Automotive News, Media & Press Television | Magazines | Industry News

Camaro Chief Engineer says "You're Welcome" to Ford Mustang fans

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2011, 04:23 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by gocartone
Meh, the rich ******* stereotype is MUCH better than the head-banging, trailer park living, mullet rocking stereotype that is the Camaro and Mustang.
I've never seen Mustang tossed into the Camaro stereoptype before...

And the Corvette stereotype isn't rich *******, that's the Porsche stereotype...

The Corvette stereotype is a mish-mash of tack-on-accessory-loving-elvis-listening-automatic-tranny-buying-poke-around-town-old-guy...
Old 12-23-2011, 05:11 PM
TECH Resident

Meh, I've always seen the Corvette guy as the cheaper American stereotype of the Ferrari guy, with that "I'm better than you" attitude and Corvette/Ferrari jacket on all the time haha.
Old 12-23-2011, 07:31 PM
10 Second Club

Talking

Damn, I'm currently on my 2nd Camaro and my 2nd Corvette at the same time (and owned 4 different Mustang V8s over the years as well), I wonder which of the stereotypes I fall under LOL.

I agree with some of them but I don't know about all of those labels/stereotypes as I've seen all sorts of people driving all sort of cars over the years but for me, well, I just enjoy drag racing/setting some goofy internet records in my C6.
And I don't even own a 'Corvette' jacket LOL.
Old 12-24-2011, 01:14 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I just hope gmpp decides to sell the sc kit eventually, like they sell the ecotec sc.
At a price that will rival a typical h/c/i install. Still need headers with either route,so thats a wash.
Old 01-09-2012, 04:03 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 81 Likes on 72 Posts

I like this 5th Gen
Old 01-09-2012, 04:23 AM
Captain Double Post

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i like it as well, but if it came down to it i think i would pick the gt500, honest they just look better to me, i hope this camaro is all its made out to be,
Old 01-09-2012, 11:30 AM
Staging Lane

I'd rather have the GT500.
Old 01-13-2012, 10:10 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by MasterV8
I'm really liking it, even though it still looks like they've cut off Wall-e's head & stuck it to the dash.
LM AO and we shall call her EVVVA
Old 01-16-2012, 12:23 PM
TECH Fanatic

you know whats really funny... how people use the word arsenal or bag of tricks for a car manufacturer to make more power. are you serious? like they have some secret ways of making more power that one company doesnt know about? lol...

lol... in this day in age if you think chevy couldnt release a 800 horsepower monster ls9 tomorrow your numb. same goes for ford. i think you guys forget about the entire business picture. for ***** sake we have 4 cylinder hyundais approaching 300 horsepower. its really not that hard when you have millions of dollars for r&d. Everyone forgets the bean counters (yea.. ten bolt) at car manufacturers and what they will allow. Hey go figure not everyone in the higher ups at car companies are car guys. what a mind blowing thought.

Arguing about which car is faster from the factory is gay if you're a gear head. arguing sales numbers to make a car look superior is ******* stupid.. same goes with the relentless bailout bullshit.. just makes you look like a ******* artard. everyone knows ford took money as well been proven many times. who gives a **** as long as they're both making cool **** and motors we can modify to make 4 times they came with from the factory.
Old 01-16-2012, 02:22 PM
10 Second Club

Smile

Originally Posted by got-a-ls1
you know whats really funny... how people use the word arsenal or bag of tricks for a car manufacturer to make more power. are you serious? like they have some secret ways of making more power that one company doesnt know about? lol...

lol... in this day in age if you think chevy couldnt release a 800 horsepower monster ls9 tomorrow your numb. same goes for ford. i think you guys forget about the entire business picture. for ***** sake we have 4 cylinder hyundais approaching 300 horsepower. its really not that hard when you have millions of dollars for r&d. Everyone forgets the bean counters (yea.. ten bolt) at car manufacturers and what they will allow. Hey go figure not everyone in the higher ups at car companies are car guys. what a mind blowing thought.

Arguing about which car is faster from the factory is gay if you're a gear head. arguing sales numbers to make a car look superior is ******* stupid.. same goes with the relentless bailout bullshit.. just makes you look like a ******* artard. everyone knows ford took money as well been proven many times. who gives a **** as long as they're both making cool **** and motors we can modify to make 4 times they came with from the factory.
Good points.

Quick Reply: Camaro Chief Engineer says "You're Welcome" to Ford Mustang fans