Automotive News, Media & Press Television | Magazines | Industry News

GM stepping up!! Z06X and Camaro SSX coming!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2010, 09:37 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i was keeping up with those 2 cars on lsxtv.com on facebook (if you have facebook like them to get all their awesome posts really cool stuff). But both cars are sexy i love em both. I am PRO GM and always will be i HATE ford i have respect for their cars that deserve respect but i will never own a ford EVER, thats just how i am when i love something i will hate the competetor of it. I think of it as a serious relationship, I wouldnt cheat on the one i truly love haha.
Old 11-06-2010, 11:06 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Lol @ chaman posting about the car at hand along with a comparison to its competition and blakbird comes with nothing but a personal attack, then claims to be right? Right about what you brought nothing to the thread but an off topic attack with no information as usual.
Old 11-06-2010, 12:07 PM
Douchebag On The Tree

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by 88blackgt
Lol @ chaman posting about the car at hand along with a comparison to its competition and blakbird comes with nothing but a personal attack, then claims to be right? Right about what you brought nothing to the thread but an off topic attack with no information as usual.
I agree with this guy...and that scares me.
Old 11-07-2010, 05:46 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Dam some people on here. All this pmsing...... I think the SSX & ZO6X are sick cars. For all of you saying you can just go buy the parts instead yea maybe. But you can say that for a lot of other cars available...... Have fun installing the parts or paying for the installment? That's like saying the new 302 Boss is pointless because its pretty much a 2011 GT with better aerodynamics, suspension, & beefed up engine? That car was built for road racing performance on the streets. I think GM def should make something like these two cars... At least make the Z28 with some of the SSX parts to make it lighter & have better performance for the street & track.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xZuPp7CAJf4
Old 11-07-2010, 10:02 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 31 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by 88blackgt
Incredible, isn't??

Anyway I just decided to include this guy here:

Old 11-07-2010, 10:06 AM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by DoggyB22
Dam some people on here. All this pmsing...... I think the SSX & ZO6X are sick cars. For all of you saying you can just go buy the parts instead yea maybe. But you can say that for a lot of other cars available...... Have fun installing the parts or paying for the installment? That's like saying the new 302 Boss is pointless because its pretty much a 2011 GT with better aerodynamics, suspension, & beefed up engine? That car was built for road racing performance on the streets. I think GM def should make something like these two cars... At least make the Z28 with some of the SSX parts to make it lighter & have better performance for the street & track.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xZuPp7CAJf4
Agree with you...BUT, I bet the price of this package by GM will be ridiculous. GM seems to be unable to compete with Ford in these terms. In the past Ford was almost always behind in the performance department, not anymore. Am I a Ford nut, please, look at my sig, but we as car enthusiasts must acknowledge who is ahead of the game.
Old 11-07-2010, 11:04 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by chaman
Besides the "track ready", "lightweight components" and "more horsepower" talking, what are their exact specifications and price? Until I dont see any of that I would refrain to cal them "stepping up".

I agree completely. And to add to that, whats the difference in weight between this car and a production SS?

With regards to price im sure it too will be ridiculous. With a top of the line SS surpassing the $40K dollar mark and the Z28 probably falling between 55-60K this thing could easily eclipse the price of the Z28. I see no reason why you wouldn't just modify a stock SS to accomplish the same thing.

Last edited by Lethal Z; 11-07-2010 at 11:49 AM.
Old 11-07-2010, 01:30 PM
TECH Fanatic

