Automotive News, Media & Press Television | Magazines | Industry News

an EXCITING new.....Kia? YES

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2010, 02:13 PM
***Repost Police***

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by bearcatt
I hate to admit but those Frontier's with the V6/6speeds are kicka55 trucks.
I've driven one and those things moveout pretty good. There are also plenty out thier with 100K+ miles on them too.

I wish GM would take thier 5.3L equipped V8 Colorado and offer it with a 6speed. That would be awesome.

Agreed. I was also looking at the Colorado/Canyon back in '05 as well, but besides the fact that I think they are ugly as sin (personally), it just wasn't fun to drive. I was coming from a car to a truck out of necessity, so I wanted as little penalty as possible. An automatic 5cyl truck isn't gonna do that.
Old 07-03-2010, 02:27 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Irunelevens
Agreed. I was also looking at the Colorado/Canyon back in '05 as well, but besides the fact that I think they are ugly as sin (personally), it just wasn't fun to drive. I was coming from a car to a truck out of necessity, so I wanted as little penalty as possible. An automatic 5cyl truck isn't gonna do that.

The Colorado isn't rated real high, gee I wonder why ? ( sarcastic )
I've read in a couple of automotive article blogs that the Colorado and Canyon might eventually be discontinued.

If I needed a large truck I certainly would consider a Silverado.

Kia and Hyundai ... there is just no way I would even think of buying one of those.

Old 07-03-2010, 02:32 PM
***Repost Police***

If you asked me 3 years ago, I would get a Silverado/Sierra hands-down if I wanted a 1/2 ton truck. But the new Ford/Dodge entries look pretty damn good too...
Old 07-03-2010, 02:33 PM
10 Second Club

Thumbs up

It perplexes me the lack of patriotism when it comes to automobiles. I'll support and keep my money in the USA thankyou.
While it seems to be quite an unpopular sentiment these days, I agree, it perplexes me as well.
Old 07-03-2010, 02:49 PM
TECH Fanatic

If you asked me 3 years ago, I would get a Silverado/Sierra hands-down if I wanted a 1/2 ton truck. But the new Ford/Dodge entries look pretty damn good too...

My Dad has an 05 Dodge Ram Bighorn edition and he loves it.
His has the 4.7 overcam motor in it. He hasn't had a lick of trouble with it. He's retired and doesn't drive it too much, just local and some longer trips.
I myself have apprehension about Dodge as a company.

The truth is the Ford trucks are probably the best. They definetly have the best frames, chassis and body. The Triton motor and the latest 5 speed automatic tranny is damn hard to beat. At the L.A. auto show the had a cutaway of the complete truck. World class without a doubt.
The main thing that bothers me about the Ford is the complexity and longterm cost of ownership once the warranty runs out. The drivetrains on those are alot more complex than the Chevy Silverado.

What I like about the Chevy Silverado is simplicity. Tried and true simple single cam pushrod LS type motors, tried and true automatic trannies.
Lots of parts and aftermarket, easy to work on.

After having my Firebird for three years, I've come to really like GM's V8 powered vehicles. I drove my Firebird from Pasadena California to Beaumont, Houston, Austin, Dallas, Arlington Texas and back, total trip 3600 miles.
Average 27mpg, 30mpg at best on the hwy, 80, 90 + mph for hours at a time in the Texas heat.
I ran that poor little car for 27+ hours ( in the heat ) nonstop except for gas and restroom stops.
I just love these GM products... : )

Did I mention I wouldn't buy a Kia of Hyundai. lol

Old 07-03-2010, 02:52 PM
***Repost Police***

I drove my Firebird from Pasadena California to Beaumont, Houston, Austin, Dallas, Arlington Texas and back, total trip 3600 miles.
Average 27mpg 30 mpg at best on the hwy, 80, 90 + mph for hours at a time in the Texas heat.

Did I mention I wouldn't buy a Kia of Hyundai. lol

That's what got me liking the '07+ GM trucks/SUVs. Rented an '07 Suburban to help move my sister out to Los Angeles, and drove there and back (with a week there in the middle) in the middle of the summer fully loaded in absolute comfort. It was at least 12453275734125415324612% better than GM's previous offerings.
Old 07-03-2010, 03:02 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by LS1LT1
While it seems to be quite an unpopular sentiment these days, I agree, it perplexes me as well.

From what I've recently read on various car websites... The future for American cars look real good.

Old 07-03-2010, 03:11 PM
TECH Fanatic

That's what got me liking the '07+ GM trucks/SUVs. Rented an '07 Suburban to help move my sister out to Los Angeles, and drove there and back (with a week there in the middle) in the middle of the summer fully loaded in absolute comfort. It was at least 12453275734125415324612% better than GM's previous offerings.

2007+ was a major improvment for GM. The hydroform frame technoledgy on thier chassis, interior finishes, body fit and finish is much improved.
It's amazing how an early 2007 is a completely different truck from a late model 2007.

A couple of my neighbors have later Suburbans, they are sharp looking vehicles.
One of neighbors has the flexfuel model.

Moved your sister out to Los Angeles... I hate to say it but she must be a glutton for punishment. lol. My wife and I are considering a move out of here. I really like Texas but we want to look around other places too.

I meant to ask, how was the fuel mileage on the Suburban ?

Sorry to get off topic.

Old 07-03-2010, 03:12 PM
***Repost Police***

She was going to law school at Loyola in downtown LA... she took a leave of absence after the first year and moved out with her friend to New Jersey
Old 07-03-2010, 03:18 PM
TECH Fanatic

She was going to law school at Loyola in downtown LA... she took a leave of absence after the first year and moved out with her friend to New Jersey

I've heard of Loyolla Law School, it's supposed to be very good.

I have to ask, does your sister like it in DTLA ?
Did she like N.J. ?

Old 07-04-2010, 01:39 AM
***Repost Police***

I've heard of Loyolla Law School, it's supposed to be very good.

I have to ask, does your sister like it in DTLA ?
Did she like N.J. ?

She did one year in law school and decided that it wasn't for her...
Old 07-04-2010, 02:42 AM
TECH Fanatic

She did one year in law school and decided that it wasn't for her...
I see, it's a small world these days, I've been in Texas and you guys have been down here.

Thanks for answering my curious questions, I'll try to keep this on topic.

I still won't buy a kia or hyundai. I'm going to a buy few parts for da bird. lol

Quick Reply: an EXCITING new.....Kia? YES