Automotive News, Media & Press Television | Magazines | Industry News

GM stepping up!! Z06X and Camaro SSX coming!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2010, 06:42 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

I THINK ITS A GREAT IDEA. probably wont be a great price though.
Old 11-03-2010, 07:03 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 31 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by Blakbird24
The car hasn't even been tested and you're already getting all Mustang-protective?

Pro-mustang much?

Like I said I-don't-know-how-many-times before...this is going to be the norm now...back and forth. With the SSX and Z28, GM will take the lead from the Mustang GT Track and GT500 for a year. Next year Ford will have something to up the ante and take the lead back...and so on and so forth. While i'm definitely partial to the Camaro, i'm not going to sit here and cry about whether it's fastest or not.

Its an opinion...Pro GM much? I mean you are already defending the thing without any serious testing...look who is protective,huh?

I dont think Ford needs any "protecting", they are doing quite fine so far.
Old 11-03-2010, 08:24 PM
***Repost Police***

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The car hasn't even been tested and you're already getting all Mustang-protective?

Pro-mustang much?

Like I said I-don't-know-how-many-times before...this is going to be the norm now...back and forth. With the SSX and Z28, GM will take the lead from the Mustang GT Track and GT500 for a year. Next year Ford will have something to up the ante and take the lead back...and so on and so forth. While i'm definitely partial to the Camaro, i'm not going to sit here and cry about whether it's fastest or not.
We don't have any idea how the GT500/Z28 comparo is gonna turn out. And the SSX and Z06X are likely going to have very heavy price premiums over their standard counterparts. So I doubt a Mustang GT is going to have much to worry about.
Originally Posted by chaman
Its an opinion...Pro GM much? I mean you are already defending the thing without any serious testing...look who is protective,huh?

X2 . And now I'm gonna get called a Ford nut-swinger
Old 11-03-2010, 08:26 PM
Restricted User

Nice try.

I am "pro-GM"...but that doesn't mean that I can't appreciate what Ford has done. I simply correctly pointed out that YOU were the one defending a car before you know the details.

Nice attempt at a reversal though. You may want to work on your delivery before the next try.

Originally Posted by Irunelevens
X2 . And now I'm gonna get called a Ford nut-swinger
Long dead horse. No sense in adding another bat to that beating.
Old 11-03-2010, 08:32 PM
***Repost Police***

Somebody will do it.
Old 11-03-2010, 09:24 PM
TECH Veteran

Nice try.

I am "pro-GM"...but that doesn't mean that I can't appreciate what Ford has done. I simply correctly pointed out that YOU were the one defending a car before you know the details.

Nice attempt at a reversal though. You may want to work on your delivery before the next try.

Long dead horse. No sense in adding another bat to that beating.

Correcting me?? LOL! If that makes you happy, fine with me, fanboy! For what is worth, you can not correct an opinion!! Apparently I did got it back to you, effectively I might add.

Obviously you have reading comprehension problems, friend. What car was I defending?? As I recall it was you calling me a Pro-Mustang just because I think the Mustang is a better deal? Aint you the one doing a typical fanboy nonsense whining?? It seems so! LOL!!

Its okay maybe the little camera option got you all excited! LOL!!
Old 11-03-2010, 10:12 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Besides the "track ready", "lightweight components" and "more horsepower" talking, what are their exact specifications and price? Until I dont see any of that I would refrain to cal them "stepping up".
Originally Posted by justin455
My thoughts exactly.
Originally Posted by SSNISTR
+1. Seems to me it will be a bunch of overpriced parts you can order from the catalog....

+3...GM ought to just hire LS1 Tech members to demonstrate how to accomplish such a feat on a budget. Awe hell, what was I thinking? They'd still probably take our affordable solution & mark it up to some ridiculous number.
Old 11-04-2010, 08:44 AM
mcG
TECH Resident

holy crap that vette is ugly. did you see the spoiler?
Old 11-04-2010, 09:01 AM
ZMX
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by mcG
did you see the spoiler?
Yep. Looks great.
Old 11-04-2010, 09:10 AM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Have you seen the new brembo brakes on those corvettes? Friggin 6 piston b.a. I love me some corvettes. B-E-A-UTIFUL lol
Old 11-04-2010, 02:34 PM
***Repost Police***

Originally Posted by mcG
holy crap that vette is ugly. did you see the spoiler?
Funny story... there's this thing called downforce, and when a car is being driven around a track with turns, a spoiler like that helps create downforce. Which helps the car stick to the track better.
Old 11-04-2010, 02:41 PM
TECH Junkie

that vette is sick.. i don't know what some of you people are smoking.
Old 11-04-2010, 03:07 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by LS1-450
+3...GM ought to just hire LS1 Tech members to demonstrate how to accomplish such a feat on a budget. Awe hell, what was I thinking? They'd still probably take our affordable solution & mark it up to some ridiculous number.
If you examine the list of "options" you will see that there is nothing out of the ordinary. In fact Im sure a better performance vehicle could be built by a member here and come out with a more affordable ride. Also this is a concept not a production vehicle. Mustang has an already in production vehicle to offer.