I'd def. like to see street legal versions of the two!
Old 11-07-2010, 01:40 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Why are mommy and daddy always fighting. Wahhhhhhh
Old 11-07-2010, 04:38 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by chaman
Agree with you...BUT, I bet the price of this package by GM will be ridiculous. GM seems to be unable to compete with Ford in these terms. In the past Ford was almost always behind in the performance department, not anymore. Am I a Ford nut, please, look at my sig, but we as car enthusiasts must acknowledge who is ahead of the game.
Yea GM def needs to step up the game... I know coming from a bankruptcy for a car company is pretty dam tough but if you want to come back you need to step it up & not repeat the same **** that got you in the bankruptcy situation. GM needs to offer various versions of cars that are top of the line, reliable, affordable or at least somewhat, & look dam good. If you make something different that stands out better then everyone else then people will buy it. Hopefully the Volt & Cruze gets GM back in the game. I'm no Ford fan but the Mustangs do look good from the front. & I love that it actually weighs in the mid 3k range. I like the looks of the 5th gen Camaro. I think if it weighed less & had a different interior it would be a BIG hit. But as of right now Ford is on top for performance with the Mustang. Of course its nothing to a Vette but Mustang > Camaro

I really wish I worked for GM in its styling/designing area.... When the 5th gen Camaro first came out I said they should offer a S/C Z28 (obviously) then I said they need to make a lighter Camaro that is built for road racing but street legal. & also offer a blacked out Camaro
Old 11-07-2010, 04:42 PM
***Repost Police***

I wish that Ford would make a halo car specifically to compete with the Corvette. The GT doesn't count. 2-seat composite ~3,200lb car with a warmed-up 6.2 would be an incredible car if they could keep it under $50k.
Old 11-07-2010, 11:44 PM
TECH Enthusiast

1. While the giant rear wing may be useful on a track it still looks out of place on the Camaro.

2. I believe Enzo Ferrari said, "Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines."
And I believe he knew how to win a race or two.

3. This thread had nothing to do with Ford, or any Ford products...so the thread is steered into the weeds...
Old 11-07-2010, 11:54 PM
***Repost Police***

Funny you mention Ferrari and aerodynamics... Ferrari was the first manufacturer to use a rear wing in Formula 1.
Old 11-08-2010, 08:00 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Irunelevens
I wish that Ford would make a halo car specifically to compete with the Corvette. The GT doesn't count. 2-seat composite ~3,200lb car with a warmed-up 6.2 would be an incredible car if they could keep it under $50k.

I'd like to see that too, however they'd probably never sell another Cobra though.
Old 11-08-2010, 08:31 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

So what suspension upgrades did the Camaro actually get? Paint, a cage, a stripped interior, and lest I forget, a fire suppression system don't really mean **** if the suspension isn't up to par.

With Ford and now Dodge both having production drag cars, I thought GM would have gone that route with the Camaro. An LS9-powered, stripped Camaro with an upgraded rear would be pretty competitive at the drag strip.
Old 11-08-2010, 09:11 AM
TECH Addict

OH! Does the "X" stand for EXTREME?!

Is the nomenclature a bit ricer-ish?
Old 11-08-2010, 10:06 AM
mcG
TECH Resident

Funny story... there's this thing called downforce, and when a car is being driven around a track with turns, a spoiler like that helps create downforce. Which helps the car stick to the track better.
thanks for filling me in. i guess since it serves a purpose then it can't be ugly. my mistake.
Old 11-08-2010, 11:24 AM
***Repost Police***

Originally Posted by Lethal Z
I'd like to see that too, however they'd probably never sell another Cobra though.
Possibly.
Originally Posted by mcG
thanks for filling me in. i guess since it serves a purpose then it can't be ugly. my mistake.
Form follows function.
Old 11-08-2010, 01:05 PM
Douchebag On The Tree

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Shackleford
OH! Does the "X" stand for EXTREME?!

Is the nomenclature a bit ricer-ish?
Meh, I've never seen a Civic Type - X, but I have seen a Ferrari FXX.

R and S maybe, depends on the application.(C6.R ???) X really isn't close to ricer territory yet IMO.
Old 11-08-2010, 03:03 PM
TECH Veteran

They use to, but it got lost along the way. Imagine just what it could have been nowadays if it would have followed a similar course as the Corvette...

One of my favorite cars of all time!

Quick Reply: GM stepping up!! Z06X and Camaro SSX coming!!