Automotive News, Media & Press Television | Magazines | Industry News

GM "Repays" Gov Loan 5 Years Ahead of Schedule

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2012, 08:12 AM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

GM, which has repaid $8.1 billion of government loans, still owes about $25 billion, according to a Treasury spokesman.
That couldn't be! We learned from this thread that GM has repaid already...

Old 04-08-2012, 05:49 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by It'llrun
That couldn't be! We learned from this thread that GM has repaid already...

You know some people might read your posts and mistake you for a petty, ignorant troll.
Some may draw the conclusion that you are a miserable little ******* that likes to instigate others to make up for your own empty existence.
And for certain like in your real life most will agree you add nothing.
Old 04-10-2012, 09:58 AM
12 Second Club

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by 7998
You know some people might read your posts and mistake you for a petty, ignorant troll.
Some may draw the conclusion that you are a miserable little ******* that likes to instigate others to make up for your own empty existence.
And for certain like in your real life most will agree you add nothing.
I concur.
Old 04-10-2012, 10:22 AM
TECH Addict

You guys who lack the intelligence to debate do yourselves no justice by immediately resorting to personal attacks.

Prove my comment, which quoted the latest article added, to be incorrect.... or just attack me since you can't do that. Seriously, knowing you can't win a debate is NOT a legitimate reason to go after another member on a personal basis. Besides, you guys rarely add anything significant yourselves(I've seen none, actually), so to call me out is basically the pothead calling the pot, high...

Finally, quit yer snivlin' girls...
Old 04-10-2012, 10:52 AM
12 Second Club

Or you can learn reading comprehension. Now get back under your little bridge.

ABC News reports, “General Motors today repaid $8.1 billion in government loans, five years ahead of schedule and nine months after the troubled auto giant declared bankruptcy, signaling that the auto maker may be on the path to profitability.” Announcing the payment to a plant full of GM workers, Chairman Ed Whitacre (who, we should note, was a retired phone company man last June) announced, “As of today, GM has repaid in full and interest the loans made last July by the U.S. Treasury and Export Development in Canada.”

The development does not mean that taxpayers have gotten back every dime put into America’s largest automaker. The AP notes, “The U.S. government still owns 61 percent of GM,” with the Canadian government retaining a much smaller share. The government gave GM $8.1 billion in loans, and spent about $45.3 billion buying majority ownership of the new company as it emerged from bankruptcy. The government will get that money back only if it can sell the stock at a profit when GM finally goes public, at a date that has a yet to be determined.
http://usnews.rankingsandreviews.com...5-Years-Early/
Old 04-10-2012, 11:26 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by ss1129
Or you can learn reading comprehension. Now get back under your little bridge.

http://usnews.rankingsandreviews.com...5-Years-Early/
Thanks for the link... Of course, it has really little or nothing to do with what I quoted, except that it is in line with the other... Move along and you might save yourself from looking like "that" guy you've shown us so far... I fully doubt you're capable, but at least I've let you know(again)...

BY THE WAY... You merely proved me correct by adding in another quote of truth... So why you'd call me names and cry like a little BITCH is unknown... Are you a little BITCH?

I also find it rather humorous that you'd even try to question my reading comprehension... That simply shows you know that you are, once again, the loser of the debate. It's okay though... We're used to that from you.
Old 04-10-2012, 11:44 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

I'm surprised that people actually believe that GM repaid all of their obligations to the Federal Government. Then again, the IQ of this forum has been on a steady decline for the past few years, so anything is possible.
Old 04-10-2012, 12:52 PM
12 Second Club

They repaid the loan. The gov bought a large amount of gm as well as the loan. Was it that hard to read?
Old 04-10-2012, 02:16 PM
TECH Addict

They repaid the loan. The gov bought a large amount of gm as well as the loan. Was it that hard to read?
It isn't about what is so hard to read. As you attempted to claim about others, this is all about COMPREHENDING reality. Reality IS that GM still owes some $25 billion... (up to 34B by some accounts).

It's not about what you think, because you constantly and conveniently forget reality when it shows even the slightest negativity about that with which you are enthralled... In this case, you don't want anyone to state the truth about the GM company if it also includes anything negative in your mind...

NEWSFLASH(back) FOR IDIOTS: General Motors Corporation has NOT REPAID all of its bail out loans. ANYONE who claims otherwise is either a liar or an idiot! Well, maybe both. GM "borrowed" something on the order of fifty billion dollars, not 8.1!

