Automotive News, Media & Press Television | Magazines | Industry News

New C7 Info - GM says no Split window, no 5.5L

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2011, 11:09 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Bring it out so C6 Z06 prices can get even better for me.
Old 11-11-2011, 11:32 PM
TECH Fanatic

C3r is still my favorite "New" design

Old 11-12-2011, 01:27 AM
10 Second Club

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by RPM WS6
Not sure why everyone was so excited about a possibile 5.5L; if you were excited about the idea of DI, that's fine, but you can put that feature on a 6.2L displacement engine as well. IMO, stepping down displacement for a factory performance car is never a good thing.

Hopefully DI will be released on a new 6.2L eventually.
Old 11-12-2011, 05:10 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

IMO I think the C6 is one of the best looking vettes GM has made..... Interior can go both ways. I mean lets not forget the price. But yes Americans are PICKY people & want the best bang for their buck. & people just LOVE to call American cars interior plastic. Which I never! understood because Honda, Toyota, etc interior all have just as much plastic in it as well. I kind of liked the split window idea. As long as it puts the same or more amount of power then a LS7 or LS9 I'm good! Looks I've liked every Vette GM has made so I'm sure their nail it. 7 speed manual pretty interesting though. Offer every Vette with carbon fiber/suede interior & your golden!

Originally Posted by 3.8redbird

I like!!! the only thing I don't think the C7 will have is flip up head lights. No one really uses those anymore. Its a little "outdated" but sweet concept
Old 11-12-2011, 06:40 AM
LEO
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Flip up lights would be a huge step backwards.
Old 11-12-2011, 07:28 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

I like it, as well.

Originally Posted by LEO
True & they are an aero disaster.
Old 11-12-2011, 09:02 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by DoggyB22
I like!!! the only thing I don't think the C7 will have is flip up head lights. No one really uses those anymore. Its a little "outdated" but sweet concept
Lights could be put into the grills in the bottom or like the Transformers centennial vette. If only.
Old 11-12-2011, 12:30 PM
TECH Regular

Lights could be put into the grills in the bottom or like the Transformers centennial vette. If only.
No they cannot, unfortunately.
That would be bellow the required height limit.
Old 11-12-2011, 01:15 PM
Launching!

The good news for me is that the prices of used c6z cars will go down.
Old 11-12-2011, 03:22 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Buckwheat
I know GM is putting some very cool infotainment systems in upcoming caddies...hopefully other platforms will get the goods as well.
Leave that crap out of Vettes. I bought my car to drive, not dick with computer gimmicks. If I want gadgets and gizmos I'll buy a damn minivan or SUV; a vehicle that needs some pizzazz to be less boring. Better yet I'll stay at home where I can enjoy a movie on my tv or listen to music through my home theater system from the comfort of my couch. American drivers are distracted enough, and we want to give them more reasons to take their eyes off the road and drive like a-holes. Wonderful. If you need more in a sport vehicle than a solid powertrain, good suspension, and sticky tires then
Old 11-12-2011, 05:05 PM
TECH Resident

Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by LEO
They could just have a rotary style headlamp like on the older BMW 8 series.
Old 11-12-2011, 06:26 PM
12 Second Club

Looking forward to C7
Old 11-12-2011, 07:05 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by MI-Z/28
Leave that crap out of Vettes. I bought my car to drive, not dick with computer gimmicks. If I want gadgets and gizmos I'll buy a damn minivan or SUV; a vehicle that needs some pizzazz to be less boring. Better yet I'll stay at home where I can enjoy a movie on my tv or listen to music through my home theater system from the comfort of my couch. American drivers are distracted enough, and we want to give them more reasons to take their eyes off the road and drive like a-holes. Wonderful. If you need more in a sport vehicle than a solid powertrain, good suspension, and sticky tires then
Yes, because the only demographic GM is interested in is you.
How special you must feel...

You seem to have forgotten who the Corvette's real demographic is.

Also, the Cadillac Cue gizmos are not entirely accessible while you are driving around.
Old 11-12-2011, 09:00 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by Irunelevens
I hope they don't try to go too retro with the Corvette...it always has been very progressive, and I think that's how it should be.
Carrying over the general shape of the C4 from generation to generation isn't progressive and it is very stale, especially parked to the zenith of the 1960s models. The C4 was dramatic and futuristic when it bowed in the early 1980s. Today's car looks the same with a set of headlights from the Viper tacked on. Compared to the super cars from Chrysler and Ford and the new American muscle cars on the market as well as exotics you can get from Europe and Asia it is positively boring.
Old 11-12-2011, 09:02 PM
TECH Veteran

Not too shabby.
Old 11-12-2011, 10:18 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by DiscerningZ32

Also, the Cadillac Cue gizmos are not entirely accessible while you are driving around.
How special you must feel being 80 years old wanting a 400+hp vehicle that you will never drive faster than 5mph below the speed limit. You buy a sport vehicle so you can dick with everything EXCEPT driving. Before you die you still won't even have figured out how to preset your favorite radio stations. GM could save a lot of money just by putting a 4 banger in it and you wouldn't know the difference.
Old 11-13-2011, 08:10 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by TriShield
Corvette sales are among the worst they've been in the model's history. I think the biggest thing holding it back is it looking like it does sitting in showrooms next to the Camaro, which handily overshadows it.

The general overall look of the Corvette hasn't changed much since the C4 debuted and it's become the most vanilla looking sports car money can buy. Nothing about the style is distinctive or exciting. The Ford GT is a head turner, any Viper is a head turner while the Corvette is just a Corvette. GM's other performance models from the CTS-V to the Camaro are much more interesting to behold.

The car needs a total heritage inspired rethink in looks like the Camaro recieved. I was hoping it would get the same treatment but I guess not. Too bad.

^ THIS^

look, the 2012 vette looks similar to a 1978 model. thats not really retro.

its not rocket science to either make it look exotic and cutting edge, or Retro.

but why make it so plain and ordinary. you have the best bang for the buck looking like a 1988 mustang LX compared to the competition. me and tracy are looking for a `78 vette BECAUSE its iconic. not cutting edge.
Old 11-13-2011, 08:20 AM
***Repost Police***

Carrying over the general shape of the C4 from generation to generation isn't progressive and it is very stale, especially parked to the zenith of the 1960s models. The C4 was dramatic and futuristic when it bowed in the early 1980s. Today's car looks the same with a set of headlights from the Viper tacked on. Compared to the super cars from Chrysler and Ford and the new American muscle cars on the market as well as exotics you can get from Europe and Asia it is positively boring.
The C4 was so radical because the previous generation had been out for so long. I don't think the general shape of the Corvette is boring at all, and I'm excited to see what the new one looks like. But I've been a Corvette lover most of my life. There's an LT4 somewhere in my future : drive:
Old 11-13-2011, 09:17 AM
LEO
TECH Addict

Wow, you seem to know alot, and have a nice little opinion, that you try and pass off as fact. You know the old saying about opinions.
Old 11-13-2011, 09:19 AM
LEO
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by DiscerningZ32

Oh really? What is the Corvette demographic? Do you think most Corvette owners are into playing video games while driving?

Quick Reply: New C7 Info - GM says no Split window, no 5.5L