The Camaro platform needs a complete from the ground up update to stay competitive in the game.
Old 11-04-2010, 03:57 PM
Restricted User

Correcting me?? LOL! If that makes you happy, fine with me, fanboy! For what is worth, you can not correct an opinion!! Apparently I did got it back to you, effectively I might add.

Obviously you have reading comprehension problems, friend. What car was I defending?? As I recall it was you calling me a Pro-Mustang just because I think the Mustang is a better deal? Aint you the one doing a typical fanboy nonsense whining?? It seems so! LOL!!

Its okay maybe the little camera option got you all excited! LOL!!
Wow.

If you examine the list of "options" you will see that there is nothing out of the ordinary. In fact Im sure a better performance vehicle could be built by a member here and come out with a more affordable ride. Also this is a concept not a production vehicle. Mustang has an already in production vehicle to offer.

The Camaro platform needs a complete from the ground up update to stay competitive in the game.
And i'm a fanboy?

Awesome.

For the record, i'm not the one repeatedly promoting a car that has nothing to do with the subject of the thread. You really epitomize the definition of "fanboy" with these posts of yours.

I'll tell you what - when you can hold a conversation like an adult, and muster an argument composed of intelligible points as opposed to random personal insults, i'll listen. Until then, i'm not wasting any more of my time on you.

Last edited by Blakbird24; 11-04-2010 at 04:03 PM.
Old 11-04-2010, 04:25 PM
TECH Veteran

Wow.

And i'm a fanboy?

Awesome.

For the record, i'm not the one repeatedly promoting a car that has nothing to do with the subject of the thread. You really epitomize the definition of "fanboy" with these posts of yours.

I'll tell you what - when you can hold a conversation like an adult, and muster an argument composed of intelligible points as opposed to random personal insults, i'll listen. Until then, i'm not wasting any more of my time on you.
You could have been more honest and just say that you LACK any valid arguments to continue the conversation, its okay it happens.

Ill tell you what, you wont be missed in this argument since you failed to provide any useful information on the subject. Just review a couple of posts and you will find that most guys in the thread share my view. It seems that frustration got the best of you.
Old 11-04-2010, 04:32 PM
Restricted User

You could have been more honest and just say that you LACK any valid arguments to continue the conversation, its okay it happens.
How about you do the crowd a favor and explain what exactly this "argument" is about?

I would if I could, but i'm at a loss as to what you claim you are discussing here. All i've seen so far is one opinion "backed up" with a bunch of personal insults. Is that what you refer to as a "discussion"?
Old 11-04-2010, 04:39 PM
TECH Junkie

some of you should STFU and stay on topic.
Old 11-04-2010, 04:43 PM
TECH Veteran

The crowd is now represented by you?? If you have failed to understand the thread then there is little I, or anyone could do for you, son. Ill tell you what, stick to your plan of staying out of the thread.

BTW, let me remind you how things went down:

1. News of a concept Camaro track ready car are posted.

2. I point out no real specs are available. (the majority seems to agree) Then I put forward my OPINION that the Mustang option (which is already in production) probably is a better deal.

3. You enter the thread and start calling me a "Pro-Mustang" whatever with a lot of attitude. Who came out like a fanboy again?

Is that clear or would you need a diagram, maybe a flowchart?? I suggest you keep to simpler threads then, go easy on yourself.
Old 11-04-2010, 04:49 PM
Restricted User

BTW, let me remind you how things went down:

1. News of a concept Camaro track ready car are posted.

2. I point out no real specs are available. (the majority seems to agree) Then I put forward my OPINION that the Mustang option (which is already in production) probably is a better deal.

3. You enter the thread and start calling me a "Pro-Mustang" whatever with a lot of attitude. Who came out like a fanboy again?
You did. Let me remind you with proof of what got you started on this keyboard-toughguy tangent.

Good. Price? I have a feeling the Mustang is still a better alternative.

Pro-mustang much?

From THAT POST, you ended up where you are now. The prosecution rests.

Originally Posted by sidewayz28
some of you should STFU and stay on topic.
Chaman - i'm going to take this guys advice...I think everyone would appreciate if you did too.
Old 11-04-2010, 04:57 PM
TECH Veteran

Rest my case, your hopeless.

No I will voice my opinion and comment on the thread at hand, or any other thread. Now for the sake of everyone else, if ignoring your non sense means you will indeed stay out; I will happily comply.

Quick Reply: GM stepping up!! Z06X and Camaro SSX coming!!