Here's a "succinct" wrap up from the left... I noted it's from the left because I realize that most idiots love the left instead of what's right...

http://www.aolnews.com/2010/11/18/gm...h-did-it-cost/ (AOL NEWS is the Huff & Puff Post).

Here's another bit of news for the blind... Sorry, you'll notice it's not in braille... http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2010...bailout-money/

Even CNN has a clue... http://money.cnn.com/news/storysuppl...ailouttracker/

More from the Huff & Puff ... http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/0..._n_560198.html

I realize they're flying by very quickly, but TRY HARD to latch onto a clue!
Old 04-10-2012, 03:07 PM
12 Second Club

Again we OWN a large chunk of GM. OWN being the key word. They paid back the loan part.

However the government still OWNS part of GM. Again OWNS being the key word.

Borrow $50 from someone, but only use $20 and give them back $30....you still paid back $30 of the fifty you borrowed, it doesnt matter where it comes from. You can gripe and cry all you want, but GM is #1 again and it probably gets your panties in a bunch that a bailout company can produce a slower heavier more expensive car than the mustang and still beat it in sales.
Old 04-10-2012, 03:27 PM
TECH Regular

You guys who lack the intelligence to debate do yourselves no justice by immediately resorting to personal attacks.

Prove my comment, which quoted the latest article added, to be incorrect.... or just attack me since you can't do that. Seriously, knowing you can't win a debate is NOT a legitimate reason to go after another member on a personal basis. Besides, you guys rarely add anything significant yourselves(I've seen none, actually), so to call me out is basically the pothead calling the pot, high...

Finally, quit yer snivlin' girls...
My point is this. Every thread in regards to GM you feel it necessary **** and whine about something. Whether it is the Volt, Bailouts, new product, etc..
You don't offer an objective opinion to the subject, you flame and troll.

Do you have an FHA loan? a Credit card? Do business with a bank? Because all of them have taken a bailout, Ford has taken a bailout.
http://www.thetruthaboutcars.com/201...ilout-of-ford/

We could have bailed out 5 GM's for the cost of 1 AIG.
I'll have to look up how many people GM employs versus AIG and the amount of jobs each company supports from their business.
http://projects.propublica.org/bailout/list
GM is in 1st place again and making a profit every quarter.
Freddie Mac, Fannie Mae and AIG have to repay each and every man, woman and child in this country $790 in unpaid TARP funds. I have 5 in my household so that's $3500.

The bottom line is your unabashed hatred of all things GM is tiring.
Oh and based on your PM, I got to say I feel sorry for you. I didn't realize you would be so upset and hurt over my post. But then again I didn't care.
Old 04-10-2012, 04:00 PM
TECH Fanatic

Freddie Mac, Fannie Mae and AIG have to repay each and every man, woman and child in this country $790 in unpaid TARP funds. I have 5 in my household so that's $3500.
Not to throw the thread off topic, but can you tell me more about this?
Old 04-10-2012, 04:01 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Ford took a loan, not a bailout. This has been covered a million times already, and there is a big difference between those two terms.
Old 04-10-2012, 04:54 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by 1961ba427
Not to throw the thread off topic, but can you tell me more about this?
I posted the link in the thread.
Originally Posted by Z Fury
Ford took a loan, not a bailout. This has been covered a million times already, and there is a big difference between those two terms.
LOANa : money lent at interest b : something lent usually for the borrower's temporary use
a : the grant of temporary use b : the temporary duty of a person transferred to another job for a limited time
A mere technicality IMO. But I'm not really interested in discussing the Ford vs. GM Bailout/Loan. I am happy both of them seem to be healthy.
If GM hadn't been loaned/bailed out we would be in a lot worse shape than we are.

Last edited by 7998; 04-10-2012 at 06:10 PM.
Old 04-10-2012, 04:55 PM
TECH Addict

Again we OWN a large chunk of GM. OWN being the key word. They paid back the loan part.

However the government still OWNS part of GM. Again OWNS being the key word.

Borrow $50 from someone, but only use $20 and give them back $30....you still paid back $30 of the fifty you borrowed, it doesnt matter where it comes from. You can gripe and cry all you want, but GM is #1 again and it probably gets your panties in a bunch that a bailout company can produce a slower heavier more expensive car than the mustang and still beat it in sales.
You're really just not worth the time.

My point is this. Every thread in regards to GM you feel it necessary **** and whine about something. Whether it is the Volt, Bailouts, new product, etc..
You don't offer an objective opinion to the subject, you flame and troll.

Do you have an FHA loan? a Credit card? Do business with a bank? Because all of them have taken a bailout, Ford has taken a bailout.
http://www.thetruthaboutcars.com/201...ilout-of-ford/

We could have bailed out 5 GM's for the cost of 1 AIG.
I'll have to look up how many people GM employs versus AIG and the amount of jobs each company supports from their business.
http://projects.propublica.org/bailout/list
GM is in 1st place again and making a profit every quarter.

The bottom line is your unabashed hatred of all things GM is tiring.
Oh and based on your PM, I got to say I feel sorry for you. I didn't realize you would be so upset and hurt over my post. But then again I didn't care.
I wasn't pissing or whining about anything SISTER... YOU were! Get off my nuts with those little dick beaters... I'm not interested in your stinky ***.

Ford didn't take a bailout. Ford took a CONVENTIONAL LOAN which is something all 3 of the BIG 3 have done for nearly a century. The terms were VERY different and Ford Motor Company didn't "give America" shares of itself. The loan Ford got was also not done under TARP, which WAS the bailout, by definition! Still, you're making like a 5yr old ... pointing and crying out, "Bu bu bu but... SHE DID IT TOO!" Cryin' ***..

Don't make like the liberal IDIOTS and point to OTHER BAD to make this bad look good... That's kindergarten ****... In the real world, 2 wrongs are still both wrong. Get over it. GM borrowed BILLIONS MORE Than it has repaid, period.

If you think I have "unabashed hatred" for all things GM, clearly you haven't read much of my commentary over the past... roughly 10yrs. The Corvette(ZO6 specifically) is my favorite production vehicle and has been for years. I've probably owned more GM's than you and I own one right now... You don't know that because nobody held your hand and took you to see it... **** off, little boy.
Old 04-10-2012, 04:56 PM
TECH Addict

A mere technicality IMO. But I'm not really interested in discussing the Ford vs. GM Bailout/Loan. I am happy both of them seem to be healthy.
If GM had been loaned/bailed out we would be in a lot worse shape than we are.
Ahhh... Now we really get to see it... "The TRUTH"... a mere technicality...
Old 04-10-2012, 05:54 PM
12 Second Club

I was actually hoping for a gm bankruptcy to **** the uaw over a little bit harder.
Old 04-10-2012, 06:08 PM
TECH Regular

You're really just not worth the time.

SISTER... YOU were! Get off my nuts with those little dick beaters... I'm not interested in your stinky ***.

Ford didn't take a bailout. Ford took a CONVENTIONAL LOAN which is something all 3 of the BIG 3 have done for nearly a century. The terms were VERY different and Ford Motor Company didn't "give America" shares of itself. The loan Ford got was also not done under TARP, which WAS the bailout, by definition! Still, you're making like a 5yr old ... pointing and crying out, "Bu bu bu but... SHE DID IT TOO!" Cryin' ***..

Don't make like the liberal IDIOTS and point to OTHER BAD to make this bad look good... That's kindergarten ****... In the real world, 2 wrongs are still both wrong. Get over it. GM borrowed BILLIONS MORE Than it has repaid, period.

If you think I have "unabashed hatred" for all things GM, clearly you haven't read much of my commentary over the past... roughly 10yrs. The Corvette(ZO6 specifically) is my favorite production vehicle and has been for years. I've probably owned more GM's than you and I own one right now... You don't know that because nobody held your hand and took you to see it... **** off, little boy.
Oh you are so mad.
Whats up with all the "Dick, ***, Nuts, ****, and Little boy " stuff?
Old 04-10-2012, 06:15 PM
TECH Addict

Oh you are so mad.
Whats up with all the "Dick, ***, Nuts, ****, and Little boy " stuff?
I already told... Sit back and think of over. Ask for help after you've actually tried.

You haven't seen me mad, ever. I don't get mad over anything said online and rarely anything said in the real world... I toy with the kids... You're the kid today.

PS... Do you think there will be a time when you address the issue rather than attack the other people?
Old 04-10-2012, 06:16 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I was actually hoping for a gm bankruptcy to **** the uaw over a little bit harder.
Yeah, **** the working man.

Quick Reply: GM "Repays" Gov Loan 5 Years Ahead of Schedule