a HOME for A SINGLE VEHICLE????
I dont blame anybody individually for this economy...but jesus THEY NEEED to SELL new Cars and Trucks...but we simply cannot afford them with the current cost of living and GAS PRICES!!!!
what ever happinned to a good solid vehicle car/truck for a good price? i'm sorry but as long as the big three are asking that kinda money for a base model 4x4 quad cab truck they are going to continue to lose business and sales will fall...and gas prices need to come back down so we can afford to go places and do things with our families and friends. Yes we all need reliable vehicles but damnit man i dont know too many people who can just up and pony up 40K for a damn truck or an SS ...and if you could afford one you cant afford the damn fuel to go anywhere in it..
I personally will not buy anything else other than GM or DODGE..not in the land of 4x4's anyways..my cars ie: fun will always be GM..but this whole bankruptcy **** is on them...this whole website is a loyal following and there are other websites out there that are GM specific as it is..we have been supporting GM for a hell of a long time...not to mention all the aftermarket companies who have taken their time and money for R&D to help the GM products along so that we all can go out and enjoy the vehicles that much love..I love my GM's i always have and always will..but the current economy we are in simply does not allow for us to back them financially with purchases...when they want your freakin kidney for a vehicle and then expect you to sell off your liver for gas to drive it..it simply does not make any damn sense to me...
Old 06-14-2009, 11:54 PM
On The Tree

Default Reply

Black FormulaLS1, Buddy I feel for you because you are definitely not alone. People do not know if they are going to have a job. Everyone is on edge and just does not want to spend money especially if they are not sure of having a job. Now that Chrysler has dropped 779 Franchises and GM is dropping almost half of their Franchises you are not going to have the competition that you once had. You had dealers that were close together that would actually compete against each other as far as price goes. In order to stop that competition the manufacturers are dropping dealerships that are close together. There isn't going to be this competition. The dealers figure that if you want the car, there it is. Here is the price.They figure that you aren't going to drive that extra 35 or 40 miles to the next dealership. We are in a sad, sad mess. What is the solution? For starters, Get Obama, Biden, Pelosi, Harry Reid, Barney Frank, Christopher Dodd out of office. They aren't looking out for you. They are looking out for themselves. My wife will actually shut the TV off when Obama or Speaker of the House Pelosi is on for fear that I may get too excited and bust this heart aneurysm that I have. I have never,ever been this way no matter what political party is in office but we are near the bottom of the pits right now. EVERYBODY is complaining. Republicans and Democrats alike. We are in a dictatorship right now. Good luck to you Buddy but you are not alone.
Rich
Old 06-15-2009, 03:02 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by TURBO BUICK
We are in a sad, sad mess. What is the solution? For starters, Get Obama, Biden, Pelosi, Harry Reid, Barney Frank, Christopher Dodd out of office.
^^^^Agreed.... best words I've seen here in awhile.

Quick Reply: Lets HELP